1/6 Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive) CONFIRMED FAKE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Confirmed: Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Toy Fair is basically their way of saying "Comic-Con/Ani-Com," and both of those are around July.

Toys Fair is referring to a convention I believe.

Oh so not that far away! Holy **** the hero is Lone Ranger. It just hit me as I was deciding to spend the money I had for those two on the two villains.

Somebody brought up a very good point in the other thread... It is currently April 1st in China. :)

I wouldn't take anything from that interview as solid just yet.

Sallah

Just says from the Dark Knight. Prolly another unneeded Joker doll or something lame like Joker Semi Truck Driver.

Somebody brought up a very good point in the other thread... It is currently April 1st in China. :)

I wouldn't take anything from that interview as solid just yet.

Sallah

Right, it is currently April 1st in Asia, but this interview occurred on March 31st, or earlier. That said, Howard has mentioned things in interviews before that haven't come to fruition for whatever reason, but I doubt he's purposely trolling for the sake of a prank.

I believe it is happening, but of course I will be more confident once we see official specs and pics + a pre-order link. Not even backstage prototype pics are "official" enough to guarantee an imminent release (Arkham City Batman; Batsignal; TDKR armory)...an interview is even less of a confirmation than that.

Right, it is currently April 1st in Asia, but this interview occurred on March 31st, or earlier. That said, Howard has mentioned things in interviews before that haven't come to fruition for whatever reason, but I doubt he's purposely trolling for the sake of a prank.

I believe it is happening, but of course I will be more confident once we see official specs and pics + a pre-order link. Not even backstage prototype pics are "official" enough to guarantee an imminent release (Arkham City Batman; Batsignal; TDKR armory)...an interview is even less of a confirmation than that.

Well, I am not saying Howard is pulling the prank... I was thinking more OSR was and they started it a smidge early to throw folks off. Who knows...

I just wouldn't treat anything this close to April Fool's as gospel just yet.

Sallah

Right, I considered that too, but OSR would be taking quite a risk with their relationship with Howard if they attributed words to him that he didn't say just to play a joke. I'd reconsider granting them interviews in the future after something like that if it was me.

Right, I considered that too, but OSR would be taking quite a risk with their relationship with Howard if they attributed words to him that he didn't say just to play a joke. I'd reconsider granting them interviews in the future after something like that if it was me.

Very true... But this wouldn't be the first time that I've seen a high-profile page post a fake interview on April 1st. I am just saying it isn't an unheard of practice, and maybe saying it is confirmed just based on this interview might be a bit premature...

Sallah

I mean seriously nothing says anything about Ra's al Ghul

Howard
"... Probably two vilians (one is from the Dark Knight) ..."
Question #7
"... Also, why HT doesn't want to do Ra's al Ghul despite the popular demand?"
Howard
"... I think it's already answered (...*cough*)"

:dunno imo it's obvious as can be but I respect other opinions. Like BadMuthaDude said, unless there has been some very poor translation I think it can count as confirmed.
But I don't wanna be the one to blame if for any reason it doesn't happen so I just changed the title to Confirmed? :lol

Last edited:

Howard
"... Probably two villians (one is from the Dark Knight) ..."
Question #7
"... Also, why HT doesn't want to do Ra's al Ghul despite the popular demand?"
Howard
"... I think it's already answered (...*cough*)"

:dunno imo it's obvious as can be but I respect other opinions. Like BadMuthaDude said, unless there has been some very poor translation I think it can count as confirmed.
But I don't wanna be the one to blame if for any reason it doesn't happen so I just changed the title to Confirmed? :lol

Haha.. cable news style. You can say whatever you want in a headline, as long as you put a question mark at the end. :lol

Understand the April 1st concerns but as DarkMagic said, don't think OSR would do this in such a context, especially looking at other points in the inerview mentioning delays of others releases and licenses, much to deep, doesn't look like April fools to me.

Haha.. cable news style. You can say whatever you want in a headline, as long as you put a question mark at the end. :lol

Got me! :lol

Last edited:
Re: Confirmed? Hot Toys - Ra's al Ghul (2014 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Howard wouldn't be that colorful in his questions, certainly no expressions like *cough*. It's a joke, lock em up.

Howard wouldn't be that colorful in his questions, certainly no expressions like *cough*. It's a joke, lock em up.

That indeed is a good argument, compared it with other interviews and he usually is more reserved, though in one OSR interview last year he said "Ras Al Ghul not yet confirmed but many messaged us about it. ..." so it would make sense to release it even more.

Source: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?131987

But again, what makes me think the interview is valid are the other comments about license issues and things like that. OSR wouldn't go that far, that would be risky, unless the interview isn't really from OSR.

Last edited:

Totally got me, if that's the case. Do they even celebrate April Fool's over there?

Someone mentioned it was an interview from February or a while back during a convention. Is there any truth to that? When was this interview?

Totally got me, if that's the case. Do they even celebrate April Fool's over there?

Someone mentioned it was an interview from February or a while back during a convention. Is there any truth to that? When was this interview?

10013352_10151953824202344_308028001_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/hottoys

That indeed is a good argument, compared it with other interviews and he usually is more reserved, though in one OSR interview last year he said "Ras Al Ghul not yet confirmed but many messaged us about it. ..." so it would make sense to release it even more.

But again, what makes me think the interview is valid are the other comments about license issues and things like that. OSR wouldn't go that far, that would be risky, unless the interview isn't really from OSR.

The English translation seems too good to me to be legit. Usually on Howard's end, the "engrish" is horrible. Last QnA from OSR had him saying tons of weird things like, "deployment imminent" for product and the usual grammar we've come to know and love. This article? Nah.

Hence why he could have stepped up his game

Sent from Le iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

The English translation seems too good to me to be legit. Usually on Howard's end, the "engrish" is horrible. Last QnA from OSR had him saying tons of weird things like, "deployment imminent" for product and the usual grammar we've come to know and love. This article? Nah.

Just pm'ed BB&WSF trying to find out if it was originally posted on OSR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back