Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are a classic example of the type of person I was complaining about before. If I was store and you tried to return that to me due to the "issues" you pointed out, I'd laugh in your face and tell you to take your business elsewhere.
There is nothing wrong with your endo. Normal people don't take photoshoots, add grids to the pics, and compare symmetry.
Do you not understand these are mass produced, and each one is made from hundreds of small parts....plus they're made out of plastic, a substance which is capable of warping and expanding/shrinking...add to that the different tolerances between the hundreds of individual parts, and you are left with an item that is never going to be "perfect".
If you try, you're always going to find something that isn't IDEAL.
It's called "reality", deal with it. Good lord, no wonder these collectibles get more expensive every year with all the OCD people returning stuff left and right for absolutely no reason...frankly, I'm shocked sellers/manufacturers even humor such lunacy. I'm quite sure many of the "it was their last one so I can't get a replacement" are just plain old lies from the seller because they don't want you to complain about them to the community, when they refuse to replace something that is not worth replacing.
Call me a **** if you want, I really don't care. If your piece was broken or damaged, I'd be on your side, but the only thing I even saw was a slightly misaligned shoulder flap that 99% of people would never notice...man, that's laughable. I'm pretty sure if you just fiddle with it, you could get it to even out.
When I saw the post with the grid I was thinking pretty much the same thing you just posted but I held off posting. Everyone in the hobby ends up paying for certain people.

You guys with issues about the grid/box/circle or whatever better read the post first before you complain. Again, it was meant to be a guide to the readers eyes on what I was pointing out. It's not an OCD thing like you guys assume off the bat. *sigh*

Anyway, you guys can go ahead on thinking and assuming what you like.

It's just stupid the way you guys think that the reason the price is increasing on these things is because of the defects/returns or the amount of complains people do?! :lol

Sorry guys but didn't start it. You can blame those who love to complain about complainers (even when there is no one complaining). They just love to complain every chance they get.

I'm done explaining so back to talking about this awesome figure. :)

9447205979_afcc2c491c_b.jpg

htqsendo5_zps0e1bc3b8.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry guys but didn't start it. You can blame those who love to complain about complainers (even when there is no one complaining).

Yes I know, I wasn't referring to you!
Whatever someone thinks of complaints, framed pics, reported issues on figs that others don't consider an issue... that still doesn't justify such a rude tone in conversation!

he only sells hot toys and said to me it was his last one in stock and would mail his provider if he could get another one from Hot Toys. second week passed now and still no result. hopefully next weel an answer to solve it.

i bought from this shop because many others (members on a dutch forum i'm active)told me it was a good shop, so that's why.

AND STILL NOTHING FROM THE DOUBTFUL SHOP I SUPPOSE ?:impatient:

Some new shots with the HT 1:4 Endo:

wxp6.jpg

xpsl.jpg

My Terminator setup:

fapr.jpg

I repainted the stupid looking lava black, and now it looks like cracked asphalt (as it should have been in the first place LOL) and weathered the skulls and the base a bit too to make them look more worn and damaged (thus also hiding the minor skulls imperfections as well):

8h9m.jpg

epic collection jkno! Got a question for you. What did you use to do the weathering/paint on your skulls? I have never painted anything before and want to give this a go but have no idea what products I need to buy and what techniques to use.

Wow! I never knew the endo arm was that big! The 1/4 HT endo looks small beside it. Nice Terminator display you got there jkno.

epic collection jkno! Got a question for you. What did you use to do the weathering/paint on your skulls? I have never painted anything before and want to give this a go but have no idea what products I need to buy and what techniques to use.

Thank you. I used a can of black matte spray I also used for my Stormtrooper Sterling blaster. I sprayed on a piece of thick paper (you can use a newspaper, cardboard or a plastic sheet - easier to control paint apps this way), and with a small brush I took some paint from there and I traced the ugly lava grooves with black. Not to worry if you go outside a bit, it will only add to he realism of cracked asphalt more.

To weather the skulls and the rest of the base: with the brush I touched the skulls gently and smudged the light paint there, to make it irregular like in real life dust would be - but only after most of the paint from the brush itself I shaken before on that sheet of thick paper. The base was too clean and just dual colors so a bit of black weathering only added to the overall setup better. For weathering, the brush needs to only have traces of paint on it not too much paint. Hope this helps

Wow! I never knew the endo arm was that big! The 1/4 HT endo looks small beside it. Nice Terminator display you got there jkno.

Thanks. The Endoarm is HUGE indeed.

SST is sending me another right arm for mine that came apart at the forearm. I hate to destroy the defective one though cause there's no breakage but guess I have to.

You guys with issues about the grid/box/circle or whatever better read the post first before you complain. Again, it was meant to be a guide to the readers eyes on what I was pointing out. It's not an OCD thing like you guys assume off the bat. *sigh*

Anyway, you guys can go ahead on thinking and assuming what you like.

It's just stupid the way you guys think that the reason the price is increasing on these things is because of the defects/returns or the amount of complains people do?! :lol

Okay, so you think I overreacted because of the red grid? No. I'm glad you put the red grid on there, it really helped illustrate the fact that there's nothing wrong with your endo's arms. Thanks for that.

You take nice pictures though, I really dig the lighting.

Y'know what's more worse? People who complain about people complaining.

Hahah, not really..because without the initial complainer, there'd be nothing for the anti-complainers to reply to.

I find it odd that people get their panties in a twist when I come down on a complainer...do you guys really ENJOY reading whiny posts where people go on about asinine tiny "issues" that are not even really problems?

Wow, fun thread... I wish we had more comments from people saying their chrome plating has defective little dots/dirt/dust/scratches (I'm referring to the INTENTIONAL splatter effect, that so many clueless folks were upset about)...that's so...umm...amusing? Engaging? Thanks but no thanks. The world's population is getting dumber and more entitled by the minute.

Okay, so you think I overreacted because of the red grid? No. I'm glad you put the red grid on there, it really helped illustrate the fact that there's nothing wrong with your endo's arms. Thanks for that.

You take nice pictures though, I really dig the lighting.

Hmm.. I don't think so. I guess my photo can't / didn't show what I'm seeing in-hand and I'm not trying to convince anyone about the issue I have.

Have you thought about this, maybe what you see as a non-issue might be an issue to another and vice versa? Last time I checked this is a forum where we talk about such things. Negative/Positive and what not.

Btw, thanks for the compliment.

Have you visited the 89Batmobile thread lately? You'd probably cause war in there.

Hahaha no, I'm not much of a lurker. I keep coming back here hoping to hear news of the Enterbay Endo. I'll save my energies for that discussion... :nana:

Ah the Enterbay Endo. I remember when we thought they were gonna do that. How naïve we can be.

SO glad I went ahead kept the p.o. on this one. Still hope EB does one though...eventually. Always interested to see how they'd handle accuracy.

Back