Hot Toys Ripley

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also think the likeness is strong as is, paintjob aside.
Anyone happen to have a link to Les the figuremaster's repaint? I can't seem to find any pics.

Last edited:
I also think the likeness is strong as is, just needs some paint.
Anyone happen to have a link to Les the figuremaster's repaint? I can't seem to find any pics.

Here's one, Bro. :D Painted by Les, of course.

aec6.jpg

I painted my ripley's hair by using some black acrylic paint mixed 30% paint to 70% water to start. Just simply brushed it overtop and then did a second coat. This left some slight brown hints here and there and made it seem more natural. Also let me have the option of bailing out or cleaning a mistake quickly before it dried.

D

Hey guys.
Okay, so I bought some heavy body black and brown liquitex acrylic paint today. I've been testing out thickness, mixing with water, blending, and such on spare plastic parts. The paint dries quickly and looks nice, however it's hardly permanent. Even after hours, I merely drag my nail over it lightly, and the paint lifts right away.
Do I need a type of finish or sealing coat? I want to be sure before I go and F up my Ripley.:crying

Thanks fellas.

Well, I went ahead anyway. I decided to go for the eyes first.
Big improvement from the distracting baby blue, I feel. Now I'm just worried about that paint holding up. Going to wait on darkening the hair for now.
This was nerve-racking enough for the day.

102_2245.jpg

After spending over two hundred dollars and my entire day buying parts and making calls and stops to fix my girlfriend's crappy car, I went home to relax. This didn't happen. Instead, as soon as I pulled up to my house, I was stung in the neck by a wasp that had flown into my truck. I then got a little sick and down.
To take my mind off what a great day I was having, I broke down and finally painted her up. I'm pretty much done, I think. What you guys think?

HotToysRipleyREPAINTStage2.jpg

HotToysRipleyREPAINTStage22.jpg

The dark hair came out great. Too bad the sculpt looks more like Frau Farbissina from Austin Powers than Sigourney Weaver:

frau.jpg

Thanks re: the hair.
Going to have to respectfully disagree about the sculpt, though. It's a little off, but overall I'm happy with it.
I see Ripley on my shelf now. That's what counts in my eyes.

Great job Wayne. Massive props just to have the balls to mess with such a hard to acquire figure. Now if someone could convince Les or someone resculpt a new angry Ripley head for the power loader...ooooohhhhh. The thought give me chills. And I don't even own any of the HT alien series.

I know...I don't belong here. :D

But fantastic work Wayne.

After spending over two hundred dollars and my entire day buying parts and making calls and stops to fix my girlfriend's crappy car, I went home to relax. This didn't happen. Instead, as soon as I pulled up to my house, I was stung in the neck by a wasp that had flown into my truck. I then got a little sick and down.
To take my mind off what a great day I was having, I broke down and finally painted her up. I'm pretty much done, I think. What you guys think?

sorry to hear about all your troubles...

your head paint looks fantastic though. nice job!

How did you do it? I mean on the places where the hair meets the forehead you must be careful not to accidentally paint the skin, what did you used?

Back