Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
does anyone know how to fix loose arm on 1/4 endoskeleton? Can't hold its arm up...it falls back down

Last edited:
Just an FYI, I've seen some posts recently about people having trouble moving the head, and they can only move it at the neck joint. Whilst the head is actually on a ball joint, for some reason it is glued, hence why you can't move it. If you move it hard enough, you'll break the bond from the glue and can move the head freely.

Are you sure about that? I've seen this type of tight ball joint before, it seems the plastic somehow 'binds' and makes it difficult to move. It looks to me like the head was designed to move on the ball.

xpl0sive's might be like that but mine isn't, my endo's ball joint works just like all other ball jointed hot toys, if it's glued or stuck it's not supposed to be.

Never realized how lucky I've been with my figures so far, only real issue I've had was my Enterbay Joker had a one leg longer then the other problem and that's easily sorted.

Just ordered him from Comics America. $480 shipped. Best price I could find anywhere at this point. That's what I get for passing earlier though.

Let me know how yours is...mine cant hold its gun straight. Hes got a pretty loose shoulder/arm joint

If you look at the inside of the elbow joint, and the back of the shoulder joint, you will see the head of a screw... just tighten that a little... don't over do it, just a quarter turn at a time and then test it to see how much it has stiffened up.

Are you sure about that? I've seen this type of tight ball joint before, it seems the plastic somehow 'binds' and makes it difficult to move. It looks to me like the head was designed to move on the ball.

Not sure man, but mine would only move at the neck joint so I assumed it was supposed to be like that, but eventually while playing around with it, it 'broke free', but didn't seem like anything was broken. Sideshow asked me to destroy the figure to get a refund due to a defect with it, and it wasn't until I did that, that I noticed a bit of a white-ish haze on the ball joint, so I assumed that was residue from glue. It does seem rather silly to glue it but I can only make assumptions based on what I saw, and several people here mentioned they couldn't move the head on the ball joint, so that also made me think it was glued.

Not sure man, but mine would only move at the neck joint so I assumed it was supposed to be like that, but eventually while playing around with it, it 'broke free', but didn't seem like anything was broken. Sideshow asked me to destroy the figure to get a refund due to a defect with it, and it wasn't until I did that, that I noticed a bit of a white-ish haze on the ball joint, so I assumed that was residue from glue. It does seem rather silly to glue it but I can only make assumptions based on what I saw, and several people here mentioned they couldn't move the head on the ball joint, so that also made me think it was glued.

Interesting... as I said earlier, once I freed mine, I was testing the movement and the head popped off the ball, which in turn snapped the two thin pistons that run from the shoulder area to the base of the skull. I wonder if Hot Toys realised that might happen and so they put a spot of glue on it?

My initial glue fix came apart again so I used a fine drill bit to drill the ends of the broken part and superglued in a small length of thin brass rod (about 0.9mm) for a strong fix.

Mine was stuck as well. Not sure if it was glued, but I was well aware the head was on a ball joint, so I applied a little pressure, there was a little crack sound and it came loose. I just assumed it was a tacky, stuck joint like when a figure is packaged and the joints get hot and kinda fuse together a bit due to the heat.

My second Exclusive just arrived and its a beauty. Best part was the price, $425. Mucho thanks to yodasan.

How do folks,

I'm new to the forum so do let me know of any hidden rules if I break any. I was going to ask firstly if anyone might know where or if anyone is selling off parts from the Endo online as my figure arrived with one of the rear neck pistons napped.

I had thought about reconstructing one up in virtual 3d and have shapeways print it, but this seems a bit of a faf.

Would sending it back be a realistic option? I received mine from Forbidden Planet.

Back