Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The PE pictures look pretty good. The FB ones look pretty bad. Cool looking figure, but I see no reason to get this figure if you already have ANH version. I do commend HT on better placement of the belt boxes though and the codpiece looks like it's closer to the chest box. Lightsaber hook on the belt is closer to the front as well.

The main thing is that gloves looks still ok. Give me that and i'm out of here :)

New glove hands don't have that weird sculpted/pleather combo thing but they still look a bit too small compared to the overall body/frame. And don't love the sculpt on the actual hands/fingers.

In most of the pics this really just looks like the ANH version with more noticeably brown eyes and gunmetal paint. Well, other than that codpiece.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed - it was opprtunity to take what was good about the ANH version and hit the whole thing out of the park, but it doesn't really feel different enough, not even as different as the re-releases Sideshow does like V2 Fett or Vader.

New glove hands don't have that weird sculpted/pleather combo thing but they still look a bit too small compared to the overall body/frame. And don't love the sculpt on the actual hands/fingers.

In most of the pics this really just looks like the ANH version with more noticeably brown eyes and gunmetal paint. Well, other than that codpiece.

Overall, I'm a bit disappointed - it was opprtunity to take what was good about the ANH version and hit the whole thing out of the park, but it doesn't really feel different enough, not even as different as the re-releases Sideshow does like V2 Fett or Vader.

Agreed, hoped the new hands to be a true improvement over the ANH ones. They are not. Fingers are too thin, and indeed the gloves seem too small. I'll look for more in hand photos, but I hoped for more.

Who wants this background fan service character anyway..

he doesn't even use his saber....once? Because that's the strong impression i'm getting.

pfft

So the big question right now is: can his arm be replaced with the light-up arm from the ANH Vader to get a proper lightsaber?

How would the glove work? This version has sculpted gloves whereas the ANH version has cloth / velcro gloves?

I guess it's just a simple task of removing the ANH gauntlets and replacing the hands with the new ones.

s-l300.jpg

If the plastic gauntlets go over the RO arms, then they ought to go over the ANH arms. :pray:

Just to clarify once again to the doubters, he does come with his red popsicle:

That's a nice looking set especially the gloves
So the big question right now is: can his arm be replaced with the light-up arm from the ANH Vader to get a proper lightsaber?
Maybe they deliberately made a new body so it won't work..

Haha, i'm pretty sure they reused everything they could. New body ... haha ...

It may be my eyes but does the shin armour have a visible line /join making them longer at the ankle part of the leg ? It looks a bit weird.

So, on the ANH version HT gives Vader a perfectly pristine chest box & belt boxes & buckle, yet on the RO version that is pristine, they give him a weathered chest box & a weathered belt boxes & buckle??? Really HT? ... :slap

Back