Hot Toys Predator question....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's new, he's late in the game, and all of a sudden he should be banned because he didn't want to make more threads for older figures? CHILL. Pssh, these older figures could use some love anyway. Granted, common sense and some research was missing, but other than that he was in the right. You'd be just as pissed if he made yet another thread for questions like this.

I'd love to get my hands on a P2,P2 Elder, P1 and Wolf.
Wolf (at least the cleaner kit vers) shouldn't be too hard at a decent price. I'll probably wait to see what Classic Pred looks like before I pick up P1 unless it I find one under $300, but my only hope of ever owning a P2 or P2 Elder is if I win the lotto or HT releases a new version of both. As much as I love the characters and figures, I just can't justify paying $400 plus on a toy.

Wolf (at least the cleaner kit vers) shouldn't be too hard at a decent price. I'll probably wait to see what Classic Pred looks like before I pick up P1 unless it I find one under $300, but my only hope of ever owning a P2 or P2 Elder is if I win the lotto or HT releases a new version of both. As much as I love the characters and figures, I just can't justify paying $400 plus on a toy.

I agree. That's some serious money. I've only ever done that once, and I don't plan on doing it again.

Same here... I love my Celtic Pred so much :D. But the guy REALLY needs some friends. I'm thinking Scar and Chopper, and maybe AVP Elder if the price is right.

He's new, he's late in the game, and all of a sudden he should be banned because he didn't want to make more threads for older figures? CHILL. Pssh, these older figures could use some love anyway. Granted, common sense and some research was missing, but other than that he was in the right. You'd be just as pissed if he made yet another thread for questions like this.

You realize he bumped like 5 random threads in this section alone? he could of just started a new thread and combined all his "thoughts" in my post

maybe we gotta have an IQ test to join these days. Lotsa people here that are new and never acted like myself.... Kind of makes me sad to see what the board has gone to

Did Shai ever pick up any of the Preds? Cause wasn't 2007 was a great time to get in on the elder and P2?

That made me spew water out of my nose.:gah::rotfl

I could probably sell him a time machine, but he's probably better off buying the figure today for $500 than, buying my expensive time machine and then having to spend another $120 in 2007.

Your reasoning is flawed if you consider that in purchasing the Classic pred and Cleaner kit, you just spent about $400 on toys.

Lol for 2 figures though. I guess I should have said I can't justify $400 on a single figure. Even $300 for me is really pushing it.

True, but then you got to ask yourself. After you have 10-15 figures, your "toy" collection is becoming a few thousand dollar investment.. At that point, what's the difference between buying 1 figure that you "really" want, versus buying two figures for the same price?
I say get over the hump and buy the figure for $400 if it is TRULY what you wan't and not just the completist inside getting the best of your judgement.

Lol for 2 figures though. I guess I should have said I can't justify $400 on a single figure. Even $300 for me is really pushing it.

I've accepted that I'll have to cross that mark for an AVP Pred. And for Celtic, crossing the $400 one. But he was my only exception. When it comes to the others, they shouldn't be too tough to buy loose for a somewhat decent price. Y'know, if $350-$400 sounds decent :).

True, but then you got to ask yourself. After you have 10-15 figures, your "toy" collection is becoming a few thousand dollar investment.. At that point, what's the difference between buying 1 figure that you "really" want, versus buying two figures for the same price?
I say get over the hump and buy the figure for $400 if it is TRULY what you wan't and not just the completist inside getting the best of your judgement.

Eh, true I suppose. I really love the P2 (my fave Pred design wise), I'm just not sure I love it enough to pay $400 plus for it. I'd easily pay $300and possibly up to $350 but $400 plus is just a little steep for my blood. Right now though it doesn't matter since I don't have $400 to spend anyways (well I do but I refuse to dip into my emergency money to buy a toy).

I'm glad I have almost every one of them, but I understand how some people feel about trying to get these. If I really wanted to I could buy back Celtic, Chopper and Ancient, but I can't justify paying $800 for a 1/6 scale figure. I might as well save up for a 1:1 Alien warrior bust or another cinemaquette piece if I'm going to drop that kind of money on something.

Back