Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

that "blue paint" must be leaking liquid and looks absolutely intended.

It's possibly a lighting issue where it had to be blue in order to reproduce a slightly different colour when filmed.
There has been fan contention on Star Wars models for years with the TIE Fighters. The models were painted a dark blue but when filmed under bright lights against blue screen, they appear white. So what is accurate when reproducing a studio scale TIE Fighter? The blue it was painted and is shown clearly in behind the scenes images and footage? Or the white it appeared to be onscreen?
Its all good, and in the above image, it's probably a different colour than how it would appear onscreen anyway.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

i don't have any problem with blue liquid going through robocop's mechanisms. or with any other color.

i don't have any problem with blue liquid going through robocop's mechanisms. or with any other color.

I don't have a problem either.
My point was that a still image might vary wildly from what we see on screen. Just because of lighting issues and what the director of photography has been told the director wants to see on the screen in the final film.

Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Finally unpacked this figure
7fba1014a023ca89ee0ab44c7e40ffa5.jpg
c356924970ddbf9ed64abe070648dab9.jpg

Snagged a bd Robocop for 205€ (~$225) on ebay today. I guess that's a pretty good price for Germany/Europe :yess:

Gr8 fig congrats.
My Robo
DSCF3827_zpsrm6f9uy1.jpg

DSCF3823_zpsqwyk2odr.jpg

:rock
i plan to do the same for one of my BD robocops, can you share what you used for the mirror?

so you used some factory trash to represent factory trash perfectly, lucky you :( :clap

hmmm. thanks! will try, must work.

Use a pair of scissors to cut open a Diet Coke can and the trim a piece to shape.

Diet Coke!!!

Call yourself Scottish, what about a good old can of Irn Bru? :rotfl

We only drink a can of Diet Coke after a King sized Kebab or Fish Supper. :lecture

Diet Coke!!!

Call yourself Scottish, what about a good old can of Irn Bru? :rotfl

We only drink a can of Diet Coke after a King sized Kebab or Fish Supper. :lecture

Just a turn of phrase, lol. I normally drink Asda Cherryade or fizzy Vimto!
I just meant diet coke from the pint of view that there are parts of the exterior can that are silver/alu and wouldn't need the colour sanded or stripped off.

I don't have a problem either.
My point was that a still image might vary wildly from what we see on screen. Just because of lighting issues and what the director of photography has been told the director wants to see on the screen in the final film.
no, i meant the initial attack on blue liquid :)
this:
You know this is one of Hot Toys finest when you see that their final product is WAY better than the stunt suit! (the blue paint--lol)
it was vivid in the movie, too.

ui-4fba0cbd076777.15989386.jpeg

peter_weller_robocop.jpg

i wanted to say that it disappeared in the second movie... but actually the armor stayed intact in that scene, no holes.

tumblr_o3bgj9P2xX1rfe7dzo1_500.jpg

and what i thought to be a black liquid replacement now looks like blood (may be thinned) to me:

robocop-2-pic-1.jpg

Back