Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure that those who feel the need to trash Wicket don?t have him in hand. It?s no doubt one of HTs prime achievements.

He's a little furry marvel.

So wicket is a success. If hot toys were interested in making money and not regurgitating the same old figures and sculpts, they can definitely make a Wampa, new Chewbacca, more Ewoks (a 2 pack would sell).
If they can do a hulk buster, they can do a Wampa. I know the Wampa is a limited market, but a hoth luke Wampa 2 pack would be incredible. Pipe dreams.

:lecture

I have Wicket in hand & am surprised everyone loves him so much stock. The face & belly are way too clean, even on the ones with some darker fur added & his hood is usually way too dark in spots, some do look better than others. When you compare the packaging photos to what?s inside, the contrast may become clear. Let?s not forget what Wicket looked like in the ROTJ. At least he can be darkened & his proportions & articulation are excellent though. 0D6A3656-1630-4E3B-936E-06D09D81E67A.jpg

I have Wicket in hand & am surprised everyone loves him so much stock. The face & belly are way too clean, even on the ones with some darker fur added & his hood is usually way too dark in spots, some do look better than others. When you compare the packaging photos to what?s inside, the contrast may become clear. Let?s not forget what Wicket looked like in the ROTJ. At least he can be darkened & his proportions & articulation are excellent though. View attachment 491607

Yeah, I'm definitely somewhere in the middle on it, though mine won't be here for maybe another 2 weeks. Some pics it looks pretty great but others it looks like a Disney plush Wicket and not at all like the character onscreen. I do think too that even in the best pics it doesn't quite match his facial look and proportions, but I just keep thinking it's way better than the HT Chewies.

Yeah, I'm definitely somewhere in the middle on it, though mine won't be here for maybe another 2 weeks. Some pics it looks pretty great but others it looks like a Disney plush Wicket and not at all like the character onscreen. I do think too that even in the best pics it doesn't quite match his facial look and proportions, but I just keep thinking it's way better than the HT Chewies.

His headwear isn't the spot on correct color and the lighter colored fur isn't quite dark enough but if this figure doesn't impress you I don't really know what to say. It far exceeded my expectations.

I'm still trying to decide whether I care enough to try to darken some of his fur closer to that pretty iconic pic of Wicket that was on the cover of coloring books and other promo stuff.

His headwear isn't the spot on correct color and the lighter colored fur isn't quite dark enough but if this figure doesn't impress you I don't really know what to say. It far exceeded my expectations.

I'm still trying to decide whether I care enough to try to darken some of his fur closer to that pretty iconic pic of Wicket that was on the cover of coloring books and other promo stuff.

Well, it's partly due to the fact I was exploring ways of doing 1/6 Ewoks in the year before they announced Wicket, and will still likely do at least one "tall" Ewok.

But this one is a bit like Chewy - it looks slightly wonky in terms of a side-by-side pic with onscreen Chewy, but as a fully furred 1/6 representation, and just as a 1/6 achievement (ie I never thought we'd ever see a 1/6 furred Chewy, let alone a Wicket,) especially for a mass-produced item, these rarely fail to impress especially in-hand. It's just sooo cool to have a furred, articulated wookie or ewok in your hand.

It's like with the head mods to Chewy - every time I get up some momentum to redo the head, I take it out and look at it (esp if its one of my better Chewies - I have three) and go "eh, I guess it actually looks pretty okay." Whether that's settling, getting used to it or just 1/6 exhaustion I'm never sure.:lol

Well, it's partly due to the fact I was exploring ways of doing 1/6 Ewoks in the year before they announced Wicket, and will still likely do at least one "tall" Ewok.

But this one is a bit like Chewy - it looks slightly wonky in terms of a side-by-side pic with onscreen Chewy, but as a fully furred 1/6 representation, and just as a 1/6 achievement (ie I never thought we'd ever see a 1/6 furred Chewy, let alone a Wicket,) especially for a mass-produced item, these rarely fail to impress especially in-hand. It's just sooo cool to have a furred, articulated wookie or ewok in your hand.

It's like with the head mods to Chewy - every time I get up some momentum to redo the head, I take it out and look at it (esp if its one of my better Chewies - I have three) and go "eh, I guess it actually looks pretty okay." Whether that's settling, getting used to it or just 1/6 exhaustion I'm never sure.:lol

To be clear my comment wasn't directed at you specifically, it was more of a general statement about how good a figure Wicket really is. Darken the fur and recolor the headdress if you need to, but it's a very impressive figure right out of the box when you think about an articulated, furred, wonky shaped Ewok.

As a figure I do think it's more impressive and a better likeness than Chewie. Despite the minor-ish shortcomings I do also like the ANH Chewie too though.

So wicket is a success. If hot toys were interested in making money and not regurgitating the same old figures and sculpts, they can definitely make a Wampa, new Chewbacca, more Ewoks (a 2 pack would sell).
If they can do a hulk buster, they can do a Wampa. I know the Wampa is a limited market, but a hoth luke Wampa 2 pack would be incredible. Pipe dreams.
Damn straight it's a success. I whole heartedly agree with you. A 1/6 Wampa is another dream item, like the upcoming Rancor. Although if Sideshow completes the big characters with a Wampa, it'd be a non furred statue. I can't imagine Hot Toys would ever make one, but it'd be a masterpiece. And the idea of having it come with a roaring original head, and a slightly open mouthed special edition head (w/Tauntaun carcass accessory) would be stellar. If only one, I'd opt for the special edition version.

Which Ewoks would you go with? For many reasons, I say Logray is definitely #2 behind Wicket. I'm sure most fans would go for a Teebo. Besides Logray, I'd be thrilled with him, or a Chief Chirpa, Lumat, Graak or Leektar. I know the last three are 100% an impossibly. Paploo is more of a possibility with the speeder bike scene. But I'd take (just about) any Ewok that'd get made. Anyways, it's all a pipe dream like you said.

To be clear my comment wasn't directed at you specifically, it was more of a general statement about how good a figure Wicket really is. Darken the fur and recolor the headdress if you need to, but it's a very impressive figure right out of the box when you think about an articulated, furred, wonky shaped Ewok.

As a figure I do think it's more impressive and a better likeness than Chewie. Despite the minor-ish shortcomings I do also like the ANH Chewie too though.

Very much agree

Well, with PC shipping soon I'm going to have the Wicket in-hand experience soon.:yess:

And it's also possible there's some noticeable variation w/Wicket too where some look better than others - I have three Chewies and one of them is really noticeably better than the other two.

Damn straight it's a success. I whole heartedly agree with you. A 1/6 Wampa is another dream item, like the upcoming Rancor. Although if Sideshow completes the big characters with a Wampa, it'd be a non furred statue. I can't imagine Hot Toys would ever make one, but it'd be a masterpiece. And the idea of having it come with a roaring original head, and a slightly open mouthed special edition head (w/Tauntaun carcass accessory) would be stellar. If only one, I'd opt for the special edition version.

Which Ewoks would you go with? For many reasons, I say Logray is definitely #2 behind Wicket. I'm sure most fans would go for a Teebo. Besides Logray, I'd be thrilled with him, or a Chief Chirpa, Lumat, Graak or Leektar. I know the last three are 100% an impossibly. Paploo is more of a possibility with the speeder bike scene. But I'd take (just about) any Ewok that'd get made. Anyways, it's all a pipe dream like you said.

There is just no way HT will do other Ewoks, as much as I'd love to have a half dozen. There just aren't any other "star" ewoks - sure us fans can rattle off all the Kenner names but I just can't imagine HT stooping to that. They do stuff like the gonk, but that's more an accessory to sell a very pricey Jawa. The other Ewoks are taller than Wicket too - maybe they could mod the Jawa body, but if they were all Wicket's size I could see more Ewoks (ie just with a fur color change) but they aren't.

Im impressed with Wicket. Leia, on the other hand not so much.
View attachment 491672

Dang, I think it's HT best Leia yet. The exposed arm joints without the poncho is the only thing holding her back, to me.

Though I agree with earlier posts that an alternate head/expression showing more of her personality would have been welcome.

It's a pity HT decided to give Luke a totally different looking base.

Back