1/6 Hot Toys Romero Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does anyone on this forum know if they sold well or not? Just cause they didn't sell out right away?
Maybe they made 10,000 figs, and it took forever to sell them. If they sell 8000 figs but it takes years, is that less successful than selling out a run of 5000 figs quickly?

My thoughts exactly, all conjecture.

How does anyone on this forum know if they sold well or not? Just cause they didn't sell out right away?
Maybe they made 10,000 figs, and it took forever to sell them. If they sell 8000 figs but it takes years, is that less successful than selling out a run of 5000 figs quickly?

Yes, the longer it takes to sell the merchandise the more costly it is for the distributors. They are wasting valuable space on things that aren’t moving so they discount them to get them out the door.

The more a product lingers, the bigger the discount to incentivize customers but it cuts into their profits.

The extreme example are the TFA Stormtroopers. They will eventually sell out before the decade is over but I wouldn’t call that successful at all.

Well there's a lull right now I think. I don't even know of any DC movies coming up besides Wonder Woman '84. Something like this might spark some interest; especially considering the Comic/TV inspired Wonder Woman release.

Star Wars has a lull and then they jumped to Director Krennic. I don't think they need Batman a re-release, definitely not Robin; but I'm someone who got into the 1/6 game later who might be up for a Romero Joker just by himself and may want Batman too. The proto of this looked pretty amazing, so that helps a lot.

You know what might been a big factor? The fact that up until some marvel lines, Hot Toys never ever finished a line. I know a lot of collectors said they wanted to wait to see if hot Toys was going to announce bad guys to go with the duo and I think that might of been another factor to why they took so long to sale out. Hot Toys kinda shoots themselves in the foot. Plus on top of it the btmobile never went on pre order which I was one of those collectors that were like “well if that goes up in deff picking up Batman and robin” and it never went up and the duo were completely out of site out of mind kinda deal. I do think though, if hot Toys does release the batmobile they will re release Batman and robin but probably much smaller.

We don't really know because hot toys doesn't release edition sizes but we can make educated guesses. The figures took a long time to sell out and we're heavily discounted. The Batmobile was cancelled. Hot Toys didn't jump on the line and started milking it.

Not making the villains probably hurts sales for a quite a few HT figures. I can only speak for myself but I would definitely track down a 66 Batman and Robin should this Joker ever go into production. I only decided to get an Arkham Batman via ebay after pre-ordering the Hamil Joker.

Collectors are wise to HT history of showing and then never making figures or just ending lines early. A more recent example Aquaman. I have no interest in pre-ordering that figure until I know we're getting an accompanying Black Manta and ideally Mera to.

The Returns Batman stayed around so long because there was no Catwoman or Penguin to go with him.

We don't really know because hot toys doesn't release edition sizes but we can make educated guesses. The figures took a long time to sell out and we're heavily discounted. The Batmobile was cancelled. Hot Toys didn't jump on the line and started milking it.

It's still not really an educated guess. Without knowing the release edition sizes, then there's no telling whether they sold well or not. Although some didn't sell immediately, and were discounted, that's more of an issue for some distributors. It's not a reflection on Hot Toys themselves. The Batmobile being cancelled, and HT not milking the line might have absolutely NOTHING to do with the sales potential. The reality is that the Marvel Movie and Star Wars lines have bigger audiences, and from a business reason would take priority - especially since all of the '66 line would be new (bodies, costumes, headsculpts). The Marvel and Star Wars have a lot that can be reused and refined.

For those like myself who are tired of waiting on Hot Toys to produce a Romero Joker there’s a Iris/ Creg customs intrest thread started on the customs side of this site that was split off a couple years ago. It will cost a bit more than a regular Hot Toys release but I’m tired of waiting for something HTs seems to have forgotten.
Login is the same as this site.

https://customonesixth.com/index.php?threads/1966-the-joker-iris-creg-customs.190484/

For those like myself who are tired of waiting on Hot Toys to produce a Romero Joker there’s a Iris/ Creg customs intrest thread started on the customs side of this site that was split off a couple years ago. It will cost a bit more than a regular Hot Toys release but I’m tired of waiting for something HTs seems to have forgotten.
Login is the same as this site.

https://customonesixth.com/index.php?...ustoms.190484/

For those who are on the fence, don’t wait. We are up to at least 20 people and this may be the only chance to get a top notch custom Cesar Romero Joker.

The links not working for me. I'd love to get one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I found it and expressed interest. Cool project.

I appreciate your help[emoji4]. This sounds so cool. I can't wait till we start seeing some samples.

Thank you to whoever went custom with this. I hate that this is my first post after lurking here for years, but man I've gotten tired of HT crapping on DC. Two years to get Justice League figures? And then they throw this out there and never do it? Sad. This will go great with my Batman and Robin figures and the boxes that Adam West and Burt Ward signed for me a couple of years ago at a convention. Thanks again

Back