Hot Toys : New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys New DX TDK Joker 2.0 Coming?

I'm calling it now, changeable faceplates on Joker 2.0

I was thinking about that until I realized the Joker's hairline doesn't lend itself to that kind of seam —unlike the batman cowl or sparrow's bandana— unless they can do an amazing job hiding it.

3 Expressions would be amazing if they could pull it off...

I'm calling it now; joker with shotgun, rpg, smg, pocket knife and break-away pool cue stick

I'm calling it now; joker with shotgun, rpg, smg, pocket knife and break-away pool cue stick

And the "Bank Robber" outfit/accessories. :monkey5

I was thinking about that until I realized the Joker's hairline doesn't lend itself to that kind of seam —unlike the batman cowl or sparrow's bandana— unless they can do an amazing job hiding it.

3 Expressions would be amazing if they could pull it off...

Moreso if the hair is rooted. If not, then it would still be a pain if the front of the hair was attached to part of the face because if it's anything like the first DX, the back of the hair would be removed as well in order to gain access to the PERS, and what would you be left with? A ball of plastic and a couple of eyeballs?

Lol @ all the people threatening to not buy. We know you will. :) 100% it'll at least have the purple suit joker. If it was solely nurse joker, they'd call it DX08 instead of DX01 2.0. They see the high secondary market value of the Joker and realize many new collectors want one. It'll definitely have the serious face joker, but I'm hoping it'll also have an additional laughing joker. I'm thinking it'll be purple suit joker and a least interrogation joker as I believe they share many clothing. (at least the pants!) I'm personally hoping the second joker outfit is another bank robber joker, but I'd be more than happy for a nurse joker which could very well happen as they'll want something for current dx01 owners to desire. What I find odd is people assume this 2.0 version will be the only revision of Joker this upcoming year...

Where did you guys get that it's DX01 2.0? Just because it's The Joker 2.0 doesn't mean that it's DX01 2.0,it could be DX08 or DX 10 for all we know.

28028218579622174991494.jpg
279717_192092170852781_138228759572456_548889_5207515_o.jpg

wtf! This better have two new head sculps with new expressions and not the same expression! Cause thats some ol bull!

Cause it has the dx logo then a 2.0?:dunno

The DX 02 was Batman. The 2.0 is to elaborate on the fact that this is their second shot at The Joker in their DX line, it isn't the number of the release.

The DX 02 was Batman. The 2.0 is to elaborate on the fact that this is their second shot at The Joker in their DX line, it isn't the number of the release.

Yeah, and the Joker is The DX01. So if this is their second shot at a DX Joker, it would be the DX01 2.0? Right?

BTW. I'm not disagreeing with you. Just wondering myself. That last post of mine sounded like I was disagreeing with you.

Think of it this way, OC Batman was MMS 71 or something, yet this new Begins Batman is MMS 155, not MMS 71 2.0. Do you get what I'm saying? I know the numbering can be confusing at times.

Think of it this way, OC Batman was MMS 71 or something, yet this new Begins Batman is MMS 155, not MMS 71 2.0. Do you get what I'm saying? I know the numbering can be confusing at times.

Makes sense. I'm just wondering if HT is gonna call this the DX01 2.0 cause it might be pretty close to the same figure, just updated. Think of it like a Blu-Ray getting a Special Edition or 2nd release. But it might be the DX35 or whatever number their on.

Someone mentioned earlier that this is the DX 08, don't know how true it is, but I believe it's either this or his 80's counterpart.

No they are calling it 2.0 because of the implications behind that term. A "1.0" is the reference term for an initial release or base release. When that release is enhanced or improved in some way, they move along the line to show that it is differing from it's initial release. Look at the bottom of the site, this is Version 3.8.6 of this site. It is the version 3.0 of the initial offering moving along the line in secondary segments because it isn't a fully change just patching and alterings.

Think of it this way. You know those geeky shirts they sell for parents and kids where the parent wears 1.0 and the kid wears 2.0? The reason those are humorous is because if I'm 1.0 and my son 2.0 what I am saying is that he is me only enhanced and improved by the qualities given by my wife to make a better person. As if he were software.

HT wants this called 2.0 and not DX 1v2 or any other incarnation because they want it clearly noted with that rooted feel that this is enhanced and improved by something that makes it superior to the original release. It's finding what HT is considering the enhancement that we are all doing.

This wouldn't technically be the next DX along the line, this is HT telling us they've done the first one better in some way.

No they are calling it 2.0 because of the implications behind that term. A "1.0" is the reference term for an initial release or base release. When that release is enhanced or improved in some way, they move along the line to show that it is differing from it's initial release. Look at the bottom of the site, this is Version 3.8.6 of this site. It is the version 3.0 of the initial offering moving along the line in secondary segments because it isn't a fully change just patching and alterings.

Think of it this way. You know those geeky shirts they sell for parents and kids where the parent wears 1.0 and the kid wears 2.0? The reason those are humorous is because if I'm 1.0 and my son 2.0 what I am saying is that he is me only enhanced and improved by the qualities given by my wife to make a better person. As if he were software.

HT wants this called 2.0 and not DX 1v2 or any other incarnation because they want it clearly noted with that rooted feel that this is enhanced and improved by something that makes it superior to the original release. It's finding what HT is considering the enhancement that we are all doing.

This wouldn't technically be the next DX along the line, this is HT telling us they've done the first one better in some way.

Yup this is what I was trying to say. Just couldn't find the words for it.
:exactly::goodpost:

I think we will see a Batman ver 2.0 once this has come out, especially with TDKR coming out next July they will have to find some way of bringing out a movie specific figure even though the batsuit is the same....

:exactly::goodpost: This is probably the best description of what HT is offering with this 2.0 thing. Im like Zach on this one, I was trying to find the words earlier and couldnt:lol Good job :lol With that said though this would have to mean that the DX01 would lose its value some what, right? Could you imagine seeing a DX01 going for $200 again?

BUT if they change too much it will be a different figure, right? I mean if youi give him a completly different sulpt, coat,vest etc coupled with (maybe?) a different outfit like the nurse get up...that would be a different release not just some sort of advanced version.. I dunno, this ____ is making me feel :cuckoo:

Another DX. Ok here goes:
Full Joker Outfit, including one shoe with retractable blade.
Altenative Nurse Joker Outfit.
Smiling Head Sculpt
Nurse Joker Head Sculpt.
3rd Head sculpt with bleeding cuts to the face from final scene
Cue stick, Detonator, Gun with silencer, Knives, Scaffold Pole, Shotgun, RPG, Cocktail Glass, and Black bin body bag.

Did I forget anything? and when should I stop dreaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back