Hot Toys Now Using Fake Hair in 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this ont eh CTR website, I'll be very curious to see photos and hear reports on how this one turns out, could mean great things for long haired figures form Hot Toys, this method would have made their Elizabeth Swann so much better, perhaps they'll revisit her to cash in on the update.

HT-SecretServiceERTfemale-15.jpg

wow !! she is hot.
looks like kyra knightly.

I definitely think that Elizabeth would have been better with rooted hair. The only thing I don't care for on the figure is the helmet-like appearance of her hair. They should have sculpted it up like it was when she first adorned the Singapore warrior outfit.

For some reason I've never really liked fake hair on figures. It always looked well... fake. Not that sculpted hair looks any more real but I don't know, I just like sculped hair better.

Speaking of Elizabeth Swann, that headsculpt looks a lot more like Keira than the one we got! I said it! :horror

Rooted hair CAN look good. But it can also look terrible. So far, I've been a very big fan of what Hot Toys has done with sculpted hair. Let's see what happens...

It looks like the portrait they used for their She-Predator.

It looks a bit more like Keira Knightley than this:

blog_sdcc_machiko.jpg

Then again it might be the apps. Either way it should be interesting to see what happens.

When one looks at this piece I find it hard not to think that whilst making the Swann figure it probrably occurred to one of the designers that 'real' hair would have been more suited.
A meeting probrably ensued, and a decision made to try it. I applaud Hot toys for this, when they make changes, there for sound developement issues, then these developements get carried forward to new projects.
So I suppose the question is, if this is a 'test', who will be the next production figure to benefit?

With this new developement I can really expect to see articulated eyes in the future. They really pulled the hair off well.

I have never seen real hair on a 1:6 figure that looks good. Even on that HT Spec Ops figure I think it looks crappy.

I was watching The Mentalist last night and saw her ( Amanda Righetti ) and thought about this thread. A change in eye color and the part in her hair is on the other side, but it does look like her. Check it out.
400DSC_2146a_3x4.jpg
amanda-righetti-friday-13th.jpg

amanda.jpg

Back