Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMGP0127.JPG

IMGP0105.JPG

Anyone else who owns this - does yours have any visible uncovered screws?

Mine has 2 on the back, the shoulder ones are uncovered on the rear as are the inside elbows and inside knees. I'm just wondering am I missing covers for those.

Anyone else who owns this - does yours have any visible uncovered screws?

Mine has 2 on the back, the shoulder ones are uncovered on the rear as are the inside elbows and inside knees. I'm just wondering am I missing covers for those.

the screws are visible on the rear shoulders, inside elbows, and inside of knees on mine...and the back as well.

What are the chances HT will release a Terminator 2 version? I just put in an order for Robocop and ED, and I don't really want to spend any more money for the time being.

What are the chances HT will release a Terminator 2 version? I just put in an order for Robocop and ED, and I don't really want to spend any more money for the time being.

This one is more a T2 version than a T1. But in any case I think they only have the license for T1. They could conceivably put out another one with a new paint deco but I doubt it. This one already has weathering on it.

Man, I can't stop posing and messing with this thing, I REALLY love it.
A word of warning though, I have broken BOTH of his solid neck rods. They were both broken because I was trying to get the full range of motion out of his head, and pushed things beyond their limit/tolerance. Anyone who is concerned about breakage should definitely read their manual, which describes in degrees, what range of motion you should be able to achieve from various joints. Myself, I don't care much for manuals, I prefer to explore on my own.
I'm not upset about the neck rods, they are cleanly snapped off at the base of the skull, and if I wanted, I could re-glue them, but actually, now that they're snapped, I can get a more expressive range of motion out of the head and neck, it looks much better now -- and I can simply move the rods (they're still attached to the body, just not the skull) into whatever position I please once I have the head posed.
It's sad that they're snapped, but they were limiting my posing options, and that was a big problem for me. I want this guy to be as expressive and dynamic as possible.

Just thought I'd point that out as caution for others. I'm quite sure this will happen to another fan, and they'll likely not see in the same positive light that I do ;)

Attached is pic from before I snapped the neck rods. Maybe now that I've caused some minor damage I will go ahead and sand his lower teeth down a little bit. Wife's reaction was a double-take, followed by "how much did THAT cost?!"...hahah

Yeah this is the most impressive piece in my collection, I haven't posed it much TBH but I can't stop looking at it, everytime I pass my cabinet I gotta stop and stare:)

Man, I can't stop posing and messing with this thing, I REALLY love it.
A word of warning though, I have broken BOTH of his solid neck rods. They were both broken because I was trying to get the full range of motion out of his head, and pushed things beyond their limit/tolerance. Anyone who is concerned about breakage should definitely read their manual, which describes in degrees, what range of motion you should be able to achieve from various joints. Myself, I don't care much for manuals, I prefer to explore on my own.
I'm not upset about the neck rods, they are cleanly snapped off at the base of the skull, and if I wanted, I could re-glue them, but actually, now that they're snapped, I can get a more expressive range of motion out of the head and neck, it looks much better now -- and I can simply move the rods (they're still attached to the body, just not the skull) into whatever position I please once I have the head posed.
It's sad that they're snapped, but they were limiting my posing options, and that was a big problem for me. I want this guy to be as expressive and dynamic as possible.

Just thought I'd point that out as caution for others. I'm quite sure this will happen to another fan, and they'll likely not see in the same positive light that I do ;)

Attached is pic from before I snapped the neck rods. Maybe now that I've caused some minor damage I will go ahead and sand his lower teeth down a little bit. Wife's reaction was a double-take, followed by "how much did THAT cost?!"...hahah

The rods on the Neck definitly suck.
Way too fragile to fully enjoy différent looks.
Im getting some aluminium miniature rods to make better ones and probably reinforce the other rods. Hope i got the right sizes ^^

I would like to replace some of the hose too, got ta look into it...

Also be carefull if youre planning on reversing the shoulders pistons the correct way the pin were a pain in the *** for me to remove, they were very very tight. If you dont mind do not take the risk.

Again its an awesome figure.

Is the head affixed to these?

I finally got the exclusive, after SSC sent me a limited by mistake. This one had the letter in the HT box indicating that they opened it for inspection. I'm not sure I buy that, cause I know for a fact SSC sends out return product in exchanges. I've gotten other freaks returns before. It's a touch off putting since the issue that caused the exchange was their shipping error, not a previous defect, and I feel like I should have gotten unopened product.

The problem is, he has a circular indention in the chrome in his forehead, above the right eye. It's like an access port that shouldn't be there, probably was a bubble in the chrome (if that's possible). If I try to get an exchange, am I pretty much asking for another figure, or does the head come off?

endohead.jpg

Last edited:
This one is more a T2 version than a T1. But in any case I think they only have the license for T1. They could conceivably put out another one with a new paint deco but I doubt it. This one already has weathering on it.

What about the DX13?

Back