Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arriving at Bespin with Luke....

HT-R2D2-010.jpg

My r2 just arrived from popcultcha after only a few weeks unexpectedly. The tracking still says awaiting departure.
Now I feel like an idiot for buying a 2nd r2. Do I really need 2? It is a magnificent figure and I got it for $250 shipped. Decisions on whether to just sell it.

My r2 just arrived from popcultcha after only a few weeks unexpectedly. The tracking still says awaiting departure.
Now I feel like an idiot for buying a 2nd r2. Do I really need 2? It is a magnificent figure and I got it for $250 shipped. Decisions on whether to just sell it.

As someone who wrestled with where to put my r2 in my display for a bit I would keep it honestly. If you change your mind later down the line, its guaranteed to go up in price. Win win imho.

I’m kind of kicking myself for not jumping on this. I was holding out for a two pack with C3PO... Now I’m on the waitlist....

Similar thing happened with me. I now have 3. (Which I still can't believe). HT deluxe with C3PO. HT Ep7 with X-Wing Luke and SS version possibly with Anakin or with Jawas. Plenty of places to put him !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any recommendations on where I can still pick this little droid up at retail? Does anyone here want to sell me one of their extra R2 units? (PM me)

Saw this figure for the first time at my local collectables store. Figure looks really good but to be honest $350 almost $400 is way too much. I felt nothing in regards to wanting to own and be part of my collection

Saw this figure for the first time at my local collectables store. Figure looks really good but to be honest $350 almost $400 is way too much. I felt nothing in regards to wanting to own and be part of my collection

It is overpriced but there will never be a better looking or feature pack version of R2 ever made again so the price becomes a little easier to overlook in that regards.

This guy is going to be worth a crazy amount in years to come.

I finally got in this version of r2. I was really close to picking up the Tamashii version instead and if i were rich i'd get both...but alas i'm not:)

I still think that the Tamashii r2 is a more faithful and accurate representation and if they only had made the dome metal there was no contest.

The metal dome really pushes this to the next level and makes it look like a scaled down version of the movie prop.

I'll probably never use the little arm appendages but they're all beautifully rendered and easy to attach...sounds too work great!

My only nitpicks are that like SS they really screwed up the mechanism and positioning of the middle leg and the light sequence could have been wired better.

But this shiny metal domed r2 looks glorious next to his shiny metal counterpart :)

DSC_0014 (3).JPG

[...]

I still think that the Tamashii r2 is a more faithful and accurate representation and if they only had made the dome metal there was no contest.

[...]

Looks great! I agree...I had the Tama R2 and it was almost perfect except for that dome. I also didn't like the slots for opening the panels -- the rivets were fine. I would never have sold it if it weren't for the dome.

Nice pic, Matrix - the other issue for me is the ratcheted leg joints. I find that you can't finesse the three legged pose due to there really only being a couple of "popped into place" positions. It's less of an issue in two leg mode (it has a slight amount of wiggle to get him looking just right) but I would have preferred a smooth leg movement.

Still looking for this if someone wants to sell an R2 to a fellow freak for a decent price.

Got my R2 in today! I absolutely love him, but I noticed a couple of the panels don't shut all the way. It's not too noticeable unless you look closely, but I find it a bit annoying. It's mostly the long white one on his right side and the blue one on the side of his dome. Also, I can't get the blue panel to pop out that's supposed to allow for the lightsaber to be inserted. Anyone else have these issues with theirs?

Back