Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not that I don't like it at all, it's just not as cool as any other trooper design.

For me, nothing has really come close to the original Stormtrooper design in starwars. It has that menacing caricature design that fit perfectly into the space fantasy vibe that the original movie had. You immediately knew that these were the bad guys when you looked at the design. All other designs, snow and scout troopers included, deviate from that to some extent. The new ST stuff is too modern military inspired for me. And that bled into the death trooper design as well.

It's a normal thing to like what you grew up with that's all.

Generally true, but just because you prefer or like something better than something else, doesn't mean you dislike the other thing. I like ESB better than ANH, but it doesn't mean I dislike ANH.

Generally true, but just because you prefer or like something better than something else, doesn't mean you dislike the other thing. I like ESB better than ANH, but it doesn't mean I dislike ANH.

Not biting Silverstar.

Yes, I've seen the multiple pages of it over on the TLJ thread.

What are you, a lawyer needing debate practice or what ?

Not biting Silverstar.

Yes, I've seen the multiple pages of it over on the TLJ thread.

What are you, a lawyer needing debate practice or what ?

In your own words:

Geez so agressive......settle man.

And no. You just seemed to think that because chris preferred the design of the FO Stormtrooper, it meant that he disliked the design of the OT Stormtrooper and you couldn't fathom why he didn't like the OT design the best simply because it's the OT. He never said he disliked the design of the OT, just that he preferred the design of the FO troopers because they look more like clone troopers, which he apparently prefers the design of as well. It doesn't mean he dislikes the OT design.

Just because one person prefers one thing over the other, it doesn't invariably mean they dislike the other thing. :duff

Get out. I didn't think anyone liked the FO troopers better.
I do like the FO troopers, but they're no match for the originals imo.

Like anything apart from the OT and it's basically:

tenor.gif

:lol

But no, I just thought the design of the FO trooper was more streamlined. The expression on the helmets of the OT troopers looks more menacing, but I thought the FO troopers' armor looked better aesthetically.

I like the ST troopers... I actually like all their designs, Flametroopers etc. But the original design ethic is pretty special to me. Almost nothing has dated from the whole McQuarrie based designs of the OT from the troopers to the ships. They all still look as good today as they did back then.

I don’t think the ESB over ANH is the same argument over ‘growing up’ with something so preferring the original is the way to go... people grow up with the whole trilogy, whether it’s the OT, prequels or the sequels... each of the trilogies has/had their own design teams and design ethic.

I personally don’t like clone designs for several reasons, and them ‘not being stormtroopers’ might be one of them actually... but I think the ‘Fett-ised’ helmet visors is one of the reasons also... and the cgi nature of their movement on screen didn’t help me either. But I know there’ll be thousands upon thousands of people who prefer them... maybe for the exact reasons I don’t. And that’s fine... I’d never say they’re wrong... we’ll just differ on that. ( they’re so obviously wrong!! ;) )

Rogue One brought us some great designs that really worked for the OT and it’s nice to see things expand into other mediums such as the Death Troopers being in Rebels and the Ghost going the opposite way and still looking like a credible ship.

Well I mean put it this way: if I were to only get one Stormtrooper for my collection, it would hands down be an OT Stromtrooper because the OT is what I'm partial to from a nostalgic perspective. Like I've stated before in other threads, for me with SW there is the OT, then there is everything else. The OT no matter what takes precedence even if any other film is fundamentally a better film, simply again from a nostalgic perspective.

However, if I'm being veracious on what Stormtrooper design I personally think is a better design, I think the FO/ST Stormtroopers have a better design.

God, you guys argue over semantics like little bitches. So what if someone likes the FO troopers? Some people like to eat poop; probably the same people.

Definitely the same people. :lol

This movie makes for magic troop mixes, they look so good together. :clap

Thanks man, yeah these troopers look great as a group. In my opinion also fit well with the overall design and aesthetic of the OT, even though they were created almost 40 years later.

Back