Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

A query for any Aussies who ordered this from Sideshow...
I just received shipping information for my BD Robo, a massive difference in the shipping as it came directly from Hong Kong, rather than the U.S. as it usually would. Is this the same for others? I'm hoping its a change in general shipping practices from this point on.

Is it a good change or a bad change? I haven't ordered yet.

Edit: Sorry misread the post. I mean, is there any change in shipping fees? Thanks.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

A query for any Aussies who ordered this from Sideshow...
I just received shipping information for my BD Robo, a massive difference in the shipping as it came directly from Hong Kong, rather than the U.S. as it usually would. Is this the same for others? I'm hoping its a change in general shipping practices from this point on.

I'm in the UK and my Marty McFly shipped from HK too. Could be a new practice

I just bought another one so I can have him with his helmet as well because I think he looks brilliant.
The helmet was too clean so I did a bit off weathering.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Pure platinum, james the cat!

With this head with the face-sculpt buying the chair actually makes sense.
But I still think that he's not enough flexible to look well while sitting.

Fantastic job. How did you go about the weathering? Is that paint?

Top notch work JTC. Well done buddy. :)

Would be cool if there'ld be the possibility to take off that thing on his left knee.

Would be totally movie accurate then...

Outside my Michael Myers 1/6 and Terminators 1/6 figures I don't usually like to have multiply figures of the same character (I have clean Robo and will display this set with him) but seeing P. and JTC having Robocop in that pose when the SWAT team attack Robocop it's seriously giving me the itch to buy a spare BD body so I can have that look, hopefully it passes. :pray:

Cheers for comments guys
Yes I used black paint for the helmet
I'm after the rubber part for his neck if any body as got one for sale?

That looks awesome James.

Having a display of Murphy > Clean Robocop > Slightly BD Robocop > Your custom Helmeted BD Robocop > BD Robocop, would be awesome.

A timeline of him through the movie

^ That's gotta be a $2000 display idea right there. :lol

Really looking forward to owning this set.. when I can afford it.

yeah i aint doing none of that, i will have murphy>robocop>robomurphy and thats it.

My plan at the moment is Cop, Clean and BD.

But I've been keeping an eye on that melted Emil custom project, and if a Boddicker was announced then I'd probably go insane and buy ED and that old DICKJONES bootleg from Saturday Toys(?)

Awesome collection James, and I love the dulled rubber of this robo

Really nice weathering there. :clap

Looks so good, it begs the question: why the frak didn't HT include a damaged helmet/head with this release?

For the insane price point they're asking, it seems a minor addition.
I'd certainly prefer it over Gerber bottles . . . :cuckoo:

___

Back