Hot Toys Resident Evil 5 Jill Valentine!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My theory is that HT chose Hayashi because he is a Japanese sculptor and they are known to be very good at female sculpts, given how popular anime statuettes are. But Hayashi can't cut it. Pass it to someone else.

Hiroki Hayashi-san sculpts (previous works) are more for realism/realistic females than anime.... I believe he did 4 females for HT... Sheva, Jill, Siken Floss-S.Jo, Chacha Asai, not the best sculpts... but not the worst as well..

Yulli did Machiko, BW, Elizabeth Swan, Deunan, Sarah Connor ... probably the female ERT

+1..

We've only seen 2 or 3 works from Hiroki Hayashi... but he's definitely in a much lower level than the rest of the HT sculptors crew.

Even Kim Jung Mi did a very superior job with Wesker and Chris headsculpts

To be honest, I do not want more sculps from this guy :(

In all fairness Leon didn't have the greatest head sculpt either. They might have nailed the hairstyle but the face itself was just as inaccurate as Jill and Sheva. Even Krauser who did have a good head sculpt could've been done better with more detailed paint aps.

I really hate to sound negative here because all the figures in the RE line have been great so far, but to me the only ones that look like they've stepped straight out of the video game are Chris and Wesker.

I hope they don't give any more characters for Hiroki Hayashi to sculpt. Don't want to be rude, but after seeing his Sheva and Jill, I have no faith in this guy. HT should've just given the reigns over to So Young Lee (Abigail Whistler sculptor) or Yulli, who recently did Black Widow. Say what you want about BW's rather distant expression, but one look at the figure and you know who it's supposed to be.

My theory is that HT chose Hayashi because he is a Japanese sculptor and they are known to be very good at female sculpts, given how popular anime statuettes are. But Hayashi can't cut it. Pass it to someone else.

I am not sure about that. Put BW head on a random ass body and it doesn't like very much like her.

^^Four female heads from Hayashi-san for HT

Ok bandito 4 heads :lol:rotfl:rotfl...But I do not like any of his four sculpts..his only decent (but not much) work for me, would be Chacha Asai, because silken floss looks pretty generic too

Anyways, I would prefer to any other HT sculptor rather than Hayashi-san..:gah:

Krauser, Wesker and Chris all great sculpts so Jill is done by some one different? Is Leon the same Sculpter as Jill then?

Not necessarily

Leon and Krauser were released in 2007, but by that time, the "artist" crew did not appear in the SPECS that Hottoys published.

In 2007, Hottoys was,nt a company as large as now, and most of the renowned sculptors were incorporated later

Edit: Of course, different sculptors:
Chris Redfield and Wesker headsculpts were done by Kim Jung Mi +
Jill Valantine and Sheva Alomar headsculpts by Hiroki Hayashi -

Last edited:
I won't know until I get her in my hands but I am liking the hs on Jill. It's not Julie Voth, sure, but I like the way she looks, and I'm gonna try and work that hs into my Jill RE1 custom and use the body as well.

I can not wait to get mine!:gah:

My Jill valantine was shipped from HK yesterday,by Hong kong priority mail (Not EMS Speedpost).. so it probably arrives at the end of this week or... maybe early next week.

I can not wait anymore!! :gah::gah:

I hope they don't give any more characters for Hiroki Hayashi to sculpt. Don't want to be rude, but after seeing his Sheva and Jill, I have no faith in this guy. HT should've just given the reigns over to So Young Lee (Abigail Whistler sculptor) or Yulli, who recently did Black Widow. Say what you want about BW's rather distant expression, but one look at the figure and you know who it's supposed to be.

Poor Hayashi-san. Actually the inaccurate sculpt may have been saved by a better paint job. Who painted Jill?

Black Widow's resemblence to Scarlet johansen isn't as good as it could be though, and the expression she has on looks like she's a zombie.

Jill you can cut some slack since the model didn't allow the rights to her face and that this is a videogame character not based on anyone in particular anymore.

Agreed Plasmid. The sculpt itself looks good a generic female but the likeness could and should have been so much better. Same goes for Sheva.

I agree with the two of you. Not much more I can add.

For what it's worth, I think Jill turned out better than Sheva. +1 point for Hayashi-sensei.

Hiroki Hayashi-san sculpts (previous works) are more for realism/realistic females than anime.... I believe he did 4 females for HT... Sheva, Jill, Siken Floss-S.Jo, Chacha Asai, not the best sculpts... but not the worst as well..

Yulli did Machiko, BW, Elizabeth Swan, Deunan, Sarah Connor ... probably the female ERT

I'll admit, his Chacha Asai sculpt was quite good, in my opinion. Another +1 point for Hayashi-sensei.

I can not wait to get mine!:gah:

I can not wait to see your photos!

Poor Hayashi-san. Actually the inaccurate sculpt may have been saved by a better paint job. Who painted Jill?

J.C. Hong did the paint application for the protoype, and he's most likely supervising the paint process for the factory paint jobs. I dunno, I think they did the best they could with the sculpt provided.

Jill you can cut some slack since the model didn't allow the rights to her face and that this is a videogame character not based on anyone in particular anymore.

Really? :( Maybe Voth's modeling contract is limited only to TV, written ads, and RE game.

Back