Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Just checked all my old e-mails. I can't speak to HT's schedule, but my original Sideshow order confirmation had it shipping in early February. Did not receive it until early November.

Well I can't speak for SS but HT slated it for Q2 2014 and it released in September. :duff

Incoming. :panic:

11194510_10152784761957344_3416675172310219426_o.jpg

Oh HELLS yes. :duff

I'm only after Murphy if someone needs a split out. :)

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Why so soon??????????????????

:monkey4

Why not? I'd be more than happy to get this now as I've got the funds put away and want to drop them on this awesome set before the wife spends it!

Hell yes! I hope this means it's coming as soon as Marty McFly did when they released the last "upcoming" banner because BOY did that come fast, even though it was expected to be the last one in that line-up.

This is WAY earlier than predicted though. How/why is it coming so soon?

Can't wait for this. To not only finally have an unmasked Robocop but one that, as of the prototype, appears to have been done incredibly well.

Thinking of it, this was unusual for Hot Toys. They announced pretty much a full line very early on. No sooner had the regular Robocop and ED-209 gone up for order when they revealed that a full BD figure was also coming. We never got that with Terminator, all we could ever do there was surmise that 'maybe' or 'probably' BD versions would be made eventually and that went on for what seemed like a very long time, nothing but speculation. With Robocop (Robocop 1 at least) the speculation period was so minimal.

And when he went up for order we got Alex Murphy aswell which was a huge surprise - a figure that I never knew I needed and yet now I don't think I'd be without it. He suddenly seemed hugely important when I first saw the figure and still does.

I don't think they'll make any other figures from Robocop, I even have doubts they'll do Cain or a Robocop 2 paintjob, but if they don't I'll be content with what we've got now.

Can't wait for this. To not only finally have an unmasked Robocop but one that, as of the prototype, appears to have been done incredibly well.

Thinking of it, this was unusual for Hot Toys. They announced pretty much a full line very early on. No sooner had the regular Robocop and ED-209 gone up for order when they revealed that a full BD figure was also coming. We never got that with Terminator, all we could ever do there was surmise that 'maybe' or 'probably' BD versions would be made eventually and that went on for what seemed like a very long time, nothing but speculation. With Robocop (Robocop 1 at least) the speculation period was so minimal.

And when he went up for order we got Alex Murphy aswell which was a huge surprise - a figure that I never knew I needed and yet now I don't think I'd be without it. He suddenly seemed hugely important when I first saw the figure and still does.

I don't think they'll make any other figures from Robocop, I even have doubts they'll do Cain or a Robocop 2 paintjob, but if they don't I'll be content with what we've got now.

100% agree with you, this is just amazing news at the moment and I'm more than happy with the Robocop figures they're working on and have released. Cannot wait for this, hopefully we see the same swift movement as we did with Marty from the last upcoming poster they teased. It sure as hell looks like we are getting it before 2016 in any case.

I think the reason we got all these Robocop figures so quickly was because HT was being more aggressive in order to compete with the Enterbay 1/4 Robocop, which was also in development at the time. HT offerred not just one, but two figures featuring Peter Weller's likeness, while Enterbay could only offer us Robert Burke's likeness from RC3. I think the strategy worked, since Enterbay seems to only be making NBA figures now. Which is a shame, since their other figure lines were pretty awesome imo.

100% agree with you, this is just amazing news at the moment and I'm more than happy with the Robocop figures they're working on and have released. Cannot wait for this, hopefully we see the same swift movement as we did with Marty from the last upcoming poster they teased. It sure as hell looks like we are getting it before 2016 in any case.

I'll feel like I can rest easy once I have this - a line complete as far as the core requirements and conventions of a toy-line. The hero in his various states and the villain (ED-209). Sure Clarence Boddicker and DickJones were the main villains but I understand that they're just not 'toyetic', they were never likely to be made so their omission from the line doesn't come as a disappointment.

I think the reason we got all these Robocop figures so quickly was because HT was being more aggressive in order to compete with the Enterbay 1/4 Robocop, which was also in development at the time. HT offerred not just one, but two figures featuring Peter Weller's likeness, while Enterbay could only offer us Robert Burke's likeness from RC3. I think the strategy worked, since Enterbay seems to only be making NBA figures now. Which is a shame, since their other figure lines were pretty awesome imo.

Excellent point. That would probably explain it. Also, when Enterbay was getting us excited about their BD T-800, Hot Toys released DX10 and immediately announced DX13. Doesn't seem like coincidence.

It's a pity Hot Toys succeeded and wiped EB off the map because who knows how long HT will drag any given non-Marvel lines out now that they're left to their own devices.

Last edited:

Excellent point. That would probably explain it. Also when Enterbay was getting us excited about their BD T-800 Hot Toys released DX10 and immediately announced DX13. Doesn't seem like coincidence.

It's a pity Hot Toys succeeded and wiped EB off the map.

Yeah, I agree. Competition is always good for the consumers in the end. My 1/4 collection hasn't changed much at all since EB's RC3 release. My 1/6 collection, on the other hand, has exponentially exploded :lol I still love my 1/4 collection though, so hopefully HT can help breathe some new life into it with their 1/4 line.

Yeah, I agree. Competition is always good for the consumers in the end. My 1/4 collection hasn't changed much at all since EB's RC3 release. My 1/6 collection, on the other hand, has exponentially exploded :lol I still love my 1/4 collection though, so hopefully HT can help breathe some new life into it with their 1/4 line.

1:4 is probably gonna be nothing but superheroes from here on. I suspect that Iron Man Mark 43 was the beginning of the end for just about anything else.

I'm pretty happy with the line also but do wish they'd step up to the plate and make a robocain figure and maybe a Robocop 2 figure with the blue hue but that's just nitpicking to be honest. Can't wait for the 2 pack and to see murphy sitting there on my shelf. I might even get 2 and customise the hell out of the murphy figure to make him post shootout bloody.

Yeah that's what I thought, even as recently as the last schedule that Budget Stark posted. Can't believe this.

But as long as they haven't rushed anything and it comes out close to the prototype, great. Just means having less expense towards the end of the year when Batman Returns and the Delorean could be out.

Well, I'm happy I'm not on that big Batman and/or Bttf train.
I want/need a 2nd DX-13 in fight with the T-1000 and Kyle Reese and then I COULD be done (after Murphy/Rc, Hulk and HB.)

Friend of mine just said and he's right with that:
Robocop was essentially done, only BD and Murphy is easy to make. HS from BD, narrow tt I think and the clothes...done.
Not rushed, just resources that are already there.
Guess I'll have that autumn. I figure august/september in germany...

Excellent point. That would probably explain it. Also when Enterbay was getting us excited about their BD T-800 Hot Toys released DX10 and immediately announced DX13. Doesn't seem like coincidence.

It's a pity Hot Toys succeeded and wiped EB off the map because who knows how long HT will drag any given non-Marvel lines out.

Absolutely true- without EB to compete with on other licenses HT is going to be lazy and not pursue "fringe" figures anymore...Terminator and Robocop were on fire between these two companues- good 'ol days!

:yess: Unexpected but a welcome surprise! Can't wait for the blogger photos. I hope HT have got Robo's paint right this time...

Id say its the same paintjob. Looks that way anyway and given factory costs ht will probably stick with the same paintjob rather then alter a factory line process. I don't really care if it is to be honest because with all the dirty and grimy battle damage you'd hardly notice the paintjob underneath.

Back