Hot Toys Princess Leia (Bespin Gown)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head doesn?t bother me as much as the clothing does. That is a serious bait and switch. Hopefully(and I?m sure it will) it will look a little better in hand.

cce65bcdf8aa957e0ec574ac54f1d1b4.jpg
d61efc11e494442b9d472b7f6662fa71.jpg
2b49991e58d5c676c02973b8cebc86e2.jpg
e7c1c2ae7f83d7b714f09da3b4342da4.jpg
2a87717513035a5f4d31a24cd736043f.jpg
8afe741eafab0d2bbdc43b6b8172a88d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far in the photos we've seen, the portrait is looking less like her than previous versions from HT. It definitely does not look like the prototype.

C'mon videos...

Looks like an alien wtf, eye area too big, chin too small and the sculpt looks so soft. :( hopefully the Endor sculpt turns out better

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

yeah i guess these don't photograph well. but in hand it looks different i bought one anyways always liked this look from the movie as it`s a different look for here character even if it was for a few brief scenes. maybe we can get a lobot some time down the the stretch. maybe we should do another poll for character wish list or something

I'm like "holy **** I can't believe they made a Leia in Bespin outfit!"

Everyone else is like "holy **** what a piece of ****!"

:lol

At this price, and the supreme lack of accessories for this version of Leia, that headsculpt needed to be knocked out of the park. That was the only way I was dropping $370AU for her.
Although I don't know what accessories you could give this version of Leia, unless they added another body/outfit for the Bespin Escape motif.

I have a feeling lens choice is playing with the facial proportions to some degree - too early to tell. Many are saying that the prod head looks thinner than the proto but if you compare them in some pics it alomst seems to be the reverse. Also, some heat from a hair dryer and a bit of squeeze might fatten up the face a bit too.

This is proto on left, prod on right - the prod looks more rounded to me, the proto thinner. It's hard to find exact angle matches, also the proto seems to be almost exclusively shot with the head tilted downward, whereas most of the prod pics have the head angled up more.

1IV22iO.png

At this price, and the supreme lack of accessories for this version of Leia, that headsculpt needed to be knocked out of the park. That was the only way I was dropping $370AU for her.
Although I don't know what accessories you could give this version of Leia, unless they added another body/outfit for the Bespin Escape motif.

You can't get 1/6 figures for anything less than this price - it's kind of the starting point these days. Some US online retailers even have it for under $200.

A tote box with some 3PO pieces would have been nice (about the only accessory I can think of) but it would be another accessory nobody used.

The dining room door would have been slightly better backdrop imo rather than the wall, but maybe other bespin figs will come with walls as well that you link up or something.

And my guess is that Hot Toys will announce a Bespin Escape version just as everyone has bought their $90-100 extra Leia head, $50 worth of parts of the Hoth outfit, $20 for a weapon plus $30 for a decent eBay body... the same $200 the Bespin Escape version will be, but the HT version will come with the backdrop and a slightly revised (improved) headsculpt. :lol

I?d still say this sculpt looks a hair better than the Hoth version, but both suffered some drop off from the proto. But the Hoth figure didn?t suffer too much on the outfit whereas this on the other hand ...

Or it could just be another case of JC Hong's paints making the sculpt look a lot better than it probably was. I wouldn't be surprised if Endor Leia turns out exactly the same, given they all appear to come from the same underlying sculpt.

I had and sold the hoth leia as I would this one more. The hoth sculpt looked great in real life and I’m sure that it was different to th prototype. The prompt is always better. Hopefully this will look great in person too

1st in hand pics released with mediocre pictures.

Select freaks predictably think sky is falling.

Good to see things are running right on schedule,

mine has shipped today from HK to Australia.
Looking forward to getting her in hand.
My fav version of Leia from ALL the movies.

Back