Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Don't know about you guys but getting these today were Grail figures for me. Takes me right back to 1987 when I was 7-years-old. Paint apps and sculpts are some of HT's best. I will cherish these forever. Talk about memorializing one of best classics ever. [emoji106][emoji851][emoji327][emoji482]
deba7bad04ebeccdf4c1bb557c5ec76d.jpg
0d202fe07a3c1065b68f108365e1599d.jpg
9ac86884c9dfb476c738ff50c881fbc8.jpg
33465e3f7870ddee3ef9f430d341b3bb.jpg
072668acbc0b03cd9f49b109c2c8bc3c.jpg
900d1f5e45fa728ed6d78ef84182fc98.jpg
fb5782323cfcdd43e8e6fd2a388560c2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great pics...i was 7 too when robocop came out in 1987. Not that i remember much about the actual film when it came out. It wasn't until years later i released what a gem of a film it was.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Yeah such a good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never talk about this figure really. And it's precisely because it's so good, I really have no problems with it beyond Murphy's crappy trigger hands. The more perfect a figure is the less attention I give it on the forum. :lol

I never used a hairdryer. The thumb position is super important for a convincing pose, I've found.

Nice pics, IAT. :duff HT still has the power to deliver a positive surprise every now and then.

Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Nice pics, IAT. :duff HT still has the power to deliver a positive surprise every now and then.

They definitely do. And this is one of the most sought after combos for me. All I need now is a HT Ghostbusters run. :)

Finished my new set up finally.

05052016_01.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

05052016_07.jpg

Made 2 blocks of steel outta german putty stuff, little mixture of brown, red and copper for that steel feel and just a tad rust, not much, nothing fancy. My girlfriend hates it, but I wanted it to have that crude feel and it has.
Check my collection thread for more.
:wave

Excellent set-up Timo. Love the choice of scene for BD Robocop.

Thx, A-Dev.
How you 'doin, buddy?
Long time no speak.
Turned your back on the whole facebook stuff, I presume?

Last edited:

I know, it's been awhile. I still lurk on facebook but don't post or even 'like' anything these days. I prefer the anonymity of SSF.

By the way

:lol

View attachment 262834

View attachment 262832

View attachment 262833

Made 2 blocks of steel outta german putty stuff, little mixture of brown, red and copper for that steel feel and just a tad rust, not much, nothing fancy. My girlfriend hates it, but I wanted it to have that crude feel and it has.
beautiful setup, light, poses choice.

I know, it's been awhile. I still lurk on facebook but don't post or even 'like' anything these days. I prefer the anonymity of SSF.

By the way

Edited. :lol
Yup, anonymity is a blessing. But it's all in the rights you give fb. :wink1:

beautiful setup, light, poses choice.

Thx, P.
Coming from you, that's a real compliment.
:)

Edited. :lol
Yup, anonymity is a blessing. But it's all in the rights you give fb. :wink1:

I was only joking there, wasn't pissed at you or anything. I simply will take any and all opportunities to make some sort of movie reference.

View attachment 262834

View attachment 262832

View attachment 262833

Very nicely done, buddy. :duff Great job on giving Murphy that metal mirror. And I love how they managed to get the "I'd buy that for a dollar!" guy onto that poster. :lol

I was only joking there, wasn't pissed at you or anything. I simply will take any and all opportunities to make some sort of movie reference.

No offense taken there. All good, dude. :wink1:
But from which movie was that?

Very nicely done, buddy. :duff Great job on giving Murphy that metal mirror. And I love how they managed to get the "I'd buy that for a dollar!" guy onto that poster. :lol

Thx, buddy :duff.
Figured if I do that scene I'm gonna do it as good as I can.
He can't touch his face, but let's pretend that's the moment directly where he grabbed the piece from Lewis, shall we?
:wink1:

Back