Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah of course. That's a great idea! I bet the extra hands will sell like hotcakes!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks!!

You should get him. It's a much better figure than the previous ANH Vader.
[emoji6]

I'm sure he's an upgrade. I'll probably try to snag some loose items first to see if gloves and boots will be enough. May even go for the new body suit if the price is right.
I'll probably end up spending so much on loose bits that I should have just got the new figure outright.

The little buckle and man-sized cod is alarming... but he's an excellent figure.

I like that they made the chestbox larger, but all the elements on it seem too spread out now - too much background black.:gah:

But yeah, even if it doesn't strictly work as an ANH Vader, the glossy helmet and better painted chest armor really get a lot more "Vader feeling" than the ANH version.

I like that they made the chestbox larger, but all the elements on it seem too spread out now - too much background black.:gah:

Hot Toys!

200_s.gif

It's a pretty decent figure. I found out that I have one on its way ad a Christmas pressie. It's likely that I'll do a hybrid with this and the ANH Vader I have. I'm not planning on keeping the head/ helmet, the chest armour or the gloved hands. But the rest will make for a great figure methinks.

Anyone notice that the 2 silver dots near his mouthpiece and chin on the helmet seem off? One looks smaller and is darker color and the other one looks silver and normal...

Anyone notice that the 2 silver dots near his mouthpiece and chin on the helmet seem off? One looks smaller and is darker color and the other one looks silver and normal...
Just like the movie. [emoji6]

Just like the movie. [emoji6]

Oooh? I never noticed that... they always looked proportional to me.

I also just off customer service chat with Sideshow and the employee said that it doesn't include the blade with the lightsaber... I'm so confused now...

Oooh? I never noticed that... they always looked proportional to me.

I also just off customer service chat with Sideshow and the employee said that it doesn't include the blade with the lightsaber... I'm so confused now...

Mine has a blade so does the other 2 I have seen

Well I'm weak, so I went ahead and preordered this again. I may not be crazy about how the costume looks in the movie, but the figure looks really damn good and much better out of the box than any other Vader we've seen. And after only having a couple of old Sideshow Vaders before, I'm getting desperate to upgrade to something nicer. :p

I might not order it yet we will see. for the time being I will just upgrade parts here and there to see how it will look before I decide on which vader to display

I really hope they make an ESB Vader with the Bespin Catwalk as a base...I want this pose so bad:

dae3a8c45cfd4818067bcb006cfffd40.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Pretty decent figure"... boy are we spoiled in this day and age! XD

This figure (basically a reissue of an older figure) is $250 plus shipping. I think a little spoiling is in order.:lol

What's always funny on this forum is context. At one end we've got the guy who's never seen/handled a 1/6 Vader other than the Hasbro Action Collection one they got from eBay, while at the other end we have the guy who's spent 10+ years buying custom Vaders, the couple of Medi Vaders, then the Sideshow Vaders, and now the HT ones.

So one guy's like "it's a miracle!!!" and the other guy's like "eh, I want more." And they look at each other and go "WTF?!":rotfl

Back