Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the body suit new or repurposed from ANH Vader? To me it looks more form-fitting, which I prefer. The ANH suit is nice but I'd prefer if it weren't so baggy. I saw someone here a while back that took in the arms and inseam a bit which made a big improvement of the look and fit.

I'd love to buy this figure but I'm overall happy with my ANH version. I'll take a shot at picking up some loose items like the gloves and belt with belt boxes, and possibly the body suit if it has indeed been newly tailored.

I'm one of the few that doesn't really mind the gloves/gauntlets. I like that Hot Toys went with soft goods for the gauntlets, they just came up short with the hand sculpts. Plastic with a matte finish and thicker fingers was all they would have needed to change to make them perfect.

There is no need to justify ANH version purchase. That version is very good except gloves. RO Vader looks meh at the best, not much improved there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, perfectly happy with my JazzInc modded ANH Vader. I want an OT Vader, ANH in this case, not ROTS, not R1.

Very nice, but a bit too shiny for my taste. I get it is R1, but I'd only want a shiny Vader from ESB and ROTJ.

I don't think so. They are aiming more for RoTJ look than faithful ANH. Like it or not, they are not trying too hard to follow the OT. New troopers, different Vader, dozen of new heroes.

I'm fine with it looking shiny, as it's pretty clear that after he got dirty/beat up throughout the saga (films and expanded universe) he either gets his armour cleaned or gets replacement parts between battles/action. So for me its consistent within the universe, and personally I think his armour is better off looking shiny. We're also not certain at this point what occurs in Rogue One or how much time takes place between the stealing of the plans in R1 and Vader chasing down Leia on the Tantive IV.

Man some of the futzing in some of these photos is beyond belief.

Bad:

15304476_10154004818302344_2090968583709307221_o.jpg

No neck.

vs. Good:

15250741_10154004822407344_3686061185735346262_o.jpg

Neck.

I mean all that time spent in photoshop and people can't spend the time to make the figure look good first too?

I'm fine with it looking shiny, as it's pretty clear that after he got dirty/beat up throughout the saga (films and expanded universe) he either gets his armour cleaned or gets replacement parts between battles/action. So for me its consistent within the universe, and personally I think his armour is better off looking shiny. We're also not certain at this point what occurs in Rogue One or how much time takes place between the stealing of the plans in R1 and Vader chasing down Leia on the Tantive IV.

Somewhere I read that it's 10 minutes.

Somewhere I read that it's 10 minutes.

Yeah, I've heard that too. I'm hoping its not true otherwise there is genuine reason to complain about the inconsistencies. Maybe Vader walking through that smoke in the trailer gets him dirty and mattes up his armour lol.

* BREAKING NEWS *​

Vader has a wardrobe malfunction 11 minutes before the beginning of Star Wars and has to duck into a broom cupboard to make some hasty adjustments to his outfit.

If he was a new Iron Man they'red be videos and a thousand pictures up in about an hour of his release..... Sadly though it's Star Wars... Meh.. Vader just doesn't get the same love over there as he does here... :(

If he was a new Iron Man they'red be videos and a thousand pictures up in about an hour of his release..... Sadly though it's Star Wars... Meh.. Vader just doesn't get the same love over there as he does here... :(

Haha I was going to add this but then didn't :lol

1/4 scale Vader! Where art thou, Quatereth Scale Lord Vader!?

They are busy with tea cup Vader and don't have time for fan demand, sorry :)

Haha. Just hard when this gets revealed over a year after we first see the 1/4 scale. Me wants a HT shiny ANH style-ish Vader...but me wants it 1/4 scale.
Will have to wait...

Back