Hot Toys Predator 1 FINALLY coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you feel differently if Hot Toys has improved their rubber materials to avoid the same issues as ED-209? I've got to think they wouldn't be using a rubber body on Hellboy, and rubber arms on Abe Sapien, Billy and presumably Dutch if they anticipate having the same deterioration issues as ED-209. Plus, their batman figures have full rubber suits (which I love, btw).

Personally, I'd rather they hide the ghastly torso articulation and fatten him up with a rubber body for the number one Predator, rather than make him underweight for the sake of hard-body articulation like all of their other Predators.

These are 'supposed' to be fully poseable model kit figures, rubber hinders the fully poseable part.

I do not ever want to see a predator with rubberized anything (sans Machiko's body, and the dreadlocks). Paint peeling, rubber falling apart... no thanks.

I've spent a lot of money, like everyone else has that has followed this line, and I personally DO NOT want any part of the big one, the original, to stick out like a sore thumb - that would be a huge slap in the face (I feel) to everyone who has stuck it out and been loyal buyers of this line. "Thanks for buying all of the Predators we've released thus far... here's one that everyone has asked for... and it looks totally different."

These are 'supposed' to be fully poseable model kit figures, rubber hinders the fully poseable part.

I do not ever want to see a predator with rubberized anything (sans Machiko's body, and the dreadlocks). Paint peeling, rubber falling apart... no thanks.

I've spent a lot of money, like everyone else has that has followed this line, and I personally DO NOT want any part of the big one, the original, to stick out like a sore thumb - that would be a huge slap in the face (I feel) to everyone who has stuck it out and been loyal buyers of this line. "Thanks for buying all of the Predators we've released thus far... here's one that everyone has asked for... and it looks totally different."
We both (all?) want the predator to be the absolute best he can be, because yes it's the one everyone wants. I'm just in disagreement as to what would make him the best :p It's probably my ignorance when it comes to the flaws of a rubber body, but to me the only way I can imagine a better 1:6 scale Predator than what Hot Toys has accomplished thus far would be the elimination of the divide in his torso and making their scrawny bodies more aptly proportioned to their armor; both of these things would be corrected by a rubber body (it seems), and the new Hellboy figure gave me hope that this was something they could conceivably pull off.

I'm unsure just how much he would stand out amongst the other Hot Toys Predator figures from a continuity standpoint (except that he'd look better ;) ), but won't most people display him alongside Dutch and Billy anyhow? Who both look like they'll have rubber, joint-free arms? ;) For me personally, I'd prefer continuity with the other Predator One figures than with Predators from other films. For you guys with all of the predators though, I can understand the desire to have a complete set.

Anyhow, MaulFan's probably right that THE predator a rubber-free hard body just like all the other ones, so no worries, right? :)

Rubber free for me. Let's just hope they paint the elbow joints to match his body!!! Such a small thing that would make such a HUGE difference.

We both (all?) want the predator to be the absolute best he can be, because yes it's the one everyone wants. I'm just in disagreement as to what would make him the best :p It's probably my ignorance when it comes to the flaws of a rubber body, but to me the only way I can imagine a better 1:6 scale Predator than what Hot Toys has accomplished thus far would be the elimination of the divide in his torso and making their scrawny bodies more aptly proportioned to their armor; both of these things would be corrected by a rubber body (it seems), and the new Hellboy figure gave me hope that this was something they could conceivably pull off.

I'm unsure just how much he would stand out amongst the other Hot Toys Predator figures from a continuity standpoint (except that he'd look better ;) ), but won't most people display him alongside Dutch and Billy anyhow? Who both look like they'll have rubber, joint-free arms? ;) For me personally, I'd prefer continuity with the other Predator One figures than with Predators from other films. For you guys with all of the predators though, I can understand the desire to have a complete set.

Anyhow, MaulFan's probably right that THE predator a rubber-free hard body just like all the other ones, so no worries, right? :)

If I want a seemless look, I'll buy a model or a statue. (which I have plenty of)

I don't have any desire for the human characters from Predator, so I don't much care about how they're made at all. I'm assuming, and excuse me if I am wrong, but I'm assuming that you don't own any of the Predators? That you've waited it out for the original like some other people, right?

That's cool if you have, and it's cool for the people alongside you. But I'd honestly feel shafted and offended as a customer if they up and made the Predator you want, to please (some) people who haven't spent hundreds (or thousands) on the rest of the line. I've bought six different figures (two above retail) and have spent a good deal of money on this line, if they changed the body to a rubber one, I would flat out NOT buy it.

And don't get that second sentence wrong - I'm a fan of the move Predator (and the other movies too), I just don't much care about having a figure of any of the human characters (sans Machiko) because I am a fan of the creature itself. I just see the humans selling to more fans of the movie Predator, than the people like me who are admitted fanboys to the creature. --- Edit: That's to say I've been wowed more by the Predators, than the supporting human element. I've thought, "holy crap, I have to have a dio of Predator, and Predator 2, and man... a dio of Wolf would be awesome!"

...I've never desired a Dutch, Harrigan, Lex, or Ricky piece... and I don't think I ever will.

Last edited:
I don't have any desire for the human characters from Predator, so I don't much care about how they're made at all. I'm assuming, and excuse me if I am wrong, but I'm assuming that you don't own any of the Predators? That you've waited it out for the original like some other people, right?
Actually I have one: the non-battled damaged Predator 2 figure. He and the original predator are the only two I like enough to spend $150 a piece on, and shelf space is limited for me. While it's a great figure, I'd like for the original Predator to be near-flawless in terms of movie-accuracy. Their scrawny bodies bother me, because it's the only real major flaw in what are otherwise incredible figures.

And don't get that second sentence wrong - I'm a fan of the move Predator (and the other movies too), I just don't much care about having a figure of any of the human characters (sans Machiko) because I am a fan of the creature itself. I just see the humans selling to more fans of the movie Predator, than the people like me who are admitted fanboys to the creature. --- Edit: That's to say I've been wowed more by the Predators, than the supporting human element. I've thought, "holy crap, I have to have a dio of Predator, and Predator 2, and man... a dio of Wolf would be awesome!"

...I've never desired a Dutch, Harrigan, Lex, or Ricky piece... and I don't think I ever will.
I'm not super-excited about the human cast either, but I like the idea of having an opponent to display with my figures and Dutch may be the one and only time I do that.

yea its a shame that this figure has already been made and there aint nothing we can do about it. but we will all buy these figures anyways

The funny thing is that there is 45 pages of dialogue and once the figures actually ship I'm sure this thread will grow exponentally. Ordering day can't come fast enough and this time I'm definitely getting it via an Asian seller. I need this sooner than later.

I care more about the Dutch figure than about the Predator. I'm only a big fan of the first movie and always wanted a Dutch figure.

s***** i just want the predator but i probably won't get it bicose where i buy
this s**** even if i preorder am not shore that i will get it,i preorder 1 Wolf and they screwed me over am still waiting for the Lost predator

Did the English language change recently and I just wasn't aware of it? ;)

Anyway, one more vote for keeping the construction of the Predators consistent. I don't care about joints - they are action figures after all, not statues.

As for rubber arms for Ah-nold, I think that's entirely appropriate. It makes the musculature look great, and I wish they had done something similar for Vasquez...

just to chime in on the rubber issue - I wouldn't be comfortable with it on the predator either. I haven't been bothered by the plastic articulated torsos before and I don't find them that much too skinny to demand rubber which would bring with it new worries - namely rot and the paint flaking off with ease like on the aliens.

I am glad its being used on Arnie though - his exposed arms need to look realistic rather than using the usual shiny, undetailed arms from the base body.

I've been looking forward to these guys for a long time. :) Now I just have to figure out a way to pay for them.

I care more about the Dutch figure than about the Predator. I'm only a big fan of the first movie and always wanted a Dutch figure.
can't you just take any of the other bajillion Arnold figures that have been made since the 80s and put it in a camo outfit?
am i missing something special about Dutch here?
honestly, i'm way more excited someone actually made a Billy figure than another Predator or Arnold.

Back