Hot Toys- RE5 Jill Valentine (battle suit) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marc at AE told me SS may be experimenting with Jill on shipping. I DO NOT like this as it comes bare in the shipper when AE used to put it in another box with huge packing to prevent any damage...not good.

Sideshow also did this when I bought the Hot Toys Assassin's Creed 2 figure from them last year. They just carelessly placed the figure box inside of the thin, Hot Toys packing box, and shipped it with UPS. When it was delivered to my house, the packing box was pretty banged up, and because it was so thin and flimsy, all of the damage on it transferred to the figure box, and there were noticeable scuffs and scrapes everywhere. The beautiful artwork on the Hot Toys figure box was completely tarnished (simply put: it looked like it went through hell).

Needless to say, I was really pissed off. Packing boxes are NOT shipping boxes! Packing boxes have to be placed inside of larger boxes with adequate padding (bubble plastic, Styrofoam, etc.) to prevent damage. I honestly don't know how Sideshow doesn't understand this.

I would have sworn off from buying anything else from Sideshow Collectibles, but their Flexpay option on "Battle suit Jill" was just too tempting for me to pass up. We'll see if I made the right decision when my figure arrives on Friday. Crossing my fingers and praying at the moment... :lol.

IMG01596-20110601-1625.jpg

IMG01600-20110601-1630.jpg

Not the greatest pic quality, but anyway here she is.

From my understanding sideshow always ships directly in its shipper, it's the buyer's duty to call them and ask them for a "packout" which costs $10 more to have your figure double boxed essentially.

Interesting. I got mine no problems at all, loving the figure although I wish she had a huge range of articulation so I could pose her in an MvC3 pose!

Anyways a quick pic, I need to take more later!

247958_10150627291885508_747120507_19119241_3838962_n.jpg

From my understanding sideshow always ships directly in its shipper, it's the buyer's duty to call them and ask them for a "packout" which costs $10 more to have your figure double boxed essentially.

They should have made this information available on their checkout pages. But, still, $10 in addition to the $13 that has to be paid with UPS - that's just way too expensive, especially for just a double box.

On another note, I just did a thread search on this forum, and it appears as if Sideshow has been using their "shipper" box method for years, despite complaints:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4364

Kinda sucks.

Interesting. I got mine no problems at all, loving the figure although I wish she had a huge range of articulation so I could pose her in an MvC3 pose!

Anyways a quick pic, I need to take more later!

Oh yeah! We need more pics. I was kinda worried about the stretchability of the suit, so I was handling the figure with kid's gloves. Don't want to break a seam or anything :lol

Incidentally, does anyone know how to take care of the suit? I think it's made with some kind of leatherette material, and I JUST know that it's either gonna get moldy or dry out and crack.

Or, you can place the figure in an air-tight display case. Rubber does tend to degrade over time, and I think exposure to oxygen and dust are some of the biggest concerns.

woo hoo picked up mine yesterday just took a few quick pics of the process of separating the shipping box from the main box

then I took a few pics of the main box and brought out my unopened midnight wesker and did some side by side shots while watching the NBA finals game 2

The people that posted pics with the figures inside a glass display case have you encountered this annoying rattle because of the glass floor for a particular level is not sitting flush with the rest of the corners. If you were to lay a glass panel on a level you look at each of the four corners that makes contact with the clear rubber plastic mounts I have one corner that's not resting on that clear plastic mount there's a gap I can push my finger down on that corner it would tilt down and pop back up when I let go. It's annoying when I walk near by the case you can hear it rattle/vibrate.

I might have to just stuff something in there to make the gap go away but hopefully it won't stick out like a sore thumb.

woo hoo picked up mine yesterday just took a few quick pics of the process of separating the shipping box from the main box

then I took a few pics of the main box and brought out my unopened midnight wesker and did some side by side shots while watching the NBA finals game 2

The people that posted pics with the figures inside a glass display case have you encountered this annoying rattle because of the glass floor for a particular level is not sitting flush with the rest of the corners. If you were to lay a glass panel on a level you look at each of the four corners that makes contact with the clear rubber plastic mounts I have one corner that's not resting on that clear plastic mount there's a gap I can push my finger down on that corner it would tilt down and pop back up when I let go. It's annoying when I walk near by the case you can hear it rattle/vibrate.

I might have to just stuff something in there to make the gap go away but hopefully it won't stick out like a sore thumb.

Well, you can try to fill in the gap on the corner, by placing some small pieces of paper or clear plastic underneath. I think that might solve your problem :dunno.

Back