1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That?s offensive! [emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offended-cat_o_1723401.jpg

The figure is actually too tall. Product height is 299,9mm which converts to 1,79982m or 5'11 feet. Isn't that a bit weird since Temuera Morrison's height is actually 1,71m?

So, to all of you complaining about the figure height, think again!

(unless Sideshow's product dimensions are wrong, that is)

The figure is actually too tall. Product height is 299,9mm which converts to 1,79982m or 5'11 feet. Isn't that a bit weird since Temuera Morrison's height is actually 1,71m?

Canonically Jango Fett and the Clones are 1.83m or 6 feet tall.

Considering a motorcycle helmet has around 3cm thickness, his height comes to 174cm at minimum. And that difference of 6cm becomes 1cm in one sixth scale which is not a big deal.

An actor's real world height does not necessarily equal the height of the character they portray. All sorts of tricks are used to make people seem taller, like camera angles and boxes. Shorter actors often wear platform shoes, like RDJ and countless others.

This is even more skewed when dealing with all/mostly CGI characters. There were no physical clone trooper armor sets built for the prequels. Everything about Cody is CGI except for his head. Temuera Morrison's actual height does not automatically correlate to how tall clones are.

The figure looks fine.

Every time I see Temuera Morrison's face I hear Boba Fett's dubbed lines in ESB.:gah::rotfl

Never has a bit actor's face been so widely distributed in a franchise and its branded merchandise. He must have signed his likeness away big-time.

The whole idea of literal clones was weird in the PT but I do love the Cody outfit - along with Gree probably the best of all the PT troopers.

ROTS had a large number of very cool looking clones - hopefully HT gets to lesser but cool figures like Bacara, AT-RT driver, Clone Commander, AT-TE Tank Gunner.

Every time I see Temuera Morrison's face I hear Boba Fett's dubbed lines in ESB.:gah::rotfl

Honst question - why do people get so bent out of shape about this? Not trying to be a jerk, genuinely curious. I know a lot of people consider the OT some kind of pure art that can't be touched, but I don't mind some of the changes that enhanced the visuals or improved the continuity, which of course, Morrison's voice as Boba does. I'm not saying all the changes make sense and I'm certainly not advocating for all of them, but this is one in particular that I don't understand people having an issue with. It does make sense and improves the lore a bit.

Honst question - why do people get so bent out of shape about this? Not trying to be a jerk, genuinely curious. I know a lot of people consider the OT some kind of pure art that can't be touched, but I don't mind some of the changes that enhanced the visuals or improved the continuity, which of course, Morrison's voice as Boba does. I'm not saying all the changes make sense and I'm certainly not advocating for all of them, but this is one in particular that I don't understand people having an issue with. It does make sense and improves the lore a bit.

Because the original Wingreen voice was perfect - attitude, menace and intonation - while Morrison sounds like a Kiwi footy commentator or that cop from Hunt for the Wilderpeople.:dunno

And in terms of continuity the PT-to-OT is awful - nothing much makes sense. I can't really connect that kid from Attack of the Clones with the suited character in ESB and I don't suggest anyone try it. Just like "kid Greedo" in TPM and cantina Greedo.

And honestly, not being a jerk at all, but I'm not sure which changes were improvements - that god-awful Jabba in the ANH docking bay (I'm sure there's a phone app that could create a more realistic Jabba than either the original SE or later disc versions of Jabba), or that god-awful CGI Jabba's band or the notorious "Noooo..." that Vader keeps uttering at the end of ROTJ or Wicket's eyeballs (?).

I mean I love clearer visuals and sound (love the 4K) but pretty much all the SE and other later DVD/Blu/4K shot additions were just crap added to make the movies different enough to re-release or re-issue.

The one thing I can't accept is Vader's "noo". That kills the scene entirely.
If there were a new iteration, I am afraid George would have let us hear Vader's every thought.

And honestly, not being a jerk at all, but I'm not sure which changes were improvements - that god-awful Jabba in the ANH docking bay (I'm sure there's a phone app that could create a more realistic Jabba than either the original SE or later disc versions of Jabba), or that god-awful CGI Jabba's band or the notorious "Noooo..." that Vader keeps uttering at the end of ROTJ or Wicket's eyeballs (?).

If i had the ability to change some things back, i'd like to remove the NOOOOO from ROTJ(And ROTS), get rid of Jabba in ANH, and reinstate the original Lapti Nek song sequence.
The Boba Voice doesn't annoy me as much as those other items. I could live with it(And for me, it ties him in to Jango). The other things are spot on, though.

If i had the ability to change some things back, i'd like to remove the NOOOOO from ROTJ(And ROTS), get rid of Jabba in ANH, and reinstate the original Lapti Nek song sequence.
The Boba Voice doesn't annoy me as much as those other items. I could live with it(And for me, it ties him in to Jango). The other things are spot on, though.

While I do love the Jango vs Kenobi battle (and would get a Jango based on that - if HT ever actually does him, I have a modded Hasbro version for now) and kinda liked Kamino I just find Temuera Morrison to be a bit lightweight. And then they had to clone him.:lol

And I recently saw ROTJ on the big screen and got to experience NOOOO even worse than on a TV - it sort of comes out of nowhere as well as being cheesy as hell.

And how that CGI ANH Jabba STILL looks as bad as he does I have no idea. You'd think by the 4K release they'd have a CGI Jabba that looks just like the ROTJ puppet - how cool would that be? I mean the old Hasbro SE Jabba looks more realsitic than any of the CGI Jabbas.

Not sure anyone absolutely loved even the old Jabba Lapti Nek but it's a Grammy-winner compared to that CGI abomination that is still in the 4K version.

While I do love the Jango vs Kenobi battle (and would get a Jango based on that - if HT ever actually does him, I have a modded Hasbro version for now) and kinda liked Kamino I just find Temuera Morrison to be a bit lightweight. And then they had to clone him.:lol

That's fair comment, but i like him. I like to hear different accents in the SW movies(Except the horrible Scottish accents in TFA. Totally takes me out of SW when i hear those, lol), so i was glad to hear his voice in the prequels and in TESB.

And I recently saw ROTJ on the big screen and got to experience NOOOO even worse than on a TV - it sort of comes out of nowhere as well as being cheesy as hell.

Ugh. That NOOOO is rubbish. I mute the tv when that's coming on, lol.

And how that CGI ANH Jabba STILL looks as bad as he does I have no idea. You'd think by the 4K release they'd have a CGI Jabba that looks just like the ROTJ puppet - how cool would that be? I mean the old Hasbro SE Jabba looks more realsitic than any of the CGI Jabbas.

Haha. Yeah. I would love to see it redone now, twenty four years after the SE cuts, and have it look fully rubber. I bet it would be easy to do for those working in the effects industry.

Not sure anyone absolutely loved even the old Jabba Lapti Nek but it's a Grammy-winner compared to that CGI abomination that is still in the 4K version.

I just prefer most of the original stuff, as you do.
I don't mind *some* of the changes. But that musical number is pants.

We saaaaaaaaaame.

Han shot first. Always. Without it chracter has less development. And it looks stupid anyway.

Back