Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys: Prometheus

well then, who layed the egg that the Giger facehugger came out of? :dunno

well then, who layed the egg that the Giger facehugger came out of? :dunno
Who laid the egg?
You mean what Alien created it through egg-morphing? Or which Jockey created it in a lab?

In Alien..there was no Queen. There was only Egg-morphing. It's in the deleted scenes.

could just be that one of those eggs they had stored in the ship for whatever reason got loose and latched on to the SJ. Although with that weird ass head/face I dont see how.

Looks like I'll have to re-watch the first one since I don't remember much from it. Has there been pics of the Space Jockey's yet or will the ending be some sort of twist like Charlize being the space jockey?:lol

Who laid the egg?
You mean what Alien created it through egg-morphing? Or which Jockey created it in a lab?

In Alien..there was no Queen. There was only Egg-morphing. It's in the deleted scenes.

what's egg morphing? So your suggesting that the eggs in Alien were made in a lab by SJ's? I know there was no Queen in Alien; what I was suggesting is that Queen type Aliens might originate from the chestburster of a SJ. It would explain why they're so big.

could just be that one of those eggs they had stored in the ship for whatever reason got loose and latched on to the SJ. Although with that weird ass head/face I dont see how.

could be, I guess we'll find out.

It's been stated that the fossilized creature you see in Alien is actually just a suit..the real Space Jockey is inside it. So we don't really know how their faces look, although I hope it is very similar to the suit.

Looks like I'll have to re-watch the first one since I don't remember much from it. Has there been pics of the Space Jockey's yet or will the ending be some sort of twist like Charlize being the space jockey?:lol
There was a pic released that shows a few of the Prometheus crew members in a gigeresque chamber (possibly the Derelict), and a large, Jockey-shaped creature dead on the ground next to them.

what's egg morphing? So your suggesting that the eggs in Alien were made in a lab by SJ's? I know there was no Queen in Alien; what I was suggesting is that Queen type Aliens might originate from the chestburster of a SJ. It would explain why they're so big.
You've never heard of egg-morphing?!

It was the idea of how the eggs form, before Cameron introduced the Queen.

There's a deleted scene in Alien that shows Ripley in a small, dark part of the Nostromo looking at Brett and Dallas stuck up on the walls..you can see that Brett is almost fully transformed into an egg, and Dallas still has a little way to go..I believe he tells her to kill him.

The idea was that the Alien would take live/dead prey and somehow morph them into an egg..I guess with the weird stuff they secrete.

Here's the scene:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUaH9KzH1s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUaH9KzH1s[/ame]

The reason I said those specific eggs could have been created by the Jockeys is because in the leaked "fake" script for Prometheus, it says that the Xenomorphs are one of the Jockeys' most dangerous weapons..that they created them.

There's a deleted scene in Alien that shows Ripley in a small, dark part of the Nostromo looking at Brett and Dallas stuck up on the walls..you can see that Brett is almost fully transformed into an egg, and Dallas still has a little way to go..I believe he tells her to kill him.

The idea was that the Alien would take live/dead prey and somehow morph them into an egg..I guess with the weird stuff they secrete.

Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUaH9KzH1s

The reason I said those specific eggs could have been created by the Jockeys is because in the leaked "fake" script for Prometheus, it says that the Xenomorphs are one of the Jockeys' most dangerous weapons..that they created them.

hmmm, interesting, I guess we'll see. I've never seen that scene before. The egg morphing thing is kind of confusing though, cause the general fan base is prolly under the assumption that eggs come from Queens (A2,AVP,A-R), so I don't think the general public would get that concept and it doesn't really explain where Facehuggers themselves come from.

Last edited:

I like this idea much better than the Queen..it's far more original, unique, gigeresque..I will always love the Queen though.

As for the Facehugger thing, I assume it just forms inside the egg or somthing.. Not a big issue to me.

There better not be any Queens in this movie..

I don't see why a Jockey-bursted Xeno would be an egg-layer..the size makes sense though.

I'm with you, I wouldn't want to see any Queens in the film. And let's face it, it's unlikely that such a thing will happen, especially since Ridley is insisting that the emphasis of the movie isn't on the xenomorphs. Plus the first Alien originally suggested a Queen-free life cycle.

Just for fun though, there is a certain trait that the Jockeys and Queen share: telepathy. Setting aside Ridley's words and the events of the original film, it would make sense for whatever comes out of the Jockeys to possess some of their abilities.

hmmm, interesting, I guess we'll see. I've never seen that scene before. The egg morphing thing is kind of confusing though, cause the general fan base is prolly under the assumption that eggs come from Queens (A2,AVP,A-R), so I don't think the general public would get that concept and it doesn't really explain where Facehuggers themselves come from.

I think the idea required two people, hence Dallas was unharmed while Brett was killed. The latter would serve as the egg/source of the parasite, and the former would serve as the host. I prefer this to the Queen as well; gives the Alien a much darker, more disturbing edge. It also proves how perfect and self-reliable an organism it is. According to the first movie, one Alien can easily run the whole show and ensure the survival of its species, whereas the second movie requires the presence of another Alien.

well according to Ridley, the Alien is a hermaphrodite, so it reproduces on it's own because it's life cycle is so short. For anyone that doesn't know, the SJ in Alien was 26ft tall; I don't expect the film to solely focus on SJ's, but again, we'll see, we don't know much yet.

Actually, think about structural re-purposing/modification. The tentacle things on the bottom around the human cocoon (or "egg") is actually intestines, with the Face Hugger being the remains of the spine (body/tail), ribcage ("fingers"), and lungs (small breathing sack thingies) of the host. :horror :yuck

This to me is FAR more creepy and horrifying than a simple egg that is laid. :lecture

Here's the scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJUaH9KzH1s

That's just your theory, it was never officially explained that way. The ALIEN could have been converting them into food for all we know.

well according to Ridley, the Alien is a hermaphrodite, so it reproduces on it's own because it's life cycle is so short. For anyone that doesn't know, the SJ in Alien was 26ft tall; I don't expect the film to solely focus on SJ's, but again, we'll see, we don't know much yet.

They might have a life cycle of hundreds of years for all we know.

Actually, think about structural re-purposing/modification. The tentacle things on the bottom around the human cocoon (or "egg") is actually intestines, with the Face Hugger being the remains of the spine (body/tail), ribcage ("fingers"), and lungs (small breathing sack thingies) of the host. :horror :yuck

This to me is FAR more creepy and horrifying than a simple egg that is laid. :lecture

could be. I just looked through the Alien book earlier, and I remember Ridley said something like the SJ's would use animals as hosts, so that could explain that I suppose. The only thing in the book that he never explained was what happened to the Alien that bursted out of the SJ. There is some info about the culture of the SJ in the book.

The egg morphing scene was cut out because they decided against adding that part of the life cycle to the alien.

It's on the quadrology set.

I think they explained it that the alien could convert prey into eggs when they had no more eggs to I plant the host with.

Of course the question remains then as to where the face hugger came from.

Did the Alien secrete another embryo into the humans as they became eggs? If so that becomes somewhat predalien like.

Back