Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might be right. Dx12 is that tall??
Mine is standing w batpod in a case that should be about 13" but that stand is tall indeed. I was playing w idea of cutting some new panels for the 1/6 case for MJ though as I still have scrap but I think ordering online in US is cheap

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

You might be right. Dx12 is that tall??

Enterbay Bats is that tall. Still i'll say the black/white sections could be what 3cm roughly leaving the inside display area about 52/3 cm just enough to fit bats and more than enough for the 48cm tall endo.

Enterbay Bats is that tall. Still i'll say the black/white sections could be what 3cm roughly leaving the inside display area about 52/3 cm just enough to fit bats and more than enough for the 48cm tall endo.
Oh that makes more sense lol

When will we be getting a 2.0 Battle Damaged version? I'd much rather have him all dirty and rusty then spiffy clean.

BB

When will we be getting a 2.0 Battle Damaged version? I'd much rather have him all dirty and rusty then spiffy clean.

BB

I wouldn't mind a battle damaged version with more dirt and plasma scarring on the chest and that futuristic minigun thing:wave

I highly doubt were getting anything more than this version.

I'm not sure what direction they will take on this matter, there was a lot of new molds made just to produce this one endo, so at the very least we might get a toy fair exclusive version like maybe a battle damaged or a salvation style t-800/t-700:dunno

Hot Toys has offered to replace my Endo's head. But, I have to ship the head to them first, and get a replacement. Seems a bit risky. I could end up with a figure without a head.

Anyone ever done this via HT?

I've done this with Sideshow, but I never directly dealt with Hot Toys.

Yeah, SSC is a dream to work with. Shipping something like this to Hong Kong seems risky. I don't doubt HT's ability to follow through, it's the risk of my head or replacement being lost in transit that makes me reluctant.

Do they offer any kind of tracking? Ask them what if the head is lost in shipment in either direction? It could happen.

Hot Toys has offered to replace my Endo's head. But, I have to ship the head to them first, and get a replacement. Seems a bit risky. I could end up with a figure without a head.

Anyone ever done this via HT?

If you do decide to ship it to them .

Insurance
Next Day Air Or Express Mail (i know its expensive)
Protect yourself

Signed delivery confirmation

I've never dealt with hot toys directly but I've had to send items back to Ebay sellers and they have dealt with hot toys. Lengthy process but everything was fine took about 8 weeks in all .

I would ask them to return it using EMS post and not standard Air Mail

I sent it to them using Fedex next day .

Im sorta in the same boat with potentially having to send mine back. Except mine isnt damage or flaws but im missing the two 90 degree elbows and hoses that attatch to the head. Ive contacted alter ego and they contacted sideshow which replied asking if i was missing both hoses and elbows. Got a reply from alter ego today saying they have not heard back from sideshow since.

I sent back a DX01 Batman body to Hot Toys. They moved address without telling me then spent a week trying to locate it. They were very messy. It ended up fine, but yeah, cover yourself.

Good advice folks. Thanks.

Spydrman83, I'll be interested to see what happens for you. Part of me wonders if they might magically come up with a replacement head.

I sent back a DX01 Batman body to Hot Toys. They moved address without telling me then spent a week trying to locate it. They were very messy. It ended up fine, but yeah, cover yourself.

Ack! Not inspiring confidence...

I responded last night to see if they do an advance RMA of some sort, or would let me send back pics of the destroyed first head after getting the replacement. Shot in the dark, but I'd feel better to have the replacement in head before shipping this one off. I know they might think I'm just trying to get a free head and will never send back pictures. But, at the same time, it's a plastic head. Yeah, I could ebay it I guess, but a little customer support goes a long way for those who really are trying to get a replacement and SSC isn't able to help.

Has anybody done a full list on potential missing parts and things to look out for ? I've ordered mine now and wondered what are the things I should be looking for when I have it in hand .

Has anybody done a full list on potential missing parts and things to look out for ? I've ordered mine now and wondered what are the things I should be looking for when I have it in hand .

Be hellishly careful with the pistons on the back of the head. The seem to be really fragile...

I also do not trust the stability of the fingers.
Very thin, very detailed but so very fragile too...

What I don't like is the upper spine on the metal chest that attaches to the head.
I've seen a video review here at ssc showing that part opening on the seam in the middle when turning the head.
That seam stays closed on my QS002, but when I turn the head to the right, the upper spine tends to also turn to the right.

And to be honest I also do not trust the stability of the shoulder articulation although it looks very solid.

A bummer are still the wronly attached pistons on top of the shoulders. I can't get the holding bolts out of the torso without damaging the pistons...

Over all:
Trust your feelings, just be as careful as you would be with a 1/6th Endo. ;)

Back