Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realize this is an intricate design, but without fabrics for tailoring and without likeness rights and such, one can only wonder why this is so much. Then again, compared to the Batman figure it is much more reasonably priced. Hot Toys is crazy if they think $470 on Batman is justifiable. Enterbay is looking real nice right now.
And if you live in Cali, like I do, add tax to the final price. :slap

If you want the price closer to $400, don't order from Sideshow. Go with AE, CSC, or RE. It's a decent decrease.

can this figure stand on its own without the lame cupholder? Is the cupholder removable from the base?

why cant ht just use a foot peg, argggg!

So my BIG question is. Since I have the original 1/4 scale Sideshow PF. Do I need this? Is this a significant upgrade?

What I like about having the 1/4 PF, is that's an oldie. An original.
It's heavy and made of metal. And does have some limited articulation in the head, torso, arms and fingers.
And it also lights up.

If I have that already, is this really worth to get this?
I'm quite happy with it personally.

And what is this made out of? Nice heavy metal or something else?

So my BIG question is. Since I have the original 1/4 scale Sideshow PF. Do I need this? Is this a significant upgrade?

It's heavy and made of metal. And does have some limited articulation in the head, torso, arms and fingers.
And it also lights up.

On one hand and as far as I´m concerned I´d say that you don´t need it, since I, for myself, would love to have it out of metal, the proportions look great, it´s chromed, BUT it´s T1...but as I said earlier...there should be THE DEFINITE T-800 Endo, but the others are right too, regarding the paradox stuff.

On the other hand you have how it maybe will look once it´s released, maybe with details and feats added and that it´ll be DAMN MORE poseable then the statue...so...hm...hard call.

Maybe 3/4 to 1/4 that you DON´T need it...but that´s just me.

I´m getting this for sure, since I got too late to the game and "only" started with the Series 600 and missed out on the 800´s sadly.

I think I'll pass on the Exclusive, no need to pay extra $ for the EX plus taxes and customs just for a rifle. I could almost buy a half of another Endo for the Ex alone.

Ordered EX, Cheaper then I can get get the Reg locally including shipping , taking into account Flex, rewards & the gift card I'll get
Looking forward to having a 1/4 piece in my collection, I can almost pretend its a statue and will compliment my SSC Endo skull & TT pieces nicely

Does the other parts of the figure electroplated plastic? If so, wouldn't that be susceptible to cracking and peeling just like what's been happening to Cap's shield?

That would piss off a LOT if that happens.

electroplated PLASTIC???

400 bucks and it is plastic???

Proportion-wise, yes.

Guess you have no understanding of proportions.

That´s because they are not europeans,
americans don´t have the same "eye" than europeans.

It is not a casual that everything is style and design is conceived in EU

And it also lights up.

Personally I would pass if I were you and keep that $400 for something else

:lol

I remember seeing pics of this custom and THOSE details need to be in this too, if it should really be worth 400 or so bucks.

Did anything more got out on this custom btw?!

that's Nathan's ( aka SilentSurfer ) custom 1/4 scale Argonauts..not sure if he painted it yet...

do you guys think it will work if i get rid of the cupholder and use some 3m tape and glue his feet to the base?

Originally Posted by toyrewind
Does the other parts of the figure electroplated plastic? If so, wouldn't that be susceptible to cracking and peeling just like what's been happening to Cap's shield?

That would piss off a LOT if that happens.

electroplated PLASTIC???

400 bucks and it is plastic???

I believe the other parts are plastic.

- Electroplated endoskeleton with diecast parts

And it also lights up.

I am also debating getting this one. I have the Cinemaquette, but I like that I could pose this with 2 guns. Not sure if it's a must though..

I bought the 1/4 Arnie T800 AFTER it was released, to be honest I am going to do the same with this. I want to see PRODUCTION photos and specs before I dump $350+ on anything. Proto pictures are nice, but I am not buying a prototype figure.

I doubt seriously if this piece (or, virtually any plastic figure) is actually electroplated due, in part, to the damage it does to styrene plastics). More likely we will be seeing what's referred to as "vacuum plating", which is essentially a process by which a very thin sheet of metal or plastic coated in metal powders is vacuum sealed over plastic to ensure it is driven into all recesses. This give a reasonably good approximation of plating, but may be subject to peeling- hence, Captains shield.

And what about europeans that have to add 20-25% taxes so?

Consider yourself lucky
Ouch! After everything adds up, it's already way too much than it's worth.

I guess we are lucky here, but I'm still not buying from California retailers. :D

Back