1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a pic of him with the mask from the movie. It was really brief at the kidnapping scene. Not sure if it makes another appearance.
e709ed43fb729e834362a8843fa755fd.jpg

I hope this isn't just a display piece for the show, and they're using some canceled prototype.

Yes, I'd have to agree at this point.

Although pleasantly surprised, I'm not holding my breath that this Joker will ultimately be released. It might be safer to assume that HT were simply providing 'dioramas' for the event, tracing the evolution of the Batman character throughout the years via their figures - and including unreleased prototypes, mock ups, sculpts, display pieces, etc. to do so. If this was the first time that had happened, I'd be more inclined to think it was a conscious sneak reveal of forthcoming releases, but given HT have done similar (and even more elaborate) displays with the 1/6 Millennium Falcon, Tie Fighter, TFA troop transporter, etc., I'd err on the side of caution at the very least...

People should temper expectations. I doubt Bob the goon will be made when Penguin and Catwoman would be more desirable characters. That said, characters like the 66 villains are just so iconic that I believe they are a matter of when and not if.

These may also be shown to test the waters. I think Bob is just a custom being used for the exhibit, but people should be vocal if they want more characters from the Batman 66 or returns license.

Has there ever been a figure they created accessories for and didn't release? The Prometheus stuff was headless when we saw it, Xavier didn't have anything other than the figure on displayI'm just asking because this thing looks pretty much ready for solicitation. Alternate hands, the picture frame, flowers, the dehydrator; maybe some other stuff that hasn't been captured from these angles, yet. I don't see them going to all that trouble if it was just a prop for this show, nor do I see them abandoning it, if it's made it this far in the development stage.

People should temper expectations. I doubt Bob the goon will be made when Penguin and Catwoman would be more desirable characters. That said, characters like the 66 villains are just so iconic that I believe they are a matter of when and not if.

These may also be shown to test the waters. I think Bob is just a custom being used for the exhibit, but people should be vocal if they want more characters from the Batman 66 or returns license.

My first thoughts were he was a custom too... not so sure now, they've previewed Joker's henchmen from SS after all - maybe he'll be a special release 2-pack with a new version of Nicholson's Joker (art gallery version maybe?). Then again, as we all know, HT previewing a figure doesn't mean they'll release them!

I hope this isn't just a display piece for the show, and they're using some canceled prototype.

I think it was the last interview he conducted where Howard said more '66 figures were planned.I wish they were more open to questions on their Facebook page-other companies answer straight away-Big Chief,3A,XM collectibles.

Wow!! He looks incredible, so much character in the sculpt! I was just randomly thinking about the West and Ward figures yesterday that it was too bad there wasn't either a Batgirl or a Joker to complement them. And suddenly here's one of the two, looking better than I could have envisioned. Really hope the line keeps going.

If I'm not mistaken the background used with the 66 Joker is the same as the brighter 66 Batman variant. It could be a nice limited release for those who missed the previous version although the old version is still available.

Wut? They did not miss the old version since it's still available.

Wow...I honestly think I would buy this. I really do. Looks amazing...and if the extras like that amazing, funky base are included, would make for an amazing piece even without the other '66 characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couple more pics from Facebook.

The line up on display. Only the unreleased Batman and Joker have extra hands fanned out in front of them.

941f27b775f7277dbbb9c2ba267641cd.jpg

This is a better look at the Joker's hands. It looks like there is a set of clasped hands. Never seen a figure come with those before.

851c1da856770037c391cb3fd760036e.jpg

Back