Hot Toys R2-D2 Deluxe Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever wonder when the point will be that a large majority of collectors fold? We’ve seen HT Stormtrooper 199.00 to R2 - 243.00 over a very short time.
Just wondering if anyone is like me- no matter how much you love it, you get frustrated with the game as say screw you.

The Oz dollar is now buying just 70 US cents and our government has recently slapped a 10% tax on imports - that'll take this to over 400 bucks. Ain't nobody got time for that.

If I do get this it will be through PopCultcha(provided they stock it)...this will be $350AU at Sideshow before tax and shipping which will push the total well into the $400's($440AU)

Just about time to pull the plug on 12" collecting...

...thankfully I have Sideshow's R2(which I am happy with)

Ever wonder when the point will be that a large majority of collectors fold? We’ve seen HT Stormtrooper 199.00 to R2 - 243.00 over a very short time.
Just wondering if anyone is like me- no matter how much you love it, you get frustrated with the game as say screw you.

The other issue is that the "new era" of SW collecting - the HT era (and I include the later more realsitic SSC sculpts in that, figs like SSC Lando and Piett) - has been around now for approaching ten years. I've now got "for the ages" versions of about 80% of what I want, and I'm making the (more obscure) rest.

Is HT R2 THAT much better than the SSC one? The metal dome is nice, but after a wash of rubbing alcohol, the SSC looks about 80-90% metal.

Honestly, I'm just not seeing the major leaps forward between older and new versions as much anymore - and that's what makes you buy. This R2's a good example of that. You still see it - the HT ESB Fett was that to me vs the SSC ESB Fett, but it's happening less and less.

The Oz dollar is now buying just 70 US cents and our government has recently slapped a 10% tax on imports - that'll take this to over 400 bucks. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Eh, just let China buy all the infrastructure and I'm sure everything will work out fine.:dunno

At this point it seems worth it, to me anyway, to just wait for the aftermarket prices to fall and get something like this for under retail. $250 for this is absolutely not worth it to me, no matter how cool I think it is. It may take a couple of years, but I'm patient.

I agree the price is high but i don't have an R2 anymore so i'm going to buy...

Hopefully this means that there are more OT Hot Toys figures to come :)

I think this a “meh” release because it’s another redo. I have the ss r2 and it’s fine. I know there are issues but it looks good on the shelf. Do I need another $250 r2?
Just like another Vader and boba. I wish we were getting what we all want (bespin Han, lando, Death Star trooper) and new characters like ponda baba or a hoth rebel.
I will get this so I can make my ss r2 a dagobah or Jabba r2, but it isn’t essential.

So is this the hot toys Star Wars release for November? We seem to only get one a month.

Gonna pass on this. I got the Force Awakens R2 when it was first released and am happy with it. I don't think it's worth the cost difference to sell the old R2 and order the new one.

I am however eagerly awaiting the eventual Hot Toys C3PO.

Gonna pass on this. I got the Force Awakens R2 when it was first released and am happy with it. I don't think it's worth the cost difference to sell the old R2 and order the new one.

I am however eagerly awaiting the eventual Hot Toys C3PO.

I feel exactly the same way. The Force Awakens R2D2 is nice and I can't wait for the C3PO.

This Deluxe version is great if you want to display him with his accessories. But that is not the look I prefer. If I had waited for this release to be my one and only R2, then I would have been very happy with it but I would have never used any of the accessories in my display.

The only complaint I have about my force awakens R2 is that its batteries died very quickly and now the light up and sound features do not work. I was surprised by the short battery life and still haven't purchased replacement batteries. So its possible that it might not be the batteries...the figure might be defective. Don't know.

LOL, I bought the SSC Deluxe R2, the HT TFA R2, because it looked that much nicer than SSC's ... and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna buy this one too, cuz it just looks too damn good.

At least I'll still have that SSC serving tray. Hopefully it fits on the HT.

The good thing with R2 is that he lends himself to multiple displays. I’m thinking one will sit with Luke and Yoda for a Dagobah display, and the other will sit with 3PO.

I may get him eventually. I can snag a coupon on ebay.

p.s. Maul and Dooku are on my hit list for now. Bespin Han would be great and that would put me out of the collecting game as money and space is limited.

Characters like Lando, Bespin Leia, all the Lukes and Stormies are nice but seriously, I cant swing that.

Looks like R2 is freaking out by watching Rose take out someone she loves. R2 is awesome and I will have to get him. I hope to see C3PO up for order soon too. I need my Laurel and Hardy of the star wars saga together on my shelf.

That was quite the reach just to get a dig in for TLJ there!

The little guy looks great!

Ordered. With rewards to knock the price down a hundred bucks. I can stomach that :lol

PO’d, used rewards for a discount. This is the one I’ve been waiting for. Pretty impressive.

R2 is one of those characters that I don't need or want multiples of, and it is also one that will be redone over and over again, so I've been holding out a good long while for that one R2 that I think i'll be completely happy with, or close enough to it, and it looks like this may be that one for me, so I'm pretty happy all in all. So I'll probably use my points to bring the price down a bit, snag this one, and hopefully call it a day on the character.

Back