1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just a thought, if anyone has the clean version on order as well don't forget that comes with a top half of a BD helmet.

Yeah I'm not expecting it will; Hot Toys intentionally designed this figure to be a secondary purchase.
As I said in here earlier though, it makes perfect sense. It's like the Terminator threads where folks wanted the Tech Noir Arnold to have a million pieces to replicate every scene in T1 - where ultimately, it would've compromised the figure to it's detriment. So too with this guy. Specific releases for focused portions of the film.

Exclusive sound clips:

"Rooking for me?"

And "****, you're fired!" "Domo arigato."

Please, don't damn this great piece with that garbage. :lol

Good call! :duff

Take the extra BD mask from the first Robo and put it on this one and you have a nice "police firing squad" version.
:nono Yuk - see my first post.

HT's reached the pinnacle with this figure -- from sculpt to paint, I can't find any flaws.

Why was I not born rich? :gah:

pissed from the whole ED 209 rubber deteriotation and hot toys has.....................totally redeemed themselves

anyone going to boycot by not buying this fig? :D

Wow, Hot Toys is going all out with all these announcements. I was planning to just get the clean Robocop, but now I have to add this guy as well. Add to that the Back to the Future and Batman Returns, I should be set with pre orders till next year:)

10293837_587846824669599_415917651161328336_o.jpg
those square holes in the skin made for cable sockets. body horror. not noticeable in movies, but with this figure it will be always visible. niiiice.

Kane%204.jpg

p.s. the collar zone of chest armor should be very different.

RoboCop-Alex-Murphy-Unhelmeted.jpg

As I said in here earlier though, it makes perfect sense. It's like the Terminator threads where folks wanted the Tech Noir Arnold to have a million pieces to replicate every scene in T1 - where ultimately, it would've compromised the figure to it's detriment. So too with this guy. Specific releases for focused portions of the film.
For sure! I think it makes perfect sense and is completely justified in being it's own figure. But if they'd included a second head with helmet, I'd probably settle on just having this "beat-to-****" Robocop and pass on the other ;)

Why has nobody anywhere that I've seen posted a single shot of this figure from the back? I want to see the back of his head.

For sure! I think it makes perfect sense and is completely justified in being it's own figure. But if they'd included a second head with helmet, I'd probably settle on just having this "beat-to-****" Robocop and pass on the other ;)
The first release has the damaged panels & helmet as well, so.. isn't that what you're possibly buying anyway?

The headsculpt is brilliant, I can't express that enough.

There's just something so sad about that human face plastered onto a lifeless cybernetic head and the Weller sculpt really expresses that. Can I say this is the best likeness and headsculpt that's ever been done in this scale, or would that be hyperbole?

Reactions: P.
As old as this movie is Murphy’s face design and application is amazing. I watched it again a few months back and even my wife was amazed. The first thing that draws me to Hot Toys is the head sculpts (The realism). Ofcoarse the mask version is iconic but for me BD will bring more POW to your display. Family and friends will look at the head sculpt and say the same thing my wife said watching the film…..WOW!!!

Ofcoarse a BD helmet on the side of my display would be even better!!

Is it safe to say that with the amount of detail on the suit that this one will be plastic and not diecast?

While I think the clean robo is the iconic look, the fact a company finally has the Weller likeness is swaying me towards this one and plastic would seal the deal

I didn't order Robo or ED. Just couldn't justify the cost, and stuff like voice features and die-cast weren't exactly selling points for me.

But this......this is a freaking work of art.

I don't know if I can resist this. I want to own this. I want this beauty to be a part of my display. It's about as breathtaking as the Keaton Batman was when that was first revealed. WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back