Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here's some photos of my R1 Vader!

20181021_110008.jpg

20181021_110221.jpg

Sorry if already asked/answered, but would the boots/shin armor from the HT ESB Vader be compatible with the R1 figure? "Tweaking" the look of my R1 a bit to build a more overall satisfying Vader figure to my eye (not specifically screen accurate) and really dislike the fit of the R1 shin armor. Already swapped out the R1 codpiece for the HT ANH version (looks MUCH better IMHO).

82B0DDD0-F8FB-44B0-A704-F3AE5D355398.jpg

4997030A-5BC3-4720-A591-9C13B22457AA.jpg

I know this is a Vader thread, but the long foot pegs on the Luke Stormy Disguise was driving me nuts..swapped out with shorter foot pegs, looks more proportioned to my eye.

R1 diaper cod piece is screen accurate tho

I'm well aware of that. I already acknowledged that fact in my post:

"Tweaking" the look of my R1 a bit to build a more overall satisfying Vader figure to my eye (not specifically screen accurate)"

What I'm putting together isn't a specific R1 screen accurate figure, I'm assembling what to me will be a quintessential Vader character for my tastes. Thus, the ebony "Depends" adult diaper and ill-fitting shin armor have to go. The rest looks good to me.

Anyone makes wired cape for Vader? I've seen a lot for Batman but don't recall any for Vader?

And here's some photos of my R1 Vader!

View attachment 430816

View attachment 430817

I think that it's absolutely wonderful that you have Darth Vader's tunic put over his shoulder armor and I encourage everyone else to do that with this Hot Toys Rogue One Darth Vader figure. Having said that I must tell you to fix his tunic on his left side, it's all messed up. Plus his belt boxes should be touching his belt buckle in the front center. I don't know why people insist on positioning his belt boxes almost around back of him.

I think that it's absolutely wonderful that you have Darth Vader's tunic put over his shoulder armor and I encourage everyone else to do that with this Hot Toys Rogue One Darth Vader figure. Having said that I must tell you to fix his tunic on his left side, it's all messed up. Plus his belt boxes should be touching his belt buckle in the front center. I don't know why people insist on positioning his belt boxes almost around back of him.

Thanks for the tips.

I actually put the tunics back under the armor - now it looks stock as it did out of the box. I just don't like messing too much with the figure...

Back