Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I'll bother. Someone said they caused damage doing it and I don't care enough about the mod to want to risk that. Its not like it would do all that much to make this look more like the T1 endo - there'd still be other innaccuracies that I can do nothing about so I might aswell keep the figure stock.

Yeah, that´s my second thought too.
Maybe not having the patience for really levering the pins SO slowly that it´s save. I lost my patience years ago.^^

Only thing I´ll prolly do is "remove" the lava on this, cause it´s utter nonsense and then maybe add a partially molten tri-cycle.
:wink1:

Only thing I´ll prolly do is "remove" the lava on this, cause it´s utter nonsense and then maybe add a partially molten tri-cycle.
:wink1:

Not fussed about the base all that much but a tri-cycle sounds like a good idea.

Beautiful shots. As for the hoses I actually just did that! Non-invasive and low-risk as it turned out.

Awesome pictures, man.
You gonna do more, cause those addictive.
:lol
:hi5:

Not fussed about the base all that much but a tri-cycle sounds like a good idea.

I know, right?!

Beautiful shots. As for the hoses I actually just did that! Non-invasive and low-risk as it turned out.

Really?
Gotta take a look at mine end of the coming month...

Cheers. Will do. ;)

HT QC was definitely not there.
I fixed a huge gap here :

gap.png

I had to cut out plastic like a butcher within a 3 mm gap !! *mad* Then remove the piece and put it back like it should be from the beginning.

Other than that, great looking piece. Diecast parts feel great.
My only nitpick : the endoskull is too narrow and slightly underscale.

Last edited:
Really?
Gotta take a look at mine end of the coming month...

Yeah it was easy. Someone else pointed it out earlier too. Where the hoses disappear inside the main body of the endo you can just pull them out, move them to the outside of the collar-pistons and then reinsert....its impossible to use the word 'reinsert' without anticipating a sex joke.

Cheers. Will do. ;)

HT QC was definitely not there.
I fixed a huge gap here :

gap.png

I had to cut out plastic like a butcher within a 3 mm gap !! *mad* Then remove the piece and put it back like it should be from the beginning.

Other than that, great looking piece. Diecast parts feel great.
My only nitpick : the endoskull is too narrow and slightly underscale.

You had to CUT this red area, did I get that right?!?!?
:horror

Yeah it was easy. Someone else pointed it out earlier too. Where the hoses disappear inside the main body of the endo you can just pull them out, move them to the outside of the collar-pistons and then reinsert....its impossible to use the word 'reinsert' without anticipating a sex joke.

Good to know, thx brother.

No, the red line purpose is to show where the gap was. ;)

Since the chest is made from multiple pieces, I removed the plastic bits (from the piece below the red line) that was supposed to fit inside the chest.

Congrats The Skull.

Just got mine too !

post-13-0-65471900-1369419863.jpg

EDIT : Oh BTW, I'm not impressed by the packaging. I think the endoskull on the box is quite cheap actually.

Thanks bro:hi5:

I'm so stoked to have this piece, My new all time favorate, I'm in love:love

I'll likely be creating a youtube review over the weekend, I will be sure to post it here:wink1:

Uhm, guys?
Has anyone EVER seen THIS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07Ad1ET59Q

THAT has to be the coolest thing I´ve EVER seen and I´m gonna ask him asap what´s the price of it...

How does $9000 sound?
Thats what is was around 1year ago.
He did another version for about $2000 with less features.
Based on a M1 kit. So head is slightly smaller than 1:1.
I agree with the over bite. All that work that went into it and messed up that small detail. Still a cool piece and good effort.

Any comparison pic of ow the hoses come in box and how they should be modified? My Endo is still on pre-order so don't have it in hand. Pics by David show how they are modified?

Found:

Pic courtesy of Karnis - unmodified hoses:

DSCN0846_zpsa4790f72.jpg

Pic courtesy of David - modified hose:

8818892690_bbb2a1d837_o.jpg

How does $9000 sound?
Thats what is was around 1year ago.
He did another version for about $2000 with less features.
Based on a M1 kit. So head is slightly smaller than 1:1.
I agree with the over bite. All that work that went into it and messed up that small detail. Still a cool piece and good effort.

Absolutely, bug to cut it short...it soundy REALLY "Ouch".

Cool as it is it'd be a definite pass.

2nd this.

Nice pics, I edited one to show what I'm thinking about doing to my endo (maybe). Thoughts?
The teeth are the main issue I have with this fig...

Nice pics, I edited one to show what I'm thinking about doing to my endo (maybe). Thoughts?
The teeth are the main issue I have with this fig...

It's not just the teeth the whole head is inaccurate. Too small and too thin and the neck is way too long.

57800pxt2jdwestinghouse.jpg

terminator_2.jpg

Beefy looking with a pronounced wide jawline thats how the head should look. I mean its not a bad effort its just not accurate and thats what kills it for me.

Last edited:
Back