Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i swore that i would only collect 1:6 scale figures but damnit , this looks incredible, i´m already trying to figure out where to place next to my tv set, so awesome

I wish Enterbay would play their card already... seems like forever since the project announcement was made.

I'm definitely waiting to see Enterbay's version before pulling a $400 trigger. And I have the old Argonauts 1/4 scale model kit, so I have all the Plasma Rifle options I'll want.

I wish Enterbay would play their card already... seems like forever since the project announcement was made.

Yup. I was inquiring about it in the appropriate EB thread, but the only picture available was not even the correct picture.

So my BIG question is. Since I have the original 1/4 scale Sideshow PF. Do I need this? Is this a significant upgrade?

What I like about having the 1/4 PF, is that's an oldie. An original.
It's heavy and made of metal. And does have some limited articulation in the head, torso, arms and fingers.
And it also lights up.

If I have that already, is this really worth to get this?
I'm quite happy with it personally.

And what is this made out of? Nice heavy metal or something else?
I'm not the biggest fan of that pose, though I don't know all the different poses that PF can achieve. If you're happy with it though, then I would say just use that money for something else. However, if I already had a 1/4 scale Endo, I would probably sell it and use the funds to buy 2 of the new ones or whatever. I can only assume they are worth that much.

So my BIG question is. Since I have the original 1/4 scale Sideshow PF. Do I need this? Is this a significant upgrade?

What I like about having the 1/4 PF, is that's an oldie. An original.
It's heavy and made of metal. And does have some limited articulation in the head, torso, arms and fingers.
And it also lights up.

If I have that already, is this really worth to get this?
I'm quite happy with it personally.

And what is this made out of? Nice heavy metal or something else?

Looking at the pictures and the fact that its made of metal I say no, its not worth it.

IMO Endo is useless if its not made of metal, takes all the excitement away, I still will get HT 1/4 endo though, but I prefer your PF more honestly. Not worth it !!!

Looking at the pictures and the fact that its made of metal I say no, its not worth it.

IMO Endo is useless if its not made of metal, takes all the excitement away, I still will get HT 1/4 endo though, but I prefer your PF more honestly. Not worth it !!!

I know metal is tempting. There seems to be this stigma with metal, that in the collectors' realm, it is a sign of quality and craftsmanship. I really wish this were true. It's not, though. This is a huge problem in the scale model community, and 99% of the time it is a sign that the collectible (if Hot Toys can be called that anymore) is from China, and the zinc is chock full of lead impurity. They just don't care over there, as is evident by their almost non-existent warranty/ customer service (not just Hot Toys, mind you). I know this all from experience, as I'm looking at a 1/18 scale model Ferarri f40 that I paid 150 bucks for, and the zinc body is rotting away, and in the next few years, I'm going to have to thow it away. Trust me, if we get a metal endo, in a few years it will look like this:

shoddy2.jpg

or this:

Zinc+pest+01.jpg

I know metal is tempting. There seems to be this stigma with metal, that in the collectors' realm, it is a sign of quality and craftsmanship. I really wish this were true. It's not, though. This is a huge problem in the scale model community, and 99% of the time it is a sign that the collectible (if Hot Toys can be called that anymore) is from China, and the zinc is chock full of lead impurity. They just don't care over there, as is evident by their almost non-existent warranty/ customer service (not just Hot Toys, mind you). I know this all from experience, as I'm looking at a 1/18 scale model Ferarri f40 that I paid 150 bucks for, and the zinc body is rotting away, and in the next few years, I'm going to have to thow it away. Trust me, if we get a metal endo, in a few years it will look like this:

shoddy2.jpg

or this:

Zinc+pest+01.jpg

tumblr_lug88r5QHq1qa7ul1.gif

having owned eb mib and see how they made the electroplated weapons, basically one give no hopes of their t2...moreover, having seen the real 1/4 prototype myself at the ani-con event in hk. it's a buy for me

having owned eb mib and see how they made the electroplated weapons, basically one give no hopes of their t2...moreover, having seen the real 1/4 prototype myself at the ani-con event in hk. it's a buy for me

What is a buy for you? HT Endo 1/4? Was it pretty nice in person?

Sideshows 1/4 endo is mainly polystone with soft cast metal hands and metal hoses.
Hot toys looks to be using metal hands & hoses too.
Head sculpt looks to be x10 better too.

What is a buy for you? HT Endo 1/4? Was it pretty nice in person?

frankly speaking, HT official pictures serve no judgement towards the actual figure i've seen on display and i'd PO it already.....sure this bada$$ will certainly looks great when placed side-by-side with EB 1/4 Arnold:yess:

courtesy of catcat
cc2012_053.jpg

courtesy of apollovin
2824965830107330986S600x600Q85.jpg

to my understanding HT did owned a 1:1 Endo and sure they had made a balance towards the design and materials that allows an affordable action figure

chrome still looks like a superwin.
face with giant teeth and stupid eyes still look like a crazy horse.
waiting for the 1/6 for custom parts.
I bought the 1/4 Arnie T800 AFTER it was released
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjBRNqwDPrU[/ame]

Last edited:
Sideshows 1/4 endo is mainly polystone with soft cast metal hands and metal hoses.
Hot toys looks to be using metal hands & hoses too.
Head sculpt looks to be x10 better too.

I wonder what material the hoses are made of...

They could very well just be silver-colored plastic tubes (non-painted).
If they're not metal, or silver-colored plastic, I would imagine they would be the first component to crack or peel. :(

Back