Hot Toys: Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AVP, AVP-R Discussion Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a guardian and lost predator for sell at a good price in my sales thread if anyone is interested.

Pred guys, I gots a question.

I've heard some rumblings about the recent preds having smaller heads compared to their on screen counterparts. Is it a major problem for some here? Or are any of you ok with this type of artistic license? Seeing as how the actual suit/head needed to be bigger to make up for the actor and animatronics, perhaps the smaller head on the figure is sculpted with the idea that if they were real, itd be smaller? do you guys accept and embrace the 1/6 adaptation or grit your teeth and think ah, it's the best we'll get?

Pred guys, I gots a question.

I've heard some rumblings about the recent preds having smaller heads compared to their on screen counterparts. Is it a major problem for some here? Or are any of you ok with this type of artistic license? Seeing as how the actual suit/head needed to be bigger to make up for the actor and animatronics, perhaps the smaller head on the figure is sculpted with the idea that if they were real, itd be smaller? do you guys accept and embrace the 1/6 adaptation or grit your teeth and think ah, it's the best we'll get?

:dunnoI don't mind a little bit of artistic license being taken, some things need to be tweaked to translate into another medium. Just like a comic book to big screen translation, you gotta do what you gotta do to make it work. It's possible that they made a Predator with the accurate sized head and then they all looked at the prototype and said, "Well he will never be able to stand on his own that huge melon":rotfl so they scaled it down a bit.

Too true.:lol But the reason I asked was because it made me think that maybe there was a plan for some customs or alterations or something like that. It's just I never really thought of Shadow as an army-builder.

yeah,
perhaps for future..

but for now i just prefer to keep the original looks
.... till i have some idea :pray:

Figured I'd share my collection. Sorry about the flash. I just got my first detolf and modded it to fit my Neca 1/4 Warrior. I have another detolf on the way and will do the same mod for my Neca 1/4 City Hunter. I will be updating with lights sometime soon. Do you guys prefer the LED strips or pucks? Also, I used the bone trophies from my 12" McFarlane and put them on my Classic to make it look more like P1. Looking forward to HT City Hunter, Scar, and the Lost pred I'm about to nab!

IMG_20130123_193902.jpg

IMG_20130123_193805.jpg

IMG_20130123_193816.jpg

IMG_20130123_193824.jpg

IMG_20130123_193842.jpg

Figured I'd share my collection. Sorry about the flash. I just got my first detolf and modded it to fit my Neca 1/4 Warrior. I have another detolf on the way and will do the same mod for my Neca 1/4 City Hunter. I will be updating with lights sometime soon. Do you guys prefer the LED strips or pucks? Also, I used the bone trophies from my 12" McFarlane and put them on my Classic to make it look more like P1. Looking forward to HT City Hunter, Scar, and the Lost pred I'm about to nab!

IMG_20130123_193902.jpg

IMG_20130123_193805.jpg

IMG_20130123_193816.jpg

IMG_20130123_193824.jpg

IMG_20130123_193842.jpg

Awesome!!! Great pics bro.

I have a Guardian and Lost HT Predator for a good price in my sales thread if anyone is interested.

Back