Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pretty much agree. Just in principle. I won't say that HT have done that but if they have I think its a shame.
Well, the sculptor had a Sideshow endoskull standing next to him in that one picture, so I think it's safe to say that that was referenced. Also because several inaccurate traits from that skull has carried over into the HT sculpt, such as the extra long lower teeth and someone mentioned the over sized chip cover. I'm sure there are more.

If they were going to use other licensees products as reference they should have got in contact with M1, as he has an actual Stan Winston casting that he made his product from - he could have offered authentic reference. But still... they should have gone to the actual source over copying other licensed stuff.

But still... they should have gone to the actual source over copying other licensed stuff.

:lecture Especially T1 since thats what their license is for. I'm no endo-expert, I don't study them in that much detail to be honest, but I understand theres actually a number of differences between the endos of T1 and T2 and from what P. says this figure is essentially based on T2. Well, with the plasma rifles I figured as much anyway.

Enterbay have the T2 license and their one will also inevitably be T2 based. Is anyone ever going to make an actual T1 version of the endoskeleton?? :gah:

Having said all this, I'm still buying it. If I thought boycotting would truly be of any use toward getting them to pay proper attention to movie referance as opposed to lazily just looking at other company's works I would opt out of this purchase. However you would never get sufficient numbers of likeminded people to actually send a message to Hot Toys by not buying the figure. And in the meantime I'd be missing out on what is nevertheless a cool 1:4 scale recogniseable T-800 endoskeleton.

Last edited:
I know of two T1 style sculpts. The 1/9 scale Halcyon/Tsukuda styrene endoskeleton - plain and plastic chrome finish - and the 1/6 insanely rare Scoop kit.

Both have the accurate torso to leg proportions and I believe the Scoop has many other details correct. But the Scoop kit is so damn rare and it's nearly impossible to even find pictures of it.

Hot Toys should really consider trying to buy the molds and rights to the Scoop kit and rework it to their fully articulated 1/6 line.

and from what P. says this figure is essentially based on T2.
well, first of all it is almost totally based on their own old skeleton, except the head from SS.
but if not taking that into concideration:
- palms + forearm pistons - T2 and all terminators since. (T1 had another palm/forearm construction. great bug in T2 presenting pseudo-T1 hand)
- neck wires - T3 (and T2 not-on-screen, hanging freely)
- long chest wires - mcfarlane toy (no movie reference at all)
- feet - mcfarlane toy (no movie reference at all)
- flat back - mcfarlane toy (no movie reference at all. every skeleton from t1 to t4 had it musclely round, with shoulders forward)
- 2 small wires in the chest - t1
- long spine and small abdomen plate - t1 (actually the spine is not longer, it's the effect of a smaller belly armor plate. Schwarzenegger in T1 had a much more aggressive chest/abdomen connection zone angle than in T2, they depicted it changing the T2 belly in the movie)
- head and mouth - t2 (a little another eye zone, totally another teeth zone - t1 had all teeth including back ones and looked like a shark, while t2 seems to have only forward teeth and some close to them)
- closed, plated chest insides instead of opened, with mechanisms - either original HT idea or i don't know where they took it
- neck wires connection to the head - T2 and all since
- lower jaw asimmetrically going to the left - I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ____ IT IS AT ALL, it must be an exclusive "hands growing from ass" feature from the sculptor, a personal gift to all us buyers.

people could be happy that now they changed 2 neck pistons to look like in T1 (previously i had to take the forearm/palm pistons and their round connectors to replace bending for turning), but as long as people totally don't give ANY ____ about anything, they won't notice that. as well as other cool changes. yeah, it's very dual to "hate whiners and accept products", dear fellows, you don't hate anything about figures and at the same time you don't know what cool is there.

and don't forget about Robocain. who will be produced with the same attitude to buyers.

Last edited:
If I thought boycotting would truly be of any use toward getting them to pay proper attention to movie referance as opposed to lazily just looking at other company's works I would opt out of this purchase. However you would never get sufficient numbers of likeminded people to actually send a message to Hot Toys by not buying the figure. And in the meantime I'd be missing out on what is nevertheless a cool 1:4 scale recogniseable T-800 endoskeleton.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I don't think Hot Toys will ever learn. It's like asking water not to be wet. Sure EB will come along with their version and it may very well be more accurate in small ways, but even their figure won't be truly perfect -- and from my recent experiences, I'd rather go with Hot Toys at this point. I'm not risking fragility for a lousy 2 or 3% bump in accuracy. The thing already looks better than the existing 1/1 busts (which fans are very happy with) due to the teeth, so if stylized $500-$600 Sideshow heads are good enough for people, an entire figure with an improved set of chompers is definitely good enough for me.

Sideshow already put up HT's Ani-Com Iron Man figure (with exclusive hologram), so it's reasonable to assume we'll be seeing the 1/4 Bats and Endo soon. Maybe even this week.
It'll be hard enough getting both of these beasts, so thank God no new Predators went up for PO this summer.

how many do u think they will make? will it be limited? how many 1/6 endos did hot toys make? i have no idea, im not a hot toys collector, im a terminator collector.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I don't think Hot Toys will ever learn. It's like asking water not to be wet. Sure EB will come along with their version and it may very well be more accurate in small ways, but even their figure won't be truly perfect -- and from my recent experiences, I'd rather go with Hot Toys at this point. I'm not risking fragility for a lousy 2 or 3% bump in accuracy. The thing already looks better than the existing 1/1 busts (which fans are very happy with) due to the teeth, so if stylized $500-$600 Sideshow heads are good enough for people, an entire figure with an improved set of chompers is definitely good enough for me.

:exactly::goodpost:

Right on the money. I think boycotting the product is useless. Its gonna sell out regardless unless its really terrible which it isint.

Seriously... P., if you really want HT to make a super accurate Terminator, you should help EB make theirs as accurate as possible. If EB's Endo is done well and sells out and is PRAISED for its accuracy, i can bet all my money that HT will release a QS Endo Ver.2.0 that has every detail down to pin point accuracy.

That being said, i myself also already pre-ordered this version. As much as i love EB, they have yet to make anything besides human figures (and even those still have problems). I'm guessing it'll have alot of bumps along the way to their Passion. I'm playing it safe, goin for the HT. The double plasma rifles and the rockin base is just too cool.

In fact... to all honesty, i prefer the T2 look (maybe because i like the movie more), and am under the impression that HT wanted to make that one, but can't cause they dont have the licence, so they have to settle for T1. Hence the double plasma rifles.

I know of two T1 style sculpts. The 1/9 scale Halcyon/Tsukuda styrene endoskeleton - plain and plastic chrome finish - and the 1/6 insanely rare Scoop kit.

Both have the accurate torso to leg proportions and I believe the Scoop has many other details correct. But the Scoop kit is so damn rare and it's nearly impossible to even find pictures of it.

Hot Toys should really consider trying to buy the molds and rights to the Scoop kit and rework it to their fully articulated 1/6 line.

You have got to be joking... :lol The Scoop and Tsukuda model kits are completely inferior in ever-single-possible-way when compared with the HT versions. Those kits make the NECA figures look like masterpieces.

I think that any talk about inaccuracy is so trivial when compared to the 98% HT got right. I'm sure the production figures are going to look significantly better than the prototype, too. You're going to be waiting a long time before something of this quality gets made for the price.

PO price for the T-800 is HK$2580 (US$332) and HK$2980 (US$384) for Batman.

well, first of all it is almost totally based on their own old skeleton, except the head from SS.
but if not taking that into concideration:
- palms + forearm pistons - T2 and all terminators since. (T1 had another palm/forearm construction. great bug in T2 presenting pseudo-T1 hand)
- neck wires - T3 (and T2 not-on-screen, hanging freely)
- long chest wires - mcfarlane toy (no movie reference at all)
- feet - mcfarlane toy (no movie reference at all)
- flat back - mcfarlane toy (no movie reference at all. every skeleton from t1 to t4 had it musclely round, with shoulders forward)
- 2 small wires in the chest - t1
- long spine and small abdomen plate - t1 (actually the spine is not longer, it's the effect of a smaller belly armor plate. Schwarzenegger in T1 had a much more aggressive chest/abdomen connection zone angle than in T2, they depicted it changing the T2 belly in the movie)
- head and mouth - t2 (a little another eye zone, totally another teeth zone - t1 had all teeth including back ones and looked like a shark, while t2 seems to have only forward teeth and some close to them)
- closed, plated chest insides instead of opened, with mechanisms - either original HT idea or i don't know where they took it
- neck wires connection to the head - T2 and all since
- lower jaw asimmetrically going to the left - I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE ____ IT IS AT ALL, it must be an exclusive "hands growing from ass" feature from the sculptor, a personal gift to all us buyers.

people could be happy that now they changed 2 neck pistons to look like in T1 (previously i had to take the forearm/palm pistons and their round connectors to replace bending for turning), but as long as people totally don't give ANY ____ about anything, they won't notice that. as well as other cool changes. yeah, it's very dual to "hate whiners and accept products", dear fellows, you don't hate anything about figures and at the same time you don't know what cool is there.

and don't forget about Robocain. who will be produced with the same attitude to buyers.

[ame]https://youtu.be/PZeDFwTcnCc[/ame]

Seriously... P., if you really want HT to make a super accurate Terminator, you should help EB make theirs as accurate as possible. If EB's Endo is done well and sells out and is PRAISED for its accuracy, i can bet all my money that HT will release a QS Endo Ver.2.0 that has every detail down to pin point accuracy.

I don't think anyone with any experience would trust Enterbay again after the MIB and Rambo fiascoes. I was $48 out of pocket because I had to return my T-800 body because of excessive staining to the rubber torso. Batmans' belt it tied together with a cable tie FFS... :slap:lol

Caveat emptor!

not sure if butters is a person and not a board AI.
poorly programmed.
you don't know how i'd wish to be in their labs together with some friends to check and correct )
as for EB, i heard they tried hard on their T2, and it's a total fail in every detail. so helping them make anything accurate will be harder than making peace on earth or persuading tsang that there is more than one predator face in movies.

Last edited:
I'm not getting into 1/4 scale, but I'm definitely picking this one up. It's the only one that gives me that wow factor.

The fourth scale ArgoNauts vinyl kit introduced the closed cavity chest, as far as I remember, the abnormal sized legs in comparison to torso and head, and it's stayed with licensed scaled endoskeleton figures ever since.

You have got to be joking... :lol The Scoop and Tsukuda model kits are completely inferior in ever-single-possible-way when compared with the HT versions. Those kits make the NECA figures look like masterpieces.
I was mentioning them as they were T1 style. What didn't you get about that? They incorporated the correct proportions of the overall piece, but yes, they are inferior to the complexity of the HT articulation. Difference is that those are model kits, not articulated figures.

If HT could incorporate the correct body proportions of the actual T1 endoskeleton into their awesome articulated endoskeleton design then it would be a perfect home run.

Do I think the sixth scale HT endoskeleton is the best thing ever? Sure. Until the next "best thing" pops up. HT had the chance to one-up themselves by doing things accurate. But seems they just copied themselves and other licensed products and called it done. Shame.

Ya, I thought Ani-com ended today, and the price would have gone public days ago. Also, there's seriously no new pics from the freakin' Ani-com of this thing yet? I thought this show was super-popualar in Asia, and there'd be pictures flooding in from the Hot Toy's booth. I've seen ONE set of photos of this figure from Ani-com

Back