Hot Toys/PS4 TOYSOUL 1/6 Scale Shock Trooper - Star Wars: Battlefront Exclusive.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is supposed to be an OT Stormtrooper repainted to resemble a shock trooper...that's accurate to the game. Where's the let down :huh

Well, I do not play video games, I collect the toys. So for me it is a let down because it does not represent the shock troopers from ROTS.

Where does the new canon stand on video games? Can we assume any licensed toys are part of the canon?

It's a bit of a grey area that they haven't addressed directly. Some of the units and settings are canon (ie. they worked with LFL to get the look of Sullust to what they wanted), but obviously the hero character appearances and the like are not canon. The tie-in book Battlefront Twilight Company is definitely canon.

I do believe Battlefront technically makes the Shadow Trooper canon for those keeping score at home. The Shock Trooper was actually already canon thanks to the Star Wars Commander mobile game. So, thanks LFL/Disney canon team. (As an EU fan, this all feels so arbitrary and unnecessary).

With 450 pieces only, plus seemingly no way to order, it's a safe bet I'll never be able to snag this guy.

Oddly enough, I've always reeeally disliked EU variations of the troopers, but after playing Battlefront, I can't help but want both this and the ShadowTrooper.

Still no news on this guy?
I'm all in for this guy myself, just surprised there appears to be no info out there on him.

Still no news on this guy?
I'm all in for this guy myself, just surprised there appears to be no info out there on him.

From what I understand there were/will be only 450 made, with 100 and change at the Toysoul show and the rest PO from there. So it's unlikely we'll be seeing these any time soon. I'm sure a few people will resell a handful, but that's about it.

It's a bit of a grey area that they haven't addressed directly. Some of the units and settings are canon (ie. they worked with LFL to get the look of Sullust to what they wanted), but obviously the hero character appearances and the like are not canon. The tie-in book Battlefront Twilight Company is definitely canon.

I do believe Battlefront technically makes the Shadow Trooper canon for those keeping score at home. The Shock Trooper was actually already canon thanks to the Star Wars Commander mobile game. So, thanks LFL/Disney canon team. (As an EU fan, this all feels so arbitrary and unnecessary).

Thanks for the rundown!

forum.php

forum.php

Not only is the Shocktrooper getting a wide release, but they're a making a BattleFront series of figures.

EA Star Wars Battlefront had been one of the most sough-after Star Wars games of 2015 with 12 million copies sold since its release in November and it was even nominated for the Best Shooter game in The Game Awards 2015! Fans were very excited to get the chance to play as a wide variety of Star Wars characters in this beautiful looking game! As a big Star Wars fans, Hot Toys is thrilled to be creating a series of 1/6th scale collectibles based on this stunning game!

To kick start this new Star Wars collectible series, we are delighted to officially present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of a unique Imperial trooper from the game – the Shock Trooper!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Shock Trooper in Star Wars Battlefront featuring the meticulously crafted armor and helmet, the distinctive red and white color paint on armor with weathering effects, detailed weapons and a newly designed equipment backpack, and a desert-themed figure stand!

Star Wars fans don’t pass up on the opportunity to add this Shock Trooper to your display!

More Hot Toys collectibles based on Star Wars Battlefront will be coming soon, so please stay tuned!

From Hot Toys' Facebook:

EA Star Wars Battlefront had been one of the most sough-after Star Wars games of 2015 with 12 million copies sold since its release in November and it was even nominated for the Best Shooter game in The Game Awards 2015! Fans were very excited to get the chance to play as a wide variety of Star Wars characters in this beautiful looking game! As a big Star Wars fans, Hot Toys is thrilled to be creating a series of 1/6th scale collectibles based on this stunning game!

To kick start this new Star Wars collectible series, we are delighted to officially present the 1/6th scale collectible figure of a unique Imperial trooper from the game – the Shock Trooper!

The highly-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Shock Trooper in Star Wars Battlefront featuring the meticulously crafted armor and helmet, the distinctive red and white color paint on armor with weathering effects, detailed weapons and a newly designed equipment backpack, and a desert-themed figure stand!

Star Wars fans don’t pass up on the opportunity to add this Shock Trooper to your display!

More Hot Toys collectibles based on Star Wars Battlefront will be coming soon, so please stay tuned!

#StarWars #StarWarsBattlefront #Imperial #ShockTrooper

image.jpeg

Back