Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to invent something 'virtual' that they can collect. Like... Hokeymon. Something endless and intangible... that streams only at certain times of the month... build hype... then release the 2.0 six months later.

Someone beat you to it. It's called Fortnite.

Two cylindirical tubes on the sides of front leg were missing in proto pics. However, showcased figüre at SDCC had these tubes, so it seems like HT corrected that issue.

When this was announced I thought it would release earlier than expected because it's mostly already been made. I never would have guessed Maul DX would be the figure released several months early.

Yeah, I would think it should be on track to meet its estimated release. Aside from some of the tools everything else is basically a reuse from the TFA version. Some different paint and weathering and should be good to go.

That’s why I always make my own in just such instances.
f2c12e2d61330030bbcf256f70b8f8a1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those are nice!! Where do you get the plaques made?

Message Evilface on here. He makes all kinds of decals from name plates to base stickers and all kids of custom decals. I think he has a thread on here as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish they did the same thing with the OT royal guards etc. I would’ve been very tempted.

Perhaps it’s just our geneartion that’s still in love with something physical and something we could hold in our hands. While the newer gadget and technology oriented generation prefer online games and collecting virtual stuffs.

Nah I was born in 89 and still both want and need physical items. Many of my friends are the same way but I will say the majority of society as a whole is moving farther from physical each day.

I just had my final payment pushed back from August 10th to September 10th. Anyone else?

Man, I'm crossing my fingers that the dome on the final figure is much closer to the proto pics, and not as dark and reflective as what's appeared at the cons so far...

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-Star-Wars-010.jpg

Hot-Toys-R2-D2-Deluxe-003.jpg

I hope when he's released that we finally get a preview of OT Threepio to join him.... that we'll receive in two years time. Imagine that: the next SW trilogy will nearly be starting.

Man, I'm crossing my fingers that the dome on the final figure is much closer to the proto pics, and not as dark and reflective as what's appeared at the cons so far...

Might be the black cloth on the display reflecting in the dome.

Back