Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, I just got this figure yesterday, but this morning I noticed that his head is slightly shifted to the left, but the head looks straight vertically, its just shifted horizontally. Is this normal? Or should I take it back and exchange?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just got this figure yesterday, but this morning I noticed that his head is slightly shifted to the left, but the head looks straight vertically, its just shifted horizontally. Is this normal? Or should I take it back and exchange?

Hmm, kind of hard to understand how it could happen. The head is attached with a balljoint, so I don't see how it could become misaligned.

One thing to consider: the head is articulated at the base of the skull, where the balljoint is -- but the neck itself also rotates where it attaches at the top of the chest/torso. If you adjust/play with the neck itself, you may find that the head no longer appears out of alignment.

Hope that helps. Also, it's a crime to pose your endo with the mouth open... looks so goofy :peace

it is like the hole on the headsculpt where the balljoint attaches to is shifted more to one side. I tried to shift the head horizonally but I can't. the neck is striaight vertically with the chest.

Oh haha, im not really a huge terminator fan I just thought the figure itself looked cool, not sure how to pose him with the mouth open or closed lol. I posted another pic from further away, im not getting equal head tilt from side to side, one side tilts more than the other.

Last edited:
it is like the hole on the headsculpt where the balljoint attaches to is shifted more to one side. I tried to shift the head horizonally but I can't. the neck is striaight vertically with the chest.

Oh haha, im not really a huge terminator fan I just thought the figure itself looked cool, not sure how to pose him with the mouth open or closed lol. I posted another pic from further away, im not getting equal head tilt from side to side, one side tilts more than the other.

Hmm..yeah, I see what you mean (I think), it's hard to appreciate the problem from just pics. I'm not sure what you could do. Apparenly the head can pop off if you are careful, from there maybe you could adjust things or remove the ball joint plate on the skull. Or, if there is indeed an issue with the headsculpt, I think one other guy sent his head back to his place of purchase for a replacement head from hot toys themselves.

endololz004.jpg

lol awesome pic :lol

The Sperminator
Cumming from the future to impregnate the past.
"Cum with me if you want to live"

:rotfl

Congrats on getting the figure Mr. EcKo.:clap

I can't wait to see your pics of the figure on the base Positron, should look amazing.

:lol:lol:rotfl

thanks brother

is everyone else's neck straight? if it is i might have to exchange mine then =/

*edit, i sent the included pics to sideshow, they said they haven't encountered this issue before. but i hope they replace the HS or figure as the dealer said they won't because sideshow wont.

Notice how I get more head tilt to the right than to the left, and how the whole ball joint is shifted to the right, and not centered on the headsculpt when looking below.

Last edited:
Yeah man , somebody bought my Ezio , i knew i had to get this now before its sold out and will sell for $1000 very soon.

:lol Thanks brother , i was on skype with Pete when i put his piston in his hand , it was freaking :rotfl

Good times:lol

Congrats mike, Welcome to a bigger world brother:hi5:

SSC has replied that there are no heads available to replace this with. I have to decide if I can live with this problem and take a small credit, or send it back for refund and have no 1/4 endo. :(

Not sure what to do.

Is the head affixed to these?

I finally got the exclusive, after SSC sent me a limited by mistake. This one had the letter in the HT box indicating that they opened it for inspection. I'm not sure I buy that, cause I know for a fact SSC sends out return product in exchanges. I've gotten other freaks returns before. It's a touch off putting since the issue that caused the exchange was their shipping error, not a previous defect, and I feel like I should have gotten unopened product.

The problem is, he has a circular indention in the chrome in his forehead, above the right eye. It's like an access port that shouldn't be there, probably was a bubble in the chrome (if that's possible). If I try to get an exchange, am I pretty much asking for another figure, or does the head come off?

endohead.jpg

With a refund couldn't you buy another one? But if not I can't imagine its that noticeable a flaw. You'll know its there but no one else will and would only find it upon close inspection.

With a refund couldn't you buy another one? But if not I can't imagine its that noticeable a flaw. You'll know its there but no one else will and would only find it upon close inspection.

As far as i can tell they're all sold out. And this is an exclusive, which i dig the two guns. I'd have to go through the secondary market i think.

Its noticible ingood light. It gets less so as it gets darker.

If you can't live without the 2 guns it looks like your stuck with the SS one. I don't think it looks too bad though, so it really depends on how much the flaw gets to you. If it's driving you nuts looking at it, then just return and buy from BBTS.:wink1:

Back