Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can´t stop making pictures.
:lol

It just looks so great.
Posted pics of my setup in my collection thread too...
:rock

I don't know why I'm not taking pics of this masterpiece myself, really digging this pose you did here. I might have to change mine, its getting boring, that's why I couldn't collect statues, one pose just gets boring:monkey3

I gather everything's alright now? You figured out how the articulation works?

Uhmm... nope. Still the same. I'll try to shoot a video of it if I get some free time. I think a video will show the issues much clearer.

That would be a big help. It's either nothing, or you have a major defect related to the shoulder hub assembly.

Decided to get rid of the "Lava" on the base.
Horrible idea, dunno what HT brought to that.

Like I said...Lava away, few more cracks and more dirt to the skulls.
I like it very much, whadda you guys say?

ArnoldThumbsUp.jpg

Decided to get rid of the "Lava" on the base.
Horrible idea, dunno what HT brought to that.

Like I said...Lava away, few more cracks and more dirt to the skulls.

Not sure if its meant to be lava or blood, but yeah, agree, it looks crap. Looks much better without it. I thought about doing the same but I'm really keen on making a custom base altogether. Wanna make something similar to Sideshow's base for their 1:2 scale endoskeleton. Never done something like that before though, so not quite sure how to go about it.

Not sure if its meant to be lava or blood, but yeah, agree, it looks crap. Looks much better without it. I thought about doing the same but I'm really keen on making a custom base altogether. Wanna make something similar to Sideshow's base for their 1:2 scale endoskeleton. Never done something like that before though, so not quite sure how to go about it.

Thought about that too, but other then that the base is fine, if you ask me...but keep us posted on the progress, mate and good luck.

What's in the bowl?

Chocolate-icecream-candles.

Its better without the lava, now it just looks like smashed pavement.

I'm too indifferent about it to bother doing anything with it but power to you.

Its better without the lava, now it just looks like smashed pavement.

I'm too indifferent about it to bother doing anything with it but power to you.

Exactly what I was hoping for, Andrew...thx.
:1-1:

I also had the plan of sculpting a big chunk of earth and skulls, in scale with the terminator´s skull, just setting it on top, as to not having to rip the base to shreds and sculpting it completely new, but I´ll keep it for the time being, cause my man Eisselmann has a new base being sculpted from other peeps right now.

Ok... just checking. :)

No problem, mate.
:wink1:

I just got my HT endo!! Very cool figure, really impressive, heavy and the articulation is great!

My only 2 grips with it:

1. The way you need to turn on the lights - WTF was HT thinking, it's like removing a tooth through your butt
2. The lava on the stand simply sucks, why lava and not wine, Coke, or melting ice cream LOL. So I painted it black but only after taking the initial photos. Thus I'll take some new photos later. I also weathered the skulls a bit more, thus looking better.

px6c.jpg

Sorry, bud.
No pictures atm, he himself is waiting for an update. Will keep you posted...

All good man. Can't wait to see it :) Been thinking about how to go about making a base, but not sure what materials to use. Thinking maybe sculpt something out of plaster. Maybe buy another Hot Toys 1/4 base, remove the top section with the skulls etc...and sculpt over that with plaster, some sand and rock, and use some skulls from Monsters In Motion and then paint it all up.

I wish mines teeth came together like that. There's a bit of a gap where they simply won't close all the way. Those close perfectly.

Don't worry, I think most if not all of these have slight gaps depending on where you look at the teeth. In some pics of my own endo it looks perfect, and in other shots you can see the gap. We all have to deal with :1-1:

Just got mine and noticed 2 issues. :(
Can't return it anymore since the store doesn't have any more stocks left. I can live with the issues though.

i7CYJz3azlMRv.jpg
iHyseSw0Sevli.jpg

You are a classic example of the type of person I was complaining about before. If I was store and you tried to return that to me due to the "issues" you pointed out, I'd laugh in your face and tell you to take your business elsewhere.
There is nothing wrong with your endo. Normal people don't take photoshoots, add grids to the pics, and compare symmetry.
Do you not understand these are mass produced, and each one is made from hundreds of small parts....plus they're made out of plastic, a substance which is capable of warping and expanding/shrinking...add to that the different tolerances between the hundreds of individual parts, and you are left with an item that is never going to be "perfect".
If you try, you're always going to find something that isn't IDEAL.
It's called "reality", deal with it. Good lord, no wonder these collectibles get more expensive every year with all the OCD people returning stuff left and right for absolutely no reason...frankly, I'm shocked sellers/manufacturers even humor such lunacy. I'm quite sure many of the "it was their last one so I can't get a replacement" are just plain old lies from the seller because they don't want you to complain about them to the community, when they refuse to replace something that is not worth replacing.
Call me a **** if you want, I really don't care. If your piece was broken or damaged, I'd be on your side, but the only thing I even saw was a slightly misaligned shoulder flap that 99% of people would never notice...man, that's laughable. I'm pretty sure if you just fiddle with it, you could get it to even out.

Here we go again.. Are you related to Barry Elms in any way?

Did I say I was returning it? I actually said I can live with the issues. Did I say I want a "perfect" figure? NO! I was just pointing out what QC issues I got with my order. The red lines was just placed there just to make it easier to see what I'm pointing out.

Actually, I brought it to the store where I bought it from and they in fact confirmed it was a defect and asked me if I want to return it but I said I'll just keep it instead. In the end, they offered me a little refund so I guess it's a win win for me and the seller.

Anyhow, if you were the one who paid for it and gave it to me for FREE, you won't hear anything and I'll even thank you for it even if the head fell off when it arrived. BUT the thing is, I paid for it with MY HARD EARNED MONEY and what I see as an issue, whether people like it or not, is not their business so I don't see why you're getting riled up so much.

EDIT: Lucky me, you aren't a seller because I wouldn't buy anything from you.

Y'know what's more worse? People who complain about people complaining.

Last edited:
Back