Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
arms (parts before palms) are off.
palms are off (and they are based on t2).
shoulders are off.
chest is off.
neck is off.
head is off.
feet are off.
back is off (plain again like on every toy since MF).
hips and waist are either ok or i don't see big mistakes there.
and i did not take into consideration all liquid transporting tubes to the hydraulics, though they were easy to make on 1/4, but ok, nobody ever tried to copy them except one guy in neca thread with his 18" t2 skeleton.
i do not know why you asked your question and what you'll do with the answer, but here it is.
and the most sad thing is that HT copied all those mistakes (except ugly head) from their own figure, never trying to see the movie skeleton :D i hoped for a remake and they give us a reissue.

i'd say that you've mistaken yourself for :)

:lectureTheres a big difference between being a fan and being extremely obsessive :lol

He's right the figure is not completely screen acurate so far.
The missing or wrong details he pointed toward are there so its not like he's imagining things.
He has the right to be perfectionist as he wishes to be.

Now most of us are satisfied by the quality of the product but i can accept that die hard fans can be dissapointed why at such scale some accuracies are missing.

I'm sure if he contacted HT and that HT adressed those issues we will be all very happy about his input because the bottom line is that we all want what we saw on screen.
It's obsessive fans like him that work for these companies that made the hobby what it is today.
Detailed, screen accurate awesome figures :)

:)

Damn, just noticed the release date for this. :thud: Oh well, atleast I'll have time to save $$$.

He's right the figure is not completely screen acurate so far.
The missing or wrong details he pointed toward are there so its not like he's imagining things.
He has the right to be perfectionist as he wishes to be.

Now most of us are satisfied by the quality of the product but i can accept that die hard fans can be dissapointed why at such scale some accuracies are missing.

I'm sure if he contacted HT and that HT adressed those issues we will be all very happy about his input because the bottom line is that we all want what we saw on screen.
It's obsessive fans like him that work for these companies that made the hobby what it is today.
Detailed, screen accurate awesome figures :)

:goodpost: I don't see any reason to attack P. for his attention to detail about a line he cares about deeply:dunno I see people all over this forum posting about crap that is not acturate on a daily basis. I don't know many people who know more about terminator details than P. and his customs are proof of his passion for the hobby. I really want the 1:6 version of an endo myself and if they produce it I will buy it with or without the inacurates but I would much prefer it to be as correct as possible and at 1:4 scale size and price there should be less room for error.

I wonder if they will make this in 1/6 scale as well, I really want this type on endo so if no 1/6 scale, I might have to go for 1/4 scale, but I would prefer 1/6 so that its consistent with my collection.

By the way, does anyone know what are the chance for hot toys 1/4 scale Arnie from T2? I heard that they will make The predator Arnie in 1/4 scale, is that right??

I see people all over this forum posting about crap that is not acturate on a daily basis.

and yet people seem to never get that nothing is ever going to be perfect, nothing. These companies do have deadlines. If some of you ppl expect absolute perfection with HT, your kidding yourselves.

and yet people seem to never get that nothing is ever going to be perfect, nothing. These companies do have deadlines. If some of you ppl expect absolute perfection with HT, your kidding yourselves.

That's true. Only expect perfection from Enterbay. :wink1:

i know hot toys is know for alot of detail, but will the 1/4 scale stuff look as good and as expensive as 1/4 scale statues from SS. i wonder if this will push SS to make higher quality and QC get better

olbertfrog
The Skull
thank you for support, but i already noticed another thing about "inaccuracies".
a common dialog looks like this:
- this is a perfect figure!
- but with inaccuracies.
- i cannot see any!
- i can see 15.
- name them!
- here they are.
- you're stupid.

Last edited:
Agreed; more pics from the ani-com floor, please. So are the prices that are on eBay now pretty representative of the final price? I'm kind of curious why pricing info hasn't been made readily availabe if the figure was to go on pre-order at the show, unless I missed that somewhere.

That's true. Only expect perfection from Enterbay. :wink1:

:panic::panic::panic:

i know hot toys is know for alot of detail, but will the 1/4 scale stuff look as good and as expensive as 1/4 scale statues from SS. i wonder if this will push SS to make higher quality and QC get better

well, this already looks better then SS's attempt at a 1/4 Endo. We won't really know until we get some of these 1/4 HT pieces in hand. The EB T-800 is better then any Term statue put out, but it still felt like a bigger doll to me. They should lose to doll stands, and use magnets or somethin, I think that would help.

well, this already looks better then SS's attempt at a 1/4 Endo. We won't really know until we get some of these 1/4 HT pieces in hand. The EB T-800 is better then any Term statue put out, but it still felt like a bigger doll to me. They should lose to doll stands, and use magnets or somethin, I think that would help.

I also hope the stands for these endos to be more subtle, maybe replaced by a damaged wall or something

Magnets wouldbe ideal to stand it. As for the detail debate, look at the figuresfrom say 5 years ago compared to today's. So imagine how they'll be in 5 years time. Maybe by then they'll digitally scan the orginal full size from the movie(being an actor or a prop) then use a 3d printer to create it in the real world(by then the 3d printers might be less expensive and improved).

Just my thinking.

Magnets wouldbe ideal to stand it. As for the detail debate, look at the figuresfrom say 5 years ago compared to today's. So imagine how they'll be in 5 years time. Maybe by then they'll digitally scan the orginal full size from the movie(being an actor or a prop) then use a 3d printer to create it in the real world(by then the 3d printers might be less expensive and improved).

Just my thinking.

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but it seems to me that the inaccuracyin the detailing has little to do with manufacturing and materials technology and a lot to do with lazy designing. Normally I'm pretty easy to please, but imo these issues aren't trivial in a 1/4 scale figure commanding a premium MSRP.

As for the detail debate, look at the figuresfrom say 5 years ago compared to today's. So imagine how they'll be in 5 years time.
looking on HT example...
no shape changes in more than 5 years!
looking at mcfarlane skeleton... no change in shapes since it to HT!
so no place for imagination.

I just cannot believe companies are using other companies' pieces as reference. Isn't that like a big NO-NO? Regardless, it's just LAZY, as they shouldn't use anything but screen used or originals as reference. Otherwise they are just copying the same inaccuracies from each other that was complained about before... and will then be complained about again and again and again.

That's not improvement, that's not getting things right. There is an authentic Stan Winston Studios endoskeleton standing in the lobby of a hotel in Japan - I believe it was a hotel. HT has been told about that piece, but apparently thought it better to just reference Sideshow pieces instead of the real thing - and Sideshow pieces are what... 4th, 5th or 10th generation away from original, reworked and altered at every generation putting it further away from accurate + being severely under-sized.

I just don't understand the mentality of referencing other companies' products instead of going to the source and get things right.

I think the previous HT sixth scale endos were pretty cool. Could they be better. Of course they could. But incorporating the inaccuracies from those + adding inaccuracies from other licensed companies' products into a fourth scale and potential new sixth scale release is just not making sense to me. I guess they'll sell out... but it's just an opportunity lost to get it exactly right and hit it out of the park.

I just cannot believe companies are using other companies' pieces as reference. Isn't that like a big NO-NO? Regardless, it's just LAZY, as they shouldn't use anything but screen used or originals as reference. Otherwise they are just copying the same inaccuracies from each other that was complained about before... and will then be complained about again and again and again.

That's not improvement, that's not getting things right. There is an authentic Stan Winston Studios endoskeleton standing in the lobby of a hotel in Japan - I believe it was a hotel. HT has been told about that piece, but apparently thought it better to just reference Sideshow pieces instead of the real thing - and Sideshow pieces are what... 4th, 5th or 10th generation away from original, reworked and altered at every generation putting it further away from accurate + being severely under-sized.

I just don't understand the mentality of referencing other companies' products instead of going to the source and get things right.

I think the previous HT sixth scale endos were pretty cool. Could they be better. Of course they could. But incorporating the inaccuracies from those + adding inaccuracies from other licensed companies' products into a fourth scale and potential new sixth scale release is just not making sense to me. I guess they'll sell out... but it's just an opportunity lost to get it exactly right and hit it out of the park.

I pretty much agree. Just in principle. I won't say that HT have done that but if they have I think its a shame.

Reminds me of this

https://youtu.be/feR_RkZDTZg?t=18s

Just ignore the bits about dinosaurs.

Last edited:
Back