Hot Toys Prince of Persia Prince Dastan figure specs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be all over this one if it wasn't for the anatomical issues I don't like.

I opted out on DX Batman for the reason.

I will begin to refrain from mentioning the exact issues so as to not to detract for others who own him. I understand completely! :)

Last edited:
I finally saw Prince of Persia for the first time yesterday. I thought it was actually pretty good. I enjoyed the story, the bits of comedy, the special effects.

If you haven't seen this figure first-hand yet, it's truly awesome. And if you were a fan of the movie or if you enjoyed the game and you haven't yet ordered this, you're missing out.

See my pics below - more pics and info coming soon in my review soon.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0013-2.jpg

DSC_0014-2.jpg

DSC_0053.jpg

On a side note, I've got an extra Dastan MIB for sale & in-hand now - asking $150 delivered in the continental USA - see HERE.

my only beef with him is how AWFUL his boots look. is it just bad photography, or do they look as bad in person? are they flexable atleast, or are they solid?

they look about 4 sizes too big for him.

my only beef with him is how AWFUL his boots look. is it just bad photography, or do they look as bad in person? are they flexable atleast, or are they solid?

they look about 4 sizes too big for him.

The boots are just as bad in person otherwise, the outfit is really nice.

yeah - they're big and clumpy...but, as Gip says above, they look that way in the film, so it's 6 in one hand, 1/2 dozen in the other...

Personally, I'm just as impressed with this figure as I am the War Machine figure. Seriously. In-hand, Dastan is a truly impressive piece...and with two outfits, it just means more display options. Great figure truly.

yeah - they're big and clumpy...but, as Gip says above, they look that way in the film, so it's 6 in one hand, 1/2 dozen in the other...

Personally, I'm just as impressed with this figure as I am the War Machine figure. Seriously. In-hand, Dastan is a truly impressive piece...and with two outfits, it just means more display options. Great figure truly.

I don't have WM yet but I have Dastan. I'll agree, he is a good figure but I am hoping WM is a bit higher quality. Dastan's outfit / body is great the headsculpt could be better IMO.

i actually like the head sculpt a lot - it looks a lot more like JG in person than in photos.

Well that's the main thing really. Great photos still.

Anyone noticed they've kinda given him the 'wrong' swords?

Well that's the main thing really. Great photos still.

Anyone noticed they've kinda given him the 'wrong' swords?

see, I thought that as well, as in the movie, he has 2 similar, but different swards, with different hilts. one has more gold in it's making than the other.
these are the ones used in the movie:
https://img.costumecraze.com/images/vendors/disguise/11555-Dastan-Sword-large.jpg

https://www.lifeofsteel.com/images/pop1.jpg

But, I'm assuming HT went off of this poster in which he's holding 2 of the same sword:
Dastan.jpg

Yeah there seems to be a lot of conflicting images, I don't know waht is promotional image or not etc.

See, in this image you can clearly see swords with 2 different hilts (one of them like you have in the first link)

dastan-time.jpg

The sword they have given the figure I thought he mostly used singularly during the non-Alamut sections of the film.

notice too though in the film his fat gut is showing through the chest/belly armor while in the promo images/movie poster, his belly is completely covered by armor -- it's no doubt HT used the early promo/poster images to base this on -

Yet another reason to produce Princess Tamina -- to include these missing swords!

I have this coming in any time and I must admit, I'm not sure if I like this or not. I'll wait till I see it first hand though, but I honestly don't like the pics I'm seeing now.

Back