Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am doing something similar also. I plan on having my Endo in another Detolf case that I still need to buy. That way, I can light up the eyes with a switch outside of the Detolf, instead of opening my Detolf and having to reach around and etc.

I took out the 2 button batteries. Then connected the positive and negative terminals with male terminals. Wired the terminals to 26gauge wires running down the back of the Endo's body and connected to a Duracell 9v battery with on/off switch. At the moment, everything is working fine. I should have pics in a couple days. Still waiting on the 8mm blue leds I ordered for the figure base :)

yep, should be very easy for the endoskeleton, compared with my first attempt at the hot toys mark 4.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91264

here i connected it via usb and an apple iphone wall charger with a remote control to turn on and off.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CawpGzdhZ0Q[/ame]

I just received mine today and man oh man am I blown away. I too was still leery about the figure after I ordered it but after pulling the cover piece off and seeing him seated in the foam, I knew I made the right choice. Of course once I had him out of the box, I was completely blown away. I'm not a very nitpicky person when it comes to the head being smaller or the teeth being too clean/not like armies. This is the figure I have been waiting for since I was a little kid running around with my endoskeleton with the rubber hip coils and my battle damaged terminator (admittedly if I had this figure as a kid, he would rule over all my figures as king since he's so bloody massive and heavy too!

Photos really don't do this figure justice. You have to have him in hand to really appreciate it. Also the amount of engineering and research that hot toys had to do to make sure that all the hydraulics functioned right is awesome. They could just copped out and gave him the basic swivel/ball joints but they actually made it so that you could move the arms and legs and torso and the hydraulics move with em.

My only gripes thus far is the shoddy base just like everyone else. For what we spent, they could of made the base a little less.....Mattel. Other than that, just a couple of the hydraulics along the "collarbone". There's a little bit of room on the peg for them to flop around but being that this will only ever be displayed, its a minor complaint. I noticed some people say that once you start collecting 1/4 scale, you won't go back to 1/6 but I can honestly say that the only way I'll buy anymore 1/4 scale is if its an amazing figure. This guy is so big, he won't even display on the top of my bookshelf next to my Premium Formats because he's too tall.

My old man hates my hobbies and thinks I waste my money on all the figures and statues I buy (oddly he digs all my movie art prints I buy). He was at my place when UPS showed up and he said "Did you buy another stupid toy?" and I told him yup. Anyways I got him set up and told my dad to come check it out. He asked why, because he's just gonna call it stupid. So he goes in and takes a look and he goes "Oh......that's actually pretty bad ***"

Also the first thing I did once I had him out of the box was send my buddy a pic of him giving the twin eagles.

If you're still having reservations, ignore them and buy the figure, you won't regret it.

^ Very cool Scareb! Can't wait for mine.

For those having the Endo already, do you think that repainting the lava in black will make it look better? Like cracked asphalt?

For those having the Endo already, do you think that repainting the lava in black will make it look better? Like cracked asphalt?

To me it's not the lava that ruins the base. It's the poorly sculpted skulls. For one thing they're not even in the same scale as the endo. They're HUGE and were not sculpted by someone with very much skill. I looked at the base, and put it right back in the box. It's awful.

I have considering repainting the lava. I think it would look better, and give a cracked asphalt appearance.

I posed mine on the base of my Mystique comiquette for a brief time...looked really cool.

Eventually I want to make a custom base, and resin cast some of the skulls/bones from the Vampirella pf.

Yes, it would be very easy to paint over to look like cracked asphalt, but to be honest, you barely even notice it when looking at the figure.

I didn't care for the base much when I first saw photos of it, but I really like the way it looks now that I've had it for a while, skulls and all.

Seeing the pics & vids of this figure shows that it is one of the best endo's ever produced. The base on the other hand is not quite up to par. Making a new custom base something along the lines like this one I did for my custom Endo would really make the figure stand out even more.

157_4756.jpg

157_5224.jpg

Seeing the pics & vids of this figure shows that it is one of the best endo's ever produced. The base on the other hand is not quite up to par. Making a new custom base something along the lines like this one I did for my custom Endo would really make the figure stand out even more.

Dude nothing will beat your custom Neca endo or base. That thing is Badass. :lecture

I'm on the wait list for the Ex version I know they split do shipments on these. Are thes limited to a specific number or do you think my wait list will convert pretty easily I only jumped on a couple of weeks back .

I'm curious as to how much of this figure is real die-cast metal. Is it mostly plastic or die-cast?

To me it's not the lava that ruins the base. It's the poorly sculpted skulls. For one thing they're not even in the same scale as the endo. They're HUGE and were not sculpted by someone with very much skill. I looked at the base, and put it right back in the box. It's awful.

I have considering repainting the lava. I think it would look better, and give a cracked asphalt appearance.

I posed mine on the base of my Mystique comiquette for a brief time...looked really cool.

Eventually I want to make a custom base, and resin cast some of the skulls/bones from the Vampirella pf.

Yes, it would be very easy to paint over to look like cracked asphalt, but to be honest, you barely even notice it when looking at the figure.

I didn't care for the base much when I first saw photos of it, but I really like the way it looks now that I've had it for a while, skulls and all.

Thanks guys! :duff I'll have to see what can be done once I have the figure in hand

Every time I see this figure during the day, I'm still blown away by just how awesome it is. If my 7 year old self could see this thing right now, he'd freak out and probably punch his sister out of sheer excitement.

Every time I see this figure during the day, I'm still blown away by just how awesome it is. If my 7 year old self could see this thing right now, he'd freak out and probably punch his sister out of sheer excitement.

Poor sister lol ;)
I think we are all living the dream with all these awesome figures from our favorite flicks of our early years.

The 8mm blue LEDs I ordered are coming today. I should have them mounted to the base by tonight and post pics after.

Back