Hot Toys Princess Leia and Wicket Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Leia looks pretty great; Wicket less so, but hopeful for the in hand experience to be better. I'm not bothered by Leia's joints, I don't know why everyone is so surprised, they were shown in promo pics as having joints. If I did anything I'd just do an arm swap, I'd rather deal with that than clothing another body and who knows how well they'd fit.

And in reference to the pics using Sideshow pieces. the AotC Yoda's blogger photos had one of him sitting in the SSC Jedi Chamber chair, so it's been done before. Other figures in pics are one thing, but I am annoyed when they do include other accessories that could possibly be included with the figure in the blogger pics. It's been a long time since HT surprise included pieces for a figure, but it has happened. Like that pic of her holding the big rifle, I had to double check whether or not she came with that.

I give you guys credit, I genuinely don’t know how y’all can live with a wife who complains about your collecting if it doesn’t bring any financial hardships.

For me, I view is as the equivalent of hating a part of who you are.

I give you guys credit, I genuinely don?t know how y?all can live with a wife who complains about your collecting if it doesn?t bring any financial hardships.

Some guys are lucky when choosing a wife, some smuggle toys with precision.

Ewoks. Easily.

Little fur bastards took down the empire with sticks and stones. That Sandcrawler stands no chance against a giant log that 3 foot tall Teddy Bears somehow cut down and hoisted up :lecture

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Jawas might have those blasters but are still kinda panicky and easily frightened, so the Ewoks could just pop up in huge numbers out of nowhere and pummel them all with rocks or spear them to death. Lol

Timewalker still has this for preorder for $405 shipped with no tax. Probably as cheap as it will be found.

I give you guys credit, I genuinely don?t know how y?all can live with a wife who complains about your collecting if it doesn?t bring any financial hardships.

Exactly.
That last point.
Ive had so many fights over this very issue.

She wants a new bathroom which is going to cost $3000. I flat out said no way. Then I remembered I just received 2 krennic figures, a bunch of vintage items, ordered a second ht r2, and I am about to get done dirty with a $300 Jawa and plastic box. I will let her get the bathroom just in case she ever finds about my smuggling career.
Btw, my 13 year old has become a great accomplice. He gets home first from school and knows to hide dad?s toys in the basement before mom sees anything.

That?s awesome!

tenor.gif

I ordered at Alter Ego, first order there and someone referred me so got it there for $405 also. I'm guessing it'll be like late July before retailers get this? War Machine Punisher was April 7 release and I've already received that from Timewalker last week. So maybe even mid-July.

Both look very good. Wicket is adorable.
The DST helmet is much too small isn?t it? Wonder if it?s smaller than on the proto DST they showed back in the old days?
b7424f46bb685ecd86c9652e9cc75330.jpg

I ordered at Alter Ego, first order there and someone referred me so got it there for $405 also. I'm guessing it'll be like late July before retailers get this? War Machine Punisher was April 7 release and I've already received that from Timewalker last week. So maybe even mid-July.

I think Mudtrooper should ship in the next 2-3 weeks and yeah I would hope this set to ship mid to late July.

Thanks for posting the pics Asta! Leia looks solid as you would expect and Wicket looks very good...I think about as good as you could expect a mass produced 1/6 Ewok covered in fur to be. I'm just glad he isn't a disaster to be honest.

I think I might use the extra Stormtrooper weathered helmet with the base pictured below
ef6c13c25b243bbc625d35c100e81039.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

The DST helmet looks a bit like the DX07 Vader/Luke face helmet - maybe 10-20% smaller than the eventual HT Vader helmet.

HT seems to like to make accessories either slightly undersized or noticeably undersized (the mouse droid, interrogation droid and Yoda's lamp were all noticeably too small.) I guess even Sideshow did get in on the act in the past too - the Obi-Wan's hut table and mynock were both undersized.

Thanks for posting the pics Asta! Leia looks solid as you would expect and Wicket looks very good...I think about as good as you could expect a mass produced 1/6 Ewok covered in fur to be. I'm just glad he isn't a disaster to be honest.

Wicket does look good in those photos, and there might be more variation in the light coloured fur than appeared before.

Plus they concealed the zip in the back better than they did in some of the films. :wink1:

Back