Hot Toys: Prometheus - MOVIE SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What? No engineer? :(

Like I've been mentioning on the DC forums under "The Bat" topic,

Mark OSR posted a picture of him with HT's Howard on the one sixth republic facebook group page. Under the comments section people started asking him to talk to Howard about some of HT's plans.

In response he posted that the first figure coming from the HT Prometheus line would be one of the female characters.

This is just based off of his post, but he's been pretty spot on most of the time and has interviewed Howard in the past.

I tried linking directly to the comments but the new FB layout for pictures kind of stinks in that regard.

It's probably Shaw. Too bad the first figure isn't David or an Engineer.

Which btw I think all we'll get from this line are those three; Shaw, David and the Engineer. I wonder though if HT will make several versions of the Engineer (flight suit, exo-armor and/or creator Engineer)?

The only thing about the Engineer is that his suit will probably be rubber. :-(

Whoever it is, I think that's the only figure we're getting. Unless they cancel it.

Hope it's Noomi. Charlize had rather poor acting as Vickers and I didn't care for her all that much. Would still definitely purchase a figure of her if they made one though.

I said this a while back, and I'll say it again... If the first figure is Shaw this will be a 1 or 2 and done line.

They should start with an Engineer first, or another aesthetically interesting character. Even the Deacon. Starting with a Shaw solicitation would likely not generate a lot of momentum and enthusiasm. They probably have at least 1 other figure in the works, though, and we'll get that. But unless Shaw sells like hotcakes (which I doubt) this line may not go very far. :(

Hot toys would make a huge error if the first figure is not the Engineer or David. I really doubt the first Hot Toys figure announced with be Shaw or Vickers. Hot toys has disappointed with some of their lines like stopping the Alien line and not doing Reese or a Battle Damaged T2, but they are smart enough to know the huge fan base for Michael Fassbender and his character David or Shaw or Vickers. Also, all Alien fans have been dying for the Space Jockey/ Enginneer to appear on screen again

I'd prefer for David to be first. Then we would get an engineer and a SDCC battle damaged-deacon bursting engineer.

Oy, back to the Vickers nonsense. I would buy her, but only after Shaw, David and an Engineer. She is just a secondary character, even if the actress was the best known cast member. Ignoring Elizabeth Shaw is just disrespecting the film.

Hot toys would make a huge error if the first figure is not the Engineer or David. I really doubt the first Hot Toys figure announced with be Shaw or Vickers. Hot toys has disappointed with some of their lines like stopping the Alien line and not doing Reese or a Battle Damaged T2, but they are smart enough to know the huge fan base for Michael Fassbender and his character David or Shaw or Vickers. Also, all Alien fans have been dying for the Space Jockey/ Enginneer to appear on screen again

100 percent agree! Not exactly a good way to kick off a new line. :exactly:

Well I think it's obvious that we're getting Dr. Shaw. My question is...what is she going to come with?

Obviously the space suit, but are we going to get any of the aliens associated with her?

My ultimate display, would be a kick@$$ HT 1/6 Dr. Shaw, alongside an equally impressive 1/6 Ripley --> :)pray:), with some smaller scale associated movie pieces as secondary display pieces behind them.

I've already got a great NECA Alien, would love to have the Engineer in flight suit alongside Liz.. :cool:

Back