Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a small break from painting my 1/4 Pred to get rid of the ridiculous lava on the 1/4 Endo base. Removed the lava, and added some ash. Finished for now. May go back later and repaint the skulls.

7ECC671C-0134-4EAB-A76B-BC6F3D77F437_zpska6orndm.jpg

C3E0213B-4FCC-4981-A0AE-4288250E33ED_zpsuehlx8tg.jpg

9DAD6DB4-19ED-4A3A-A50B-8539BDEABC57_zpsmugra7um.jpg

Looks great! What technique did you use to give it that weathered look?

I think im going to sell my EX. I never got around to taking it out of the box but im thinking of ditching 1/4 scale for anything other than statues.

or hoping they make a metal one in the future

I think im going to sell my EX. I never got around to taking it out of the box but im thinking of ditching 1/4 scale for anything other than statues.

or hoping they make a metal one in the future

Pm me with your price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the NECA one today and it's more than enough for me :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, but have one ABSOLUTE GOLD Endoskeleton, or an army of crappy ones?

On a sidenot: Acquired a Nikon D3100 and will post the first batch of new pics this weekend.
Gotta play a bit with the setting, trying a good mock up and so on.
Can´t waiton what you guys´ll be saying, so stay tuned!

On a sidenot: Acquired a Nikon D3100 and will post the first batch of new pics this weekend.

Congrats Endo, I got the same camera. Have had it for a few months now and I love it! If you want any tips on settings, let me know :)

Looking forward to your pictures!

This figure is truly impressive thou it has some issues here and there...

For me there are five things that brigs this figure down personally for me:
1) the eyes light-up activates in some insane and terribly wrong way;
2) it has two wrong sided pistons on his chest;
3) it's not 100% or 90% metal (I'd rather to pay +200$ to get fullmetal Endo, really);
4) this figure has one uglies and inappropriate for standing stand I've seen last few years o__O ;
5) this figure is little bit smaller than it should be in it's scale.
I can fix the light-up and pistons, no doubts. I can deal with it's plastic nature and live with that. ))))
But I just can't deal with his size. He looks too tiny with two Enterbay Arnie's on one shelf, so...

So I "borrowed" the stand from my old 1/4 Maquette by Sideshow! Just made one copy for me (I know that it's not quite decently, but I'm not gonna sell this, it's just for me from the item I've owned) and asked my artist to paint it. That's it! Pure and dangerous beauty:

Valery made a stunning job on this base! I was blown away by colors and details, one real piece of Judgment Day on my shelf.

And it all worked pretty good for the general display, I suppose:

Anyway, I'm still looking forward for the Enterbay version. Maybe they will be able to pleasantly surprise me.

Last edited:
Wow that stand looks fantastic with the figure, really puts the hot toys stand to complete and utter shame (even reprinted) I've often thought about making my own but good 1/4 skulls seem to be expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very cool base!!

The original HT base is not too good alas. They could have thought more about the lava thing (though you can repaint and thus fix it), the ugly skulls (again they can be repainted and 80% fixed this way, though they still are a bit too big and look weird). Then the holder itself could have been masked better if for example they added some kind of destroyed wall in the back and the ring holder to come out of that instead of the pole which from some angles looks like is going up his ***.

Totally agree about the way you turn on the LED's, who in his right mind could design such a poor way of turning on the lights? I don't mind the Endo being made of plastic or metal. I'd rather have it more accurate, especially the head.

Still this is a very impressive figure and really glad I got it.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward for the Enterbay version. Maybe they will be able to pleasantly surprise me.
Is it confirmed that they'll be making one or is it just assumed that it will come eventually as part of the series?

I'm starting to give up on finding one of these for a reasonable price. Even second hand they're more than £350. Were they this expensive on release due to the larger scale or has availability just driven the price up?

Is it confirmed that they'll be making one or is it just assumed that it will come eventually as part of the series?

I'm starting to give up on finding one of these for a reasonable price. Even second hand they're more than £350. Were they this expensive on release due to the larger scale or has availability just driven the price up?

From what I know EB will not make an Endo anymore. Did anything change regarding this, any good news? I would really like an EB 1:4 Endo as well

Back