Hot Toys Predator question....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but then you got to ask yourself. After you have 10-15 figures, your "toy" collection is becoming a few thousand dollar investment.. At that point, what's the difference between buying 1 figure that you "really" want, versus buying two figures for the same price?
I say get over the hump and buy the figure for $400 if it is TRULY what you wan't and not just the completist inside getting the best of your judgement.

Yes, but the thing is, you won't spend the $400 in one fell swoop, or at least not in my case. I could buy one USD200 for a figure, and then take a couple of months before I'd be able to spend for another USD200 figure. So, it's not actually flawed to maximize your money, that is, unless one is collecting Predators exclusively, that is.

Sure how long will it be now before a new Hot Toys figure starts retail at $400??

Theres only 4 back catalogue figures I'd even consider - P2 Elder, Hicks, Apone and Vasquez, having missed all those. But theres always just too much new stuff coming out that means I couldn't even contemplate looking at ebay for them. Maybe when HT are done with the Terminator and Predator licenses, and I haven't latched onto something else, I'll try to fill in those gaps. If I wasn't spending money on anything else the ebay prices wouldn't be too damaging using Balsquat's rationale.

Back