Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ī am not going to buy a Vader that doesn't have a lit up lightsaber. Feels like Hot Toys is doing so we will have to buy multiple Vader's. Guess I'm waiting for the ESB version.

Which is frustrating since I would be all over this one if it just had a light up saber.

I don't know. I was alive and aware back in the day and no one wanted to see Hammill in anything. Not even Corvette Summer. He just wasn't a good actor or interesting in any way. He may have also had a bad agent but I never heard a word about that, back in the day.

Harrison Ford was saved by being interesting, a strong leading man... and having Indiana Jones cut past his Han Solo baggage.

I remember looking for him...

I only saw him again here:

wingcommander4.jpg

And then, I remember being told that he has made a great Joker, voice actor. That's something, no doubt. I still have to watch that.

Plus, he seems to be a great guy.

Colonel Blair, oh those memories :) Hamill is best Joker ever. That itself is huge role. And yes, he seems like a very cool guy.

I know this is sacrilege, but as memorable as it was, I've always found his Joker to be more cheesy and annoying than truly scary or threatening in any way. And the Joker episodes were always some of my least favorite on BTAS.

(please don't hurt me) :p

Ī am not going to buy a Vader that doesn't have a lit up lightsaber. Feels like Hot Toys is doing so we will have to buy multiple Vader's. Guess I'm waiting for the ESB version.

Which is frustrating since I would be all over this one if it just had a light up saber.

You can buy first, the light saber you can get from 3rd party company...

I don't know about cartoon but he was awesome Joker in Arkham games.

I remember Mark was in an episode of Spielberg's Amazing Stories in the 80's. It was probably the most memorable for me since he was in it and I also liked that he played a guy who kept all his childhood toys & collectibles at the advice of a magic goblin lol.

I remember Mark was in an episode of Spielberg's Amazing Stories in the 80's. It was probably the most memorable for me since he was in it and I also liked that he played a guy who kept all his childhood toys & collectibles at the advice of a magic goblin lol.
Yup, that was a good one. Wish that show had run longer, but was not meant to be...

I know this is sacrilege, but as memorable as it was, I've always found his Joker to be more cheesy and annoying than truly scary or threatening in any way. And the Joker episodes were always some of my least favorite on BTAS.

(please don't hurt me) :p

You've just raped many childhood dreams.

I never liked the Joker either in that cartoon. Freeze was good.

wow.

and are people really talking **** on mark hamill? these must be the same people who actually think sw7 was a good film.

I solved the lightsaber issue for RO Vader! I ordered a lightsaber from the new SS Vader that came out. It has the detachable blade and is much slimmer than the Deluxe (thank God). I'll just use it whenever I want to pose him with an ignited saber. Problem solved!

I solved the lightsaber issue for RO Vader! I ordered a lightsaber from the new SS Vader that came out. It has the detachable blade and is much slimmer than the Deluxe (thank God). I'll just use it whenever I want to pose him with an ignited saber. Problem solved!
That's all well and good, but I am definitely not spending another $40 or $50 on a lightsaber again, only to have Hot Toys realize that "oh ****, these fans are right, it really does do justice to the figure to add a lightsaber."

And this is the dark lord of the Sith we're talking about here. Regardless of whether he actually ignites that damn saber in the film... his ass is worthy of the display option.

I am not normally the type that gets rid of figures to get the latest and the greatest. The only reason I got the Days of Future Past Wolverine was because my Medicom X3 Wolvie crapped out on me. But with the Sideshow Vader and the old Sideshow Maul, I feel I need to update them at this point. But I'd rather not get rid of a perfectly good Vader and his lightsaber, when his replacement is going to be gimped.

Hot Toys not including the blade is such an odd choice, that leaves me wondering if they were actually instructed by Disney/Lucasfilm not to include it. I can't imagine what that reason would be. What reason would Hot Toys have to not include such a simple, cheap to produce (or already produced) and iconic accessory? They probably have a stockpile of saber blades to be used for future versions. (ESB, ROTJ)

It's not like there will be a Rogue One "battling version" Vader with weathered robes and armor plus exclusive lit saber. (Hmmm, after typing that I'm not so sure we won't see that version)

Whatever the case, it's a strange but poor decision by whomever is responsible.

Hot Toys not including the blade is such an odd choice, that leaves me wondering if they were actually instructed by Disney/Lucasfilm not to include it. I can't imagine what that reason would be. What reason would Hot Toys have to not include such a simple, cheap to produce (or already produced) and iconic accessory? They probably have a stockpile of saber blades to be used for future versions. (ESB, ROTJ)

It's not like there will be a Rogue One "battling version" Vader with weathered robes and armor plus exclusive lit saber. (Hmmm, after typing that I'm not so sure we won't see that version)

Whatever the case, it's a strange but poor decision by whomever is responsible.

A few theories are that it would be spoilerish or it might make people think Vader uses his saber in R1 when he doesn't.

Back