Hot Toys Predators Royce review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is more Don Flamenco

don_flamenco.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I read Crawford's review (before I even saw it was posted here), and the first thing I thought was, Is this guy paid off by Hot Toys? I mean, come on, that doesn't look like Brody. Like, at all. They got the nose down, but yikes, if Adam had sculpted him it would be dead-on. I think people let Hot Toys get away with murder sometimes. And yes, I saw the movie, in the theater no less.

Nice review....that defect about the shell straps has out me off buying the fig though. Typical HT products quality lacking in durability.

I read Crawford's review (before I even saw it was posted here), and the first thing I thought was, Is this guy paid off by Hot Toys? I mean, come on, that doesn't look like Brody. Like, at all. They got the nose down, but yikes, if Adam had sculpted him it would be dead-on. I think people let Hot Toys get away with murder sometimes. And yes, I saw the movie, in the theater no less.

Are we looking at the same figure, :dunno it looks virtually bang on the money to me, typical Brody hang-dog expression, slightly more 'roided-up' for the role as Mike pointed out... but that IS Brody.

Are we looking at the same figure, :dunno it looks virtually bang on the money to me, typical Brody hang-dog expression, slightly more 'roided-up' for the role as Mike pointed out... but that IS Brody.

My brother had the same reaction as Tick Tock - "doesn't look like yer man from King Kong" - I thought 'well it obviously looks enough like him for you to know who its supposed to be in the first place'. I dunno, its a funny case I suppose.

Were you about to call us droogies? :lol

(cant remember that guys name...)

It's close, I'll give you that. It's just...not quite there. It's the difference between your typical Hot Toys sculpt and an Adam sculpt. No one ever debates whether Adam's sculpts look like the actors he's trying to portray; the fact that people are discussing this means it's not dead-on. Maybe they're not able to get enough reference photos in North Korea and Hong Kong; it's hard to say what their issue is.

It would be about balancing their budget across their entire output of figures, where they deem it necessary to add extra value for us counterbalanced by where they feel they need to hold onto a certain profit margin, no?

While some characters have things like battledamage to supplement their clean looks and both are deemed equally important by us HT will include 2 heads. Likewise where a character like The Joker has different facial expressions that are equally important they try to get a few different heads made. However Royce doesn't really have any alternate looks or expressions that people would really value. Plus much as I liked him he probably won't be very memorable in the longterm except to the hardcore fans so HT probably didn't even consider providing 2 heads with this figure.

Good point :)

I also agree with your assessment about Royce. He was awesome in the movie, but in the long run it's the Preds that would be remembered in the long run.

Well, it could be the facial expression. But the sculpt is definitely Brody.

Who is this Adam of whom you speak?

I think he's referring to Imaresqd1. His Heath Ledger and Christian Bale sculpt are immaculate!

Well, it could be the facial expression. But the sculpt is definitely Brody.

Nope. The facial expression is actually pretty good for a Hot Toys sculpt. Looks very similar to Brody, just doesn't quite look exactly like him. Again, the difference between a Hot Toys sculpt and an Adam sculpt.

So, can this Adam sculpt Brody so we can compare the two? Or give a link if he has made one already.

Also, totally random side note, anyone know how to get your profile pic to show? For some reason even when I set my profile pic and everything else to public nothing shows.

Back