Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok yeah that was pretty damn cool. Although I wish they kept it as an alternate, standalone fight instead of trying to insert it into ANH, since it doesn't remotely fit the style of that movie.

Rogue One Vader is a beast. In honour of that:

Yikes. Was expecting halfway Ben being force-pushed through a hot-dog stand into a manure truck.

Not to be an OT purist but this doesn't fit at all. Well-made though obviously.

Yikes. Was expecting halfway Ben being force-pushed through a hot-dog stand into a manure truck.

Not to be an OT purist but this doesn't fit at all. Well-made though obviously.

That was awesome! I love the original rendition but I would love for Disney(or Lucas) to remake it into something like this to better match ROTS and R1

Kinda reminds me of Yoda whipping out his frenzied style against Dooku and the shock of seeing that at first. I like this but I think the speed of the original ANH duel was more keeping with the rest of the action in the film and the characters.

In ANH only lightsabers were suposedly very heavy like medieval longswords. Might explain why the duel is as slow as it is, that and no money for a choreographer!

Would the pants from the HT Vader figures (or even SSC) be too oversized to fit standard 1/6 figures? From what I’ve read I believe this figure is a bit taller, but are there ones that can work better? Thanks.

My favorite 1:6 Vader so far. Added a Jaxon cape which drapes fantastically.
eaa7d8f4ea633d24fa0f1baf44f54425.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

In ANH only lightsabers were suposedly very heavy like medieval longswords. Might explain why the duel is as slow as it is, that and no money for a choreographer!

Lucas also said it’s two old people fighting. Especially an older Anakin with robotic parts. That was TPM behind the scenes portion.

The one downside to the R1 vader: skinny legs on the base body. Used a lower body fat suit and legs look much better filled out. I've grown to really dig the GIANT cod piece....does make sense

View attachment 361016

The modified, thicker legs on this MMS388 Vader figure does look better. And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who likes Vader's perfectly puffy Rogue One cod-piece.

It was a cool scene... but it still feels just a bit videogamey to me with all the showoffy moves and force pushing Vader was doing, along with the darkened hallway and overly dramatic lighting. I think it would have been just as effective, and more in keeping with the OT, to see him deflecting blasts and slicing through people in his normal way, and in the kind of bright, smoke-filled hallway we see at the start of ANH.

In the original Star Wars when Han and Luke takes out the TIE Fighters after they escape from the Death Star that's a little videogamey as well. Star Wars has always been perfectly suited for the world of video games.

Value depends on how many Vader's Hot toys puts out there. I never got the Rogue One Vader and am not looking for it Since I have the New Hope Version. I did get the gloves though. Both of those Vader's are high in price though. Rogue One's value dropped back down to around retail after the Tarkin 2 pack and the Empire Vader. Collect what you like and not for investment is the best policy in my book.

How much do you think this piece will be worth in a few years time?

It will soar in value. Did you ever see the crap mittens Hot Toys gave their ANH version? People on here did everything they could to overlook that boner...lol No way would I pay good money for that crap. You knew sooner or later they would fix that and release a new Vader. R1 Vader is the end all be all, cuz.

Back