Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok thanks for your input. I think I’ll stick with KG.

I used xl-shop once. Both response and shipping were quick.
But the brown shipper looked like it was shredded and taped together again. Really weird.
While the figure itself was fine, I would also recommend sticking with KG.

Yeah, I think I'll wait a little longer to see if they do a Standard R2. I know they typically release both Deluxe and Standard figures together, but they could do a Standard R2 with C3PO as a double pack to reduce the total cost. And then release the Standard R2 at that point when most have committed to the Deluxe?? Not nice I know.

I don't need all the doo-dads and sounds, so without all that for $205 or so sounds reasonable to me. Wait and see.
I don’t see that happening. You want a standard Hot Toys R2 go for the version from The Force Awakens.

7007fd2cc0803c882b683792f48fe63e.jpg

What’s the point of posting the Tamashi here?? If you like it just post over there..on the Tamashi thread.

I picked up the Tamashii R2 and part of the appeal is that it 'matches' Tamashii 3PO. In that respect I'm happy with it.

Looking at the pics though, HT have done a better job. Tamashii's panel notches were a stupid decision, the prominent rivets unnecessary and the glossy plastic dome disappointing.

I saw both the TFA R2 and the Tamashi R2 in person at last year's SW celebration. The guys at the bandai booth even let me hold him. The HT looked far better to me. Funny thing was the Tamashi looked more plasticky than the HT, even though the body was metal. Probably because of the ultra clean bright white they chose over a weathered paint job.

I'm really looking forward to this little guy. I was tempted to get the TFA, but new better to wait for something like this. Plus I never liked the weathering on the HT TFA dome. To me it looks more like rusting than dirt and wear.

I bought the HT TFA and have already ordered this one. I also already have 2 of the Sideshow because I bought a second on sale for around a hundred bucks. I suppose one of the Sideshows can sport the drink tray and I now intend to eventually try to customize the other into dirty dagobah R2(see Craig Walker's custom thread for inspiration)

That's what I'm gonna do. Probably not worth selling my SS R2, so I'll put the drink tray on him, which otherwise most likely would've never left the box.

Can't wait to pre-order this locally, but Popcultcha seems to be holding out on listing it... maybe they want to clear their inventory of HT Force Awakens R2s first :lol
I'll give them another week then I'm off to the competition.

Yes they seem to slacking off with the Hot Toys stuff of late - I have been waiting for him to go up as well. They still don't have the standard Boba Fett in stock despite other Aus stores having him for example.

Seems they are too busy struggling with getting their Pop Vinyl orders out to look out for their other lines.

Yes they seem to slacking off with the Hot Toys stuff of late - I have been waiting for him to go up as well. They still don't have the standard Boba Fett in stock despite other Aus stores having him for example.

Seems they are too busy struggling with getting their Pop Vinyl orders out to look out for their other lines.

Agree they have been slack lately. I emailed them three weeks ago about a damaged HT figure and they still haven’t responded.

Back